Notices

Relapsed

Old 03-28-2013, 01:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relapsed

So three weeks ago, I went on a short term suboxone treatment. I was on for a week. Clean off of suboxone for two weeks today. So total, three weeks clean off of oxycodone. Well today I had a killer migraine, and I had someone give me 8 30mg roxy's. I ended up taking two tonight (total) and have 6 left. I'm wondering, if I end up taking the last 6 throughout the week, am I going to withdraw again, or is 8 pills throughout the span of a couple days not enough to put me back in withdraw? Please help!
Old 03-28-2013, 01:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Quick note, I used to take about 150mgs a day total.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

First off, I am sad that someone would give you oxy's when you are going through a sub treatment. Having them in your hands when you are quitting is NOT OKAY. please, if you can flush them all, get back on your subs and that is IT! I am glad you are posting, have you been through oxy withdrawal before? If you are on subs why would you worry about withdrawing?
Old 03-28-2013, 02:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sounds like your trying to rationalise using. Just throw them.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support. Like I said, I was on short term treatment with subs. I only was on subs for one week, and have been off of subs for two weeks.

Originally Posted by icandoit12 View Post
First off, I am sad that someone would give you oxy's when you are going through a sub treatment. Having them in your hands when you are quitting is NOT OKAY. please, if you can flush them all, get back on your subs and that is IT! I am glad you are posting, have you been through oxy withdrawal before? If you are on subs why would you worry about withdrawing?
Old 03-28-2013, 02:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think I am going to give them back to that person when I see them on Friday. I know it sounds like I am justifying it, but I truly did have a horrible migraine (something I constantly suffer from) and I couldn't get anything to take it away so that person gave me some to help out! I think I'm going to tell them when I see them that I appreciate the help, but I don't think I need them. The person who gave them to me is prescribed them, and does not know about my addiction. That person will occasionally give me a couple when my migraines are bad.

Originally Posted by Melbadaze View Post
Sounds like your trying to rationalise using. Just throw them.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I really do appreciate the concern, guys. Thank you. It's nice to know that someone cares. However, I am still curious that if I do end up taking them, if I will withdraw from 8 pills in total over a few days, when I haven't taken any in three weeks?
Old 03-28-2013, 03:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MamaCee View Post
I really do appreciate the concern, guys. Thank you. It's nice to know that someone cares. However, I am still curious that if I do end up taking them, if I will withdraw from 8 pills in total over a few days, when I haven't taken any in three weeks?
Is it worth the risk?
Old 03-28-2013, 04:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

1 is too many and 1000 is never enough.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I might be out of line for saying what I'm about to say, but I've been through AA in the past and I'm kicking opiates right now. But first, once we become addicted to opiates, it doesn't take that much for us to kick sick, it's not like the first time when it took weeks or a month of using. If you decide to use, ween off or something.

But secondly whether you decide to use or not, I can only hope we will all be here for you when you return. At least that's my hope if I relapse. Scothbotch, Melbadaze, etc. are right as well.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
BFD
Slowly, but surely, making it!

You've made a huge mistake, sweetheart. You WILL be sick again. You have a disease. It's not a nice one. You don't get to pick and choose IF you will be sick again - you will be sick as soon as you stop, and I hate that for you. I believe you have just started over. Now the rest is up to you. Finish what you've got, or sell them to someone else. The idea of making some money back from what you just spent would appeal to me more than throwing them down the drain, but I love money Everyone falls. Don't kick yourself. Get back on your sober bike and ride again. We will be right here for you. Only you will know when you have truly had enough.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:28 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yes unfortunately you are finding out the the disease of addiction is more than a physical problem. Mentally you addiction is controlling your actions. If you are and addict you should not take any drugs. Why take 2? Why not try alternatives. This is something only you can figure out. If you really want to be healthy and stop using don't pick up no matter what. Whose to say the migraine was not from your body detoxing. 3 Weeks in the grand scheme is nothing. Relapse is not a requirement for recovery learn and move on
Old 03-29-2013, 07:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I've recovered a few times and I'm no expert, but if your relapse do not beat yourself up, it happens to a lot of us. But try to learn. What are your triggers? I use to watch Seinfeld while waiting for my connection to "hook me up." I had to change what I watched.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:24 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I also have migraines and have learned I have to live with some of the pain. I also take Ibuprofen 600mg, wait about 2-3 hours and take Tylenol 500-1000 mg. I alternate those during the day. It's better than taking nothing. Doof not take more than 600mg 4 times a day only of the Ibuprofen AND no more than 4000mg of Tylenol. Those are the cut offs of maximum daily dosage.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:22 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thank you guys. Unfortunately I did relapse but I'm not to the point where I feel like I "need" them. So when I realized that, I decided "why take them anyways if I don't NEED them?" Actually, I did take a few (not all at once) but throughout the first two days i had them, and every time i took them, an hour or so later I puked. It made me feel like hell and not even WANT to take them. So hopefully when I wake up in the morning, I won't feel like I do. I decided that if I do feel like I am withdrawing, I will call my doctor who put me on suboxone and tell her I relapsed and have her help me again. At this point however, I do not feel like I am withdrawing from them.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:04 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I hate to tell you but i can guarantee you will be right back a square one