Notices

Need Encouragement :(

Old 05-07-2013, 06:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need Encouragement :(

I just need some encouragement. Today is my 21st day off of hydrocodones. I had some good days but the past 7 have been horrible. I am very lethargic. VERY! Almost couldn't come to work! I think I could handle everything else if it wasn't for this. It is a weakness/fatigue in the my very core. Even my breathing is somewhat weakened...as if I am sleeping.

Does it get better?

Is there anything that I can take, supplement wise to help?
Old 05-07-2013, 09:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there!

Hi,
I have 51 days clean from oxys and hydros, and my energy ebbs and flows.
As for supplements, I cannot recommend anything. I can share my experience... I take L-tyrosine, and it seems to help a little.
It has gotten much better since the first month... I may have one or two days a week where I need to rest, but overall I have much more energy.
I also chalk it up to old age... I used so that I could have energy... that is what had me go from taking painpills as prescribed, for injuries from a car accident, to becoming addicted... it was the energy I got. Now, I just want to be clean and sober... I don't have to be Superwoman and accomplish a trillion things every week. I did cut some stress creating, energy draining situations out of my life, and that helped a lot.
You are past the worst... a weird thing for me, I realized i was dehydrated and did not drink enough water and that would cause me to feel weak. I remind myself to drink water or G2 Gatorade and it helps a lot.
If the fatigue continues, I would recommend checking in with your doctor, as you might have an underlying medical condition, as well.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The first few months are tough, with good days and bad days. The good days increase as time goes by. I suggest a standard multi-vitamin and forcing yourself to take walks or exercise, as the energy level seems to pick up. I, too, found energy in taking these pills and could accomplish a lot when on them. For we females who became addicted, I often wonder if this goal to be Superwoman led us to this place, as juggling all of the responsibilities seemed easier while using.

Bottom line is that we are not meant to be super people - just people.
Keep up the good work . . it does get better. I am almost at 2.5 years now clean from opiates after using off and on for about 20 years.