Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

Tapering off this demon called Stablon, Tianeptine

Notices

Tapering off this demon called Stablon, Tianeptine

Old 07-21-2015, 03:25 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by John3474 View Post
Tianeptine is evil. I too had a multi gram day habit. Whenever I try and taper, I always end up trading one addiction for the other, so it was cold turkey. It is not something I wish to repeat. The worse for me was the anxiety and wanting to jump out of my skin. It is doable.
Hi John - sorry to hear that you had to go through that but thanks for sharing that.

Would you mind sharing some timelines so I know what to expect?

- How long were you using it daily in the gram range
- How long until WDs peaked
- How many days until WDs begin to improve
- How many days until physical stuff was over?

Because this acts on the opiate receptors I'm assuming the mental stuff i.e. PAWS is going to take about a month, but I have a good support system in place for that. Its the physical stuff I'd just like a heads up for.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:33 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Actually I'm going to start my own thread, didn't mean to hijack. I need the support.
Old 08-12-2015, 01:44 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

hi bostonpilot, wanted to share some info with you. the WD's lasted a full two weeks, horrible stuff, anhedonia, dysphoria, crawling out of skin, couldnt do any work, function much at all, quick temper, social anxiety, the list went on. but, it did lift and go away. klonopin helped some days, actually oxy helpled a great deal but a week in, and only for a few days, but that has to be a very short term solution as you know or you are trading one addiction for another. but it helped get over the hump. kratom in this instance did not help, but l theanine did some, and a little xanax did some help for sleeping for the first week. all in all, only time helped lift the fog. exercise, as hard, almost impossible as it was, definitely helped, even just walking or light lifting if no jogging. other things that help are the sunny mood otc stuff from the health store. hope thats useful, just know that it will in fact lift, although the hell is getting through it. you can do it, the brain is truly remarkable in it's ability to heal itself and right the ship, it gets desperate enough and will eventually start squirting out these chemicals that it was getting from the tia and make them itself again. couldnt find your new thread, maybe you can send a link to that one. all the best to you
Old 08-12-2015, 09:24 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I can't believe how much this thread has taken off since the last time I looked it up.

I'm in the same boat as the rest of you. This stuff is no joke.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:45 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Uhtred View Post
Sorry for the repost.

I just want everyone to know who are facing this same situation that this drug can be beaten. I have went through my worse phrase and I want anyone out there who are in my same position to PM me and I will answer all your questions.
i can't pm you cause not enough posts yet. i am about to taper large dose tianeptine (1gram per day or more). Do you have any advice? How do you deal with the restless leg? thank you
Old 08-19-2015, 02:45 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome to SR CreepyJoe
Old 09-01-2015, 09:17 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

This must be one of the strangest drugs ever. I'm taking about 2.5 grams a day about 6 doses a day. It's helped me incredibly beat my depression. I also have schizophrenia and I'm on 4mg risperdal a day. But the stablon helps with my schizophrenia too majorly.

The reason I say it's strange is because I can't believe people are having such problems with it. I used to take about 8 grams a day of tianeptine (stablon) and about a year ago I was hospitalized for about 10 days due to an overdose of risperdal. Not stablon related.

Anyway, while I was in the mental hospital I couldn't take any stablon of course . Sure there was some discomfort and sleeplessness but nothing like some of these people are describing. I was able to sleep in the hospital after about 3 days of sleeplessness but that was it.

After I came home from the hospital I was feeling fine and completely clean off stablon. I felt fine tho. No withdrawls left. Hmm... Maybe a tiny bit.

I was able to taper off easily from 8 grams to 2.5 grams a day without too much discomfort. Stablon feels to me like a weak opiate. I wouldn't recommend cold turkey though but still.

Are you guys sure you're taking the same chemical?

And I don't take stablon pills. I order tianeptine powder from China which is about $1000 every 4 months or so.

Any ideas why people are getting such different results with this chem?

Last edited by Dee74; 09-01-2015 at 04:13 PM.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:50 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Oops.... I mean 2.5 grams a day total divided into 6 doses. I plan on cutting down even more but the benefits are kind of hard to argue with. I'm trying to get to 250mg a day total.

I just can't understand how you can take 1000 pills a day! It seems to me that maybe some of these users are fake and may be giving tianeptine a bad name. For me it has meant relief from my depression and schizophrenia.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:42 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

For whoever else comes along... The truth is...

That stablon is easier to get off of than a real opiate. Your body starts producing its own chemicals way faster than codeine or full operating opiate.

That said, the real reason we can't get off this drug is because it can be better feeling than an opiate. The drug grabs everyone a little bit different but a stablon holiday can be the work of angels.

So the good thing is if you really want to come down off this drug you're going to have an easier time than an opiate. It's still going to be a little hellish though but cutting down will be easier.

Good luck you guys!
Old 10-14-2015, 03:26 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Tianeptine help!

Originally Posted by Uhtred View Post
Sorry for the repost.

I just want everyone to know who are facing this same situation that this drug can be beaten. I have went through my worse phrase and I want anyone out there who are in my same position to PM me and I will answer all your questions.
I hope you are still on here. I have been going through terrible withdrawals trying to quit Tianeptine. I take 20-50gs a week and don't know what to do. I keep thinking my only option is suicide. Doctors can't help, suboxone cant help. I am at my wits end. Please help with ANY advice.
Thanks,
Dillan
Old 10-20-2015, 06:29 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dillanlightburn View Post
I hope you are still on here. I have been going through terrible withdrawals trying to quit Tianeptine. I take 20-50gs a week and don't know what to do. I keep thinking my only option is suicide. Doctors can't help, suboxone cant help. I am at my wits end. Please help with ANY advice.
Thanks,
Dillan
Dillan please don't talk like that. Start a tapering program and get rid of this drug slowly. If it attaches itself to the same receptors in the brain as opiates than maybe supplements that help opiate withdrawal will help beat Tianeptine too. It's worth a shot but suicide is not the answer.
Old 10-21-2015, 08:59 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Tianeptine, which started out as a wonder drug has completely messed up my life. If taken properly (12.5 mg x 3 day) it works great. However, vendors now sell it in power form so it it is easy to consume 250 mg at a time.

Does anyone have massive night sweats associated with taking Tianeptine???

Does anyone sleep and dream but still wake up tired then run to dose up on Tianeptine in the morning?

I thought I was one of the few but I see Tianeptine is a problem for a lot more people. Any thoughts/helps on quitting would be greatly appreicaited.
Old 10-21-2015, 02:11 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Administrator

No experience here, but welcome Pud

D
Old 10-23-2015, 01:36 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Same as Dee sadly no experience - but keep reaching out & finding support and work on an effective taper by sounds of it, must be pretty heavyweight if suboxone doesn't do anything. Keep us in the Lo
Old 12-26-2015, 08:48 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Bumping old thread...

I too am still caught in the grasp of this.
I do think it's best we taper.
One of the reasons we're addicted is because many of us are eyeballing our doses. And I don't know about you guys but my addict's eyeball likes generous portions!

What we need is an accurate MILLIGRAM scale. And we need to make many capsules of low-dose Tianeptine and attempt to only take one every six hours or so. Instead of cold turkey we can do something similar: go back to therapeutic doses.

We can add other supplements and exercises during the first few weeks of this new dose regimen:

I have had success with Magnesium (both Epsom salt baths and internal magnesium).

If you read about loperamide, you'll see how it helps us Tianeptine addicts more than harder opiates... You might want to consider it in addition to your new low dose regimen. I have had success in reducing my tolerance and my doses to more acceptable levels.... Jumping off is now possible.

Hope i haven't broken any rules. I'm interested in helping people addicted to Tianeptine in particular. We can do it!
Old 12-26-2015, 11:34 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hi Spark33,
I have no knowledge about tianeptine, but I just wanted to welcome you to Sober Recovery!
Old 12-28-2015, 07:23 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kzaug2014 View Post
Hi Spark33,
I have no knowledge about tianeptine, but I just wanted to welcome you to Sober Recovery!
Thanks!
Old 02-19-2016, 10:15 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Tianeptine is wonderful but please, for the love of God

Don't abuse it. You're going to ruin it for everyone else. I don't see how you could be taking 1000 pills a day. That sounds like a made up story unless you owned a pharmacy or something.

The only annoying symptom I get when I stop taking it, is my guts burn and gurgle. That's interesting because that's where Tianeptine also gives the most wonderful sensation when I take it, an almost orgasmic good feeling emanating from my guts. Basically, it seems like, whatever good feelings it gives you, it takes away from you double when you when you stop taking it.

From what I can tell by experimenting the minimal dose of 12.5 mg is enough to stave off withdrawal but not enough to give me that nice buzz.

So I've resolved to never go above 200mg per day and I only take it when I need a mood elevator for work and I don't take it at all over the weekend. I don't want to develop a tolerance because it's so useful when you really need it. To stave off the burning guts I tried Kratom which worked, sort of. Kratom is very different depending on the strain. One strain worked quite well but another made me feel like crap.

I seem to be reaching a mature realization that depending on a chemical for a cheap thrill has a limited lifetime. I can't see myself becoming dependent on it for the rest of my life so at some point, closely approaching, I'm just going to ditch it.
Old 02-19-2016, 11:16 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Hoser

Sounds like you're still a little conflicted about your use, but that's not uncommon.

if you want help quitting you've come to the right place. This is a great place for recovery

welcome

D
Old 02-20-2016, 12:25 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Hoser welcome