Old 03-07-2018, 05:11 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  
Administrator

Larry

D
Old 03-08-2018, 01:59 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

That sounds like an awesome week, Larry....you go!
Old 11-19-2018, 10:59 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Not again

OMG!!! where the hell have I been. Doing what I do when I'm not doing what I did, and much happier for it.
This recoveredcrackhead still loves life (more everyday) Still riding the bicycle, year round, in upstate NY. (Currently mid 30's with a couple inches of snow) Still trying to biuld a Recovery Community Center, Peer run, but addicts are a squirrely bunch.; Just confirmed my 4th "Ride to Recovery" 200 mile round trip bicycle ride to volunteer at the NYS Rec Conf. and now I'm prepping for our 4th "Second Thanksgiving" where my AA home group serves the church congregation as an act of gratitude (for putting up with our cigarette butts and potty-mouths etc.)
Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving,
Be Well,
Larry
Old 11-19-2018, 04:47 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good one Larry

D
Old 02-03-2019, 02:14 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  
Not again

SuperBowl LIII....I'm sorry, Sober SuperBowl #2 ,brought to you by my AA home group "All-R-Welcome". We seem to be a little different, but we're good with that.
4 weeks from today I will do my 3rd American Heart Asso. "Heart Run & Walk" with our team from "Friends of Recovery- Mohawk Valley"

Yesterday we (Fred & I) restarted "LifeQuest" with a "singer/songwriter" group. (You'll have to scroll back to another thread for more info on that.

I am also on the "board" for a start up called "Shattered". I am currently trying to establish a second HA group in my home town.

Oh, and I have started a service position with AmeriCorps. I shall be addressing homelessness and other housing issues with the poor.

And, most amazingly....I still carry money, lol. Sometimes a lot of it, and recently a lot of someone else's money while they were in rehab...

I am impressed with the way God works, I hope you are too.

Be Well,
Larry
Old 05-17-2019, 08:27 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  
Life is good

Originally Posted by larrylive View Post
SuperBowl LIII....I'm sorry, Sober SuperBowl #2 ,brought to you by my AA home group "All-R-Welcome". We seem to be a little different, but we're good with that.
4 weeks from today I will do my 3rd American Heart Asso. "Heart Run & Walk" with our team from "Friends of Recovery- Mohawk Valley"

Yesterday we (Fred & I) restarted "LifeQuest" with a "singer/songwriter" group. (You'll have to scroll back to another thread for more info on that.

I am also on the "board" for a start up called "Shattered". I am currently trying to establish a second HA group in my home town.

Oh, and I have started a service position with AmeriCorps. I shall be addressing homelessness and other housing issues with the poor.

And, most amazingly....I still carry money, lol. Sometimes a lot of it, and recently a lot of someone else's money while they were in rehab...

I am impressed with the way God works, I hope you are too.

Be Well,
Larry
A somewhat older thread, yet really good stuff and perhaps you'll check in again!

Good luck with all you're doing. Yep, I'm also impressed with the way God works.

Namaste
Old 06-09-2019, 10:15 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Life altering thread thank you so much for the honesty Larry, keep us updated ! <3
Old 06-25-2019, 12:11 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Hey Larry,

Thanks for sharing everything that you have shared brother. You have a unique and very inspiring prospective. It is clear that a Spiritual awakening has occurred as a result of your use and subsequent recovery. Stay clean, 1 day at a time, and keep inspiring us in our sobriety.
Blessings to you,
Art
Old 01-21-2020, 02:18 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  
Not again

Say what????!!!!
We still got crackheads running around?
Well, I'm happy to say AA worked for me.
I just signed-up for a second year with the AmeriCorps.
Street Homeless Outreach is what I do. (and spread the love through donation distribution. Furniture mostly, then coats, hats & gloves. I also dabble in personal hygiene items (people like my "blessing bags", mainly because they're backpacks)
My home group dissolved/turned into an Herion Anonymous group. But they don't work the steps or participate in any other activities. It's sad, but I'm sober. Still trying to build a Recovery Community Center. I may drop the "recovery" part and make it a "free-for-all" community center. Only God knows. I'm good with that, it eliminates the worry.

Be Well,
Larry
Old 01-21-2020, 03:49 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy New Year Larry

D
Old 02-17-2020, 06:09 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  
Not again

Have I mentioned I am trying to build a Recovery Community Center. It's very competitive. The powers that be are super selfish and controlling. Apparently "Consumer Operated Service Provider" was not a well accepted model in the Mental Health/Recovery world. I believe this has trickled down into the "peer-to-peer" model, ineffective in my location, but a viable and growing alternative to paying LCSW's or Addiction Counselors. So that's my rant in a nutshell....Onward and upward, if it's to be it will be. I'm at work, kinda, it's a volunteer thing. We are giving away some free clothes, nice stuff, like "interview" wear. Or at least that's the way it's promoted. Next Saturday I'll be helping give away Winter Coats & Hats for the third time this year. We do it outdoors just to drive home the point that it's needed (It was -13 degrees over the weekend). Oh, last Friday I helped move/relocate/house a guy that was living in an abandoned building. I like to think he's much more comfortable now,
If I can ever be of help, just ask,

Be well,
Larry
Old 02-17-2020, 06:12 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  
Not again

I scrolled up and just to follow up, we did Sober Super Bowl # 3,
We got this recovery stuff nailed.

Be well
Larry
Old 02-17-2020, 06:21 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

It's always nice to see you when you stop in, Larry

I'll send up an extra prayer for your work!
Old 02-17-2020, 06:42 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Recovery life works if we work it. An important
phrase I learned quite a few one days sober ago
and see that you are working it to achieve some
amazing gifts in both life and recovery, which is
called success.

Good job...!!!!
Old 05-10-2020, 03:52 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  
Not again

I have been blessed...But first, good morning and Happy Mother's day...After living in...sub-standard apartment's most of my adult life, I have been given the opportunity to live in a beautiful house in a nice suburban neighborhood. 3 Bedrooms, full basement, garage and a yard with a white picket fence. It's not permanent, but for at least a year. I still ride a bicycle year round, so the garage will afford me a nice workspace for maintenance. (Although at 56 and in Upstate NY I can see this changing in a few years)Funny thing this homeless and addiction situation I try to help with. Seems most have resigned themselves to stay there. Usually by way of not putting in the effort to change it. Oh sure, everybody wants to be sober and live in their own place, but usually by way of free, and the less paperwork/office visits they have to do the better. I still strive, but the "completion" count remains painfully low. I have endeavored to obtain "survival" supplies aka; "Blessing Bags", and in fact that seems to be the most rewarding part of the job, so I don't focus on that. I'm not doing...life, for the rewards, I'll get mine. I'm doing what I do because I believe it needs to be done. I hope you do too.Be Well,Larry
Old 05-10-2020, 12:21 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  
under new management

Usually, when I see an old thread revived, I go to the most recent post to see what's up. Today, for this thread, I went in blind, started at page one. Wow, what a payoff!!!!! larrylive, you are an amazing inspiration, this thread had me enthralled and thrilled! God bless you.
Old 01-31-2021, 09:30 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  
Not again

lol...you don't know the half of it.
This is actually my third "thread". The first starts in 2007 or 2009, ya it's blurry.
Just follow the link below in my signature.
But thank you for the compliment. Addiction sucked and well if I can help speed up some one's recovery
or at least make it more comfortable, it makes me happy.

Be Well,
Larry.
Old 01-31-2021, 09:31 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  
Not again

Ha!....2008
Old 08-28-2021, 04:55 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  
Not again

February?

I've promised to post more frequently for years. Mainly because it's like journaling
with feedback. I missed the mark...which is to say; it's a sin.

But that is the least of my worries. I do endeavor to bring the joys of my
life here. Unfortunately it's time. I'm 58 years old and have experienced
a varied life, with some happy accomplishments and some painful
lessons. and now somethings up.

I grow weak and weary, physically and mentally. This,in turn, has
gotten me off my din, my path, spiritually. So I have been distraught
about my physical being, I am fatigued and growing weaker. I was hoping it
was "just" depression, but my body is failing me, I don't know to what extent
this interacts with my mental health, but I am going crazy, literally.

I realize the irony of that statement,(catch-22; crazy people don't know their crazy)
But my head is a jungle and sometimes I feel I've not been in here before..........

........I digress, no, I get distracted, off tract, easily. I also tend to get overly involved
or lost in thought as they say. Two lines ago I was going to use the word "schema",
then checked to make sure it meant what I thought and found myself reading a couple
research journal articles. And so it goes.....

Now as I attempt to finish this post, I find the motivation and desire have left.
I really want to just close now, but am mentally struggling not to. It's kinda like the
sense of procrastination. Story of my life. Distractions and procrastination.

Mind yourself, nobody else can. Listen to your heart, so long as it is pure
and happiness in days will be yours,

Regards,
Larry
Old 08-28-2021, 06:57 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think a lot of us are finding life hard at the moment - aging as well doesn't help.
I try to see the glass half full, not half empty. - its the only way I can keep moving.

All best as always Larry

D