Notices

Uggggggg. Getting tired of this

Old 08-08-2013, 10:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Uggggggg. Getting tired of this

I am getting tired of this cycle.

I am taking a long weekend with my wife and daughter this weekend. Not the time to tackle. But I am thinking of tackling when I get back. Start this mountain climb Monday. I am very encouraged by Thirdtymes post on his process. I do NOT want to be a lifer on sub. I don't mind using it as a quick tool. But do not want it as maintenance. I really would LOVE for my 8 strips to be all I need.

Just sick of what I continue to do to myself. Sick of going to bed excited about getting my life back only to wake up having lost that drive. Sick of draining my paycheck for nothing. Sick of waking up at 4am in mild WD. Sick of coming here and wondering why I am not choosing the brave path like most of you.

For those of you who believe in God. Please add me to your prayer list. Pray that i gain the courage and strength and resolve I need to pull this trigger on Monday.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I will keep you in my prayers you can do it. I also had a day planned and I understand you don't want to start with an upcoming trip with your wife and daugther. I took my last oxy last Tuesday around 9pm and when I woke up on Wednesday I was determined and started with the small amount of subs I had no withdrawals what so ever while taking the subs and thank God I didn't get precipitated withdrawals from the subs. Now after the subs wore off I did feel the withdrawls felt tired restless and couldn't sleep. Even today I still feel tired but I am glad I am moving forward and not backwards. I have the rest of my life to live for I am only 25 . I know you can do it. Have you ever tried using subs before or is this your first time?
Old 08-08-2013, 12:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thirdtyme View Post
I will keep you in my prayers you can do it. I also had a day planned and I understand you don't want to start with an upcoming trip with your wife and daugther. I took my last oxy last Tuesday around 9pm and when I woke up on Wednesday I was determined and started with the small amount of subs I had no withdrawals what so ever while taking the subs and thank God I didn't get precipitated withdrawals from the subs. Now after the subs wore off I did feel the withdrawls felt tired restless and couldn't sleep. Even today I still feel tired but I am glad I am moving forward and not backwards. I have the rest of my life to live for I am only 25 . I know you can do it. Have you ever tried using subs before or is this your first time?
This will be my first dance. Doc wants me to start at 16mg. To me that is huge overkill.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Depending on how much opiate you were using should dictate how much sub you should take. I have never heard of anyone getting 16 mgs before. Even the smackers I was in treatment with were only prescribed 2-4 mgs. I never took subs for withdrawl. Just puked **** and shook my self clean. Never had to take many comfort med because I wanted WD to be something unforgettable. And it truly was. That in itself is enough for now to keep me from ever picking up again. Best wishes
Old 08-08-2013, 04:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I agree with Hcatoni 16mg is way to much especially since you were using close to the same mg's I was. When I took the 2mg it lasted pretty much all day then @ night I took about 1 mg and was able to sleep no prob.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Mk I used 2mg strips over the month and cut them in half every day, then quarters. Then used one 2mg subutex over 5-6 days to wean. I just wanted to detox and get over the pill cravings. I was down to 60-75mg of hydro after a couple years of 200mg oxy. My friend that uses 8mg a day said it was placebo effect but for me it was plenty to kill the urge to use. I'm on 8 days off and feeling pretty darn good. If you can't taper down to nothing on the oxy's then it could help, I couldn't! I white knuckled through heroin but I was single, no kids and the closest methadone clinic was 45 min away.

I am not giving you medical advise, just telling you what I did. Sometimes during that month I wished I would have just did my w/d but I had a past and couldn't afford the 3-5 days of flu when I knew I could make calls and get more.

I genuinely laughed today. Like a big, ridiculous laugh. I can't remember the last time I did that.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Mkintexas, how you doing? I know exactly how you feel with going to bed with huge plans to be clean and sober the next day, all to fail the next day. I did that for years and still am struggling (day 3 today). I also know you are considering the sub route or already on the sub route? What did you decide?
Old 08-11-2013, 06:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey Mkintexas just checking up on you how you doing bro. How was you trip with the fam?
Thank God I been doing good been getting back into church I went Friday night and this Sunday morning. Man I can't believe how good I am feeling I barley am thinking of oxys its been 12 days I think. I can tell you those first days you sacrifice are worth it when you come out not needing an oxy every time you leave the house every time you go out with your family every time you feel like you need motivation. The only issue I am having is sleep but I'm sure if you talk to your doctor they can prescribe something to help you sleep just until things get back to normal. Are you still planning on starting the subs tomorrow?
Old 08-11-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Praying and sending you vibes! You are totally psyching yourself out about this. What's the worst thing that can happen? Maybe you poo your pants or get so sweaty that you run around the block like Frank the Tank? Bananas, Gatorade, maybe some melatonin or anti anxiety med if doc approved. Clonidine if approved. Jump and karate kick that Jagaloon out.