Notices

Hi all!

Old 07-30-2013, 09:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi all!

I have been reading awhile and decided to sign up. I am eight days out on a three yr hydro rollercoaster. I'm doing OK and it gets a little better each day. Most of the W/D's have left me (except the infamous RSL and knee pain at night).

I hope everyone is doing well today. It seems there are a lot of great people here and that's rare to see sometimes:-)
Old 07-30-2013, 01:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, tiredenough, welcome to SR. So, you made it through the worst of wds? Congratulations, on your 8 days. Remember you never have to go through that again, right? Thank God! Keep posting!
Old 07-30-2013, 01:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome! Yes, I know I am done with this stuff. It took awhile but I finally woke up and got my mind right.

I feel a little rough but I can handle it I think. The legs were the worst part and one has stopped
Old 07-30-2013, 02:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's good. Yes, the leg tingling and cramps were aweful. That's great that your through with the hydro. Someone should be coming around soon. Glad you are here. Take care.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
BFD
Slowly, but surely, making it!

This is NOT medical advice, just something I inadvertently found out when I detoxed last week... valtrex really helped me with that crawly skin/rls feeling! I was getting a cold sore from all the stress of WD and popped a valtrex that night. Within 30 min I noticed I was relaxed and no longer spazzing out. It worked the next day, too. Just wanted to put that out there. (I'm not sure if this post will get deleted or not. It's not really medical advice, right?)
Old 07-31-2013, 09:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My friend told me to eat a banana for potassium for the legcramps. Worked for me. Good job on getting sober. It gets easier.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thankfully its gone for now with one regular tylenol. Man, the first few days are brutal. I was out by the pool on day 3 at 2am punching my knees to divert the pain to the outside. Rough time for sure.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Tiredenough,
I'm glad your feeling better today. How r u emotionally? The physical side of wds were horrible but I wasn't prepared for the Psychl side that came shortly thereafter. I had such awful anxiety, depression, brain fog. Even now, 5 months later, I have such short term memory loss. I'll be doing something, one of my kids will call me. I'll stop what I'm doing and forget what it was that I was doing in the first place. Somedays,it's so bad that I seem to have a lot of unfinished jobs around the house. For instance, I will put the laundry in the washer. Kids ask me for something to eat. Go upstairs, fix them lunch. Forget about the laundry and start doing dishes. Then the phone rings. Stop that and answer the phone. Forget about the rest of the dishes. Start cleaning the bathroom etc.. Thank God I am not working right now. I am sure I would be fired. I just feel like I lost my mind. I certainly hope this isn't permanent!
Old 07-31-2013, 02:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Clean! Thank you for asking!

I feel pretty rough today. Tired mostly but not emotionally great either. I will make it, though:-)