Notices

Day 4 Percocet 10/325 WD

Old 03-07-2013, 05:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4 Percocet 10/325 WD

hi,

im on day 4 of my WD cold turkey of taking percocet 10/325 for 3 years. Im wondering when this is going to get better and what to except next.

Thx
Old 03-07-2013, 05:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by caligirl77 View Post
Im wondering when this is going to get better

Not today..... and tomorrow isn't looking good either. If you spent the last few years trying to get messed up every day, you may be a bit messed up right now and your body/brain chemistry may take longer than a week or two to recover.

The good news is there's millions of others who stayed clean when they felt just the way you do now, and they don't feel like that anymore because they refused to use when they felt that way!

Individual results may vary, but sober-time heals all wounds IMO.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

In my experience, the PHYSICAL withdrawls should start to subside on or after day 5. But that is only the beginning of the journey, You're going to feel moody, depressed, lost, alone...etc...when taking opiates your brain stops producing so much dopamine, (the chemical that makes you feel good and happy) when you stop taking pills, you're probably going to feel depressed alot. Just hang in there, and do what you need to do to get through this. People say meetings meetings meetings....that didnt work for me. BUT it works for A LOT of people, so i would try that route first. Hang in there!!!
Old 03-08-2013, 07:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

the acute withdrawals should be over after 7-10 days...

but those 3 years of using has probably altered ur brain chemistry... meaning the cravings or thoughts of using will be there for a while.

that's because ur so used to it being a part of ur day as well. even if the toxins leave, the psychological aspect will remain.. thus u must train ur brain to not crave it.

i'm on day 20 of a 2000mg a day oxycontin binge for three months with a year of heroin use before that...

i'm still not 100% better, and the cravings are intense. filling my day with stuff even if i don't want to do it. i'm making myself do things to pass time telling myself, soon it will all be over.

i even quit cigarettes today!

u can DO IT! stay strong,

-sub0
Old 03-08-2013, 08:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

On day 5 now the days are better but the insomnia and Restless leg at night is pretty bad. Also dealing with my chronic back pain is no fun I had 3 herniated disks witch were repaired via surgery but left me with severe nerve damage and neuropathy. But I no longer wanted to live on pain meds they were slowly taking control of my life !!! Thx for the support I know I can do this