Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

Drinking alcohol and taking xanax AS prescribed cause violence??

Notices

Drinking alcohol and taking xanax AS prescribed cause violence??

Old 04-09-2013, 04:05 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

How much worse could this be next time? Run.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:18 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I suspect he's out drinking right now and that why he hasn't answered me again. Ha. Does a leopard ever change his stripes? It's funny cause I'm 32 I have been drinking and partying since I was 21. In actually sick I'd it and am so ready for a normal relationship and a family. Why do people still wanna live that way at our age. Doesn't it get old? I guess I had False hopes for this one and found myself with another one of the same. I hope this makes sense to someone. I'm so angry right now but rather than lash out in typing here. Does god hate me? Why do I feel like I'm being punished. Argh!!!!! Fml... Why when I want to be sober everyone around me is ******* up even the people I thought were good for me. I'm screaming inside!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 04-09-2013, 07:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm ...... Just ...... So mad!!!! Confused!!!! Why why why why!! Where is my normal in life!!!!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:16 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

How ya feeling today Omnom?? Keep chin up!!
Old 04-10-2013, 02:32 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hey Omnom, i'm sorry to hear about your experience. I know the mix of xanax and alcohol all too well. My last relapse was on Xanax and alcohol. It is not a pretty combination. I'm not surprised that your bf can't remember anything he did cause that is a huge side effect of mixing the two.

My last relapse, I woke up with cuts and bruises all over my body, and I can't remember a thing that I did. From what I can piece together, I punched the wall, punched picture frames, and fell down a lot. When I'm sober, i'm not a violent guy at all. I have the ability to keep my composure, and keep my temper under control. However, when i'm mixing the two or even drinking, all bets are off. It's truly shameful and embarrassing, but I am grateful that my violent behavior has never hit anyone. I'm not defending what he did, but I'm saying that I can relate with what he did.

I wouldn't waste time trying to figure out why because more than likely, he doesn't even know why. I can tell you that the consequences from mixing the two will result with more insane and psychotic behavior. He needs help with his addictions.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:54 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for that recovery. He's so not a bad guy and it kills me inside that this happened. Ill try and talk to him more in person. It's been a little awkward. I think he feels deeply bad. Plus he knows I will not be in his presence when drinking ever again either. Means alot to hear a personal experience.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:09 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I'm okay today lostand confused. I am waiting to go look at an apartment right now. invited him to come but he's being wierd. One say at a time in all areas. I didn't pick up a pipe today which makes it a good day too :
Old 04-10-2013, 05:18 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Awesome Omnom!! Two weeks today right?!
Old 04-10-2013, 06:00 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Yep yep
Old 04-22-2013, 10:30 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Update on this. I saw him a few more times and its been ended now. He treated me crap after that happened didn't pay me back for my injuries and just flat treated me like crap. I have sense been called a psycho. Guess its good to learn early on right.. Can't say it doesn't hurt though.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:04 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I think once you drink on xanax you are no longer taking it as prescribed
Old 04-22-2013, 04:05 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Good point !!! Well I'm no longer seeing him and he is still drinking. Idiot
Old 04-22-2013, 04:11 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Omnom View Post

Is he abusing his Xanax and I'm just naive??
yes he is abusing his Xanax
one is not suppose to drink any alcohol with the Xanax

(most all) doctors will not prescribe Xanax to one
who mixes them with alcohol

this has been know to cause many a dangerous condition

onehigherpower
Old 04-22-2013, 04:16 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

It's funny that you say that z I asked him why his doctor doesn't put him in something else and he said there is nothing else.. This was also in between him nodding in and out in the car. what dr would allow him to stay on that? He's a heavy drinker too.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:30 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Glad to hear he is history.
Take care of you.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:37 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Jules

I didn't read the rest of the posts but here are my two cents. I took xanax for a little while and my doctor said "absolutely do not drink while taking these." He was basically like please, please, please do not drink while taking these. It probably says it on the bottle not to drink while taking them either and for that reason your boyfriend is abusing them because he isn't taking them as prescribed.

I'm sorry for what you have been through. I've been there and I know it is very scary. You need to look out for you. Its up to you to go or stay but you will be able to tell by his behavior pretty quickly whether he is serious or not.

Take care of you! Words are just words.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:49 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Oh it's over I'm done being treated like ****. I finally stuck up for myself but im the psycho! Hell come crawling back. Not gonna do it
Old 04-22-2013, 05:01 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hey there.

If he is drinking while on xanax then he is not taking them as prescribed. It says right on the side of the bottle "do not drink alcohol.".

Xanax and booze don't mix well. It can really mess you up. I have done many a crazy thing while blacked out on that combo.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:09 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I wonder if he has called me over to his house in a black out stage before. A few times he has woken up in the morning and seemed surprised I was there. When you black out is it in periods or just one big black out the whole night?
Old 04-24-2013, 01:56 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Jules

With a blackout it just depends. It could be either a period or the whole night. Some people have taken entire trips (like out of state) and not realized it. Its very terrifying.

I'm glad you got away from him, consider it a blessing. Please don't go back.

I can't say enough how great it is you got away. You deserve so much better. Don't buy into his drama if he tries to drag you back!!