Notices

alcohol screening

Old 06-14-2013, 02:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

alcohol screening

Hi everyone,

I am sort of freaking out. As a condition to going back to work, I have to take scheduled and random screenings. since my contract doesn't start until September, I wasn't concerned that I drank Tuesday night. I would not have if I knew they scheduled one tomorrow at 12pm. If it's more than .02 it's a problem.

any advice or information would be helpful.. It's 4am and I can't sleep.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Avondale - welcome

If your last drink was Tuesday I can't think of any way you would register tomorrow/today, which I'm assuming in your case is Friday?

why do you think you might?

D
Old 06-14-2013, 03:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I never had to do a test before. It will be like 55 hours since I drank.

thanks
Old 06-14-2013, 10:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Since urine is a very unreliable way to test for the presence of alcohol, I'm assuming that your test will be blood based. Either way, alcohol comes out of the system fast compared to some other drugs. Scientifically speaking, alcohol is metabolized (or burned off) at a rate of .015% per hour. Even if someone gets legally bombed with booze, all remnants will be out of the system within less than 24 hours.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

If the conditions of your employment is no alcohol, why were you drinking? Because you didn't think you'd get caught? If you get through this screening, SR would be great place to help establish your sobriety and then you'll never have to worry about it again.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I didn't know the conditions of the agreement and I had been sober 9 months and freaked out at the idea of mandatory random testing. It shouldn't matter. It just made me anxious and I couldn't sleep. I don't want to go through that again. I wasn't asking to find tricks to pass. I just freaked out a bit the day of the agreement signing...2 years with random test .02 or less. What an incentive! They did a 10 panel drug test...I don't do drugs and a breathalyzer..o.oo. I drank a bottle of wine. I am not even here to fool myself. Not worth the anxiety.

On
Old 06-14-2013, 12:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

BTW.
dh dropped me off at 12 noon and I finished at 12:15 and had to take the bus. Don't mind buses; however I walked 3 miles to get home. 15 minute appt. and 1 45minutes to go home. At least I got some exercise on a great day...seating like a pig and sunburned. It felt good. I have lost 30lbs since I quit drinking and I want to keep the ball rolling. 15 more lbs. and I can fit into all my 10/12..new wardrobe. I don't think I will ever fit back into the 8s. Which is fine. It's an incentive with us ladies. I haven't done anything except eat..when I drank I didn't eat. Now I realize I can have moderate weight loss without be obsessive.

I am sure you may relate
Old 06-14-2013, 11:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Avondale, proud of your accomplishments! Any chance you are from or live in Avondale? That is where I grew up!
Old 06-16-2013, 11:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It's in Milwaukee
Old 06-16-2013, 11:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Oh, I am from Avondale AZ
Old 06-19-2013, 09:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well I met with my therapist today and I am going to do and IOP at his wellness clinic that has a holistic approach if my insurance covers it.

I will connect more on this board. Doggonecarl's comment really hit home.

avondale
Old 06-20-2013, 04:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Great news Avondale. Goodluck to you! Btw, my oldest daughter lives in Milwaukee. She went to college in Madison, and stayed in WS. I visited her last year when my grandson was born. It must be tough, sobriety in Milwaukee, I noticed alcohol seemed to be ingrained in the culture of that city. Perhaps influenced by those giant brewing companies. Lol
Old 06-20-2013, 05:02 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Yes, alcohol is involved in everything! We are the city of ethnic festivals every weekend during the summer and of course, Summerfest. The stages are sponsored by beer companies. I was never a fan of Summerfest but I am going to the New kids on the block concert this year but I am going with sober friends.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:38 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yes, my daughter enjoys those kinds of festivities. There seems to be alot of outdoor concerts on the lake. She also enjoys hiking, swimming and winter sports such as snowmobiling up north. Wisconsin has a lot to offer. My daughter likes her alcohol. So far, not a problem. Unfortunately though addiction is in the DNA. I never drank much; but when the Dr prescribed Percocet for my shoulder injury I was instantly hooked!