Notices

I am scared

Old 10-28-2012, 05:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am scared

I have been taking oxycodone 30 mg tabs for about 10 months. At the highest point of self abuse I was taking up to 15 pills a day. I am now down to 4-5 pills a day, but my doctor is getting frustrated with me and I am afraid she will cut me off before I can taper down any further. I would have quit a long time ago, but I am so scared of the w/d you go through. I just want free of them, but I have it stuck in my mind I will die fro the w/d's. Can anyone tell me about their experience, I just feel so darn alone.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Talk to your doctor. Tell her you want to properly taper down. I tried this with my doctor he wanted to at first then told me nah just keep taking them as I prescribe. I was in shock.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by justwantfree View Post
I have been taking oxycodone 30 mg tabs for about 10 months. At the highest point of self abuse I was taking up to 15 pills a day. I am now down to 4-5 pills a day, but my doctor is getting frustrated with me and I am afraid she will cut me off before I can taper down any further. I would have quit a long time ago, but I am so scared of the w/d you go through. I just want free of them, but I have it stuck in my mind I will die fro the w/d's. Can anyone tell me about their experience, I just feel so darn alone.
Hi,

We can be scared together. While not at your level. I was at 1.5 to 2 30mg roxycodone's a day. Right now I am at 36 hours without it. I am still taking norco's though. But have NOT increased the dose. I do feel the lack of Oxy, Not horrible, but not a bowl of cherries either.

Good luck to you and hang in there.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You have made a good first step. Coming here and posting you will soon realize you are not alone. We have all been where you are. Going through detox is uncomfortable, but you can do this. The alternative is to continue taking the pills and trying to justify to yourself that for whatever reason you have to take them. One of the things I was so good at was manipulation. Either to myself or everyone around me. The only thing I know is you have to stop. It doesn't get any easier to stop by thinking tomorrow it will be my last pill. Because you will have a whole lot of tomorrows. Read some of my previous posts and you will understand where I'm coming from. I just want you to know you can do this. Yes, it's difficult. My addiction was literally killing me, and it's been over three years now that I have control of my life. Not the pills. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. And keep posting. You will find a lot of support and encouragement here.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Justwantfree, you can be free, you justhavetobewillingtoputinthework! It is not easy, but I know you can do it! You have already reduced a ton, now it is time to fight the fight. Dump the rest, get yourself some support and move forward!
Old 10-29-2012, 05:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Here is what you need to keep in your mind: You are going to feel like HELL for about 7 days. Just seven days, then you are going to feel BLAH no energy crappy for about another 3 weeks and then? THEN you are FREEEEEEEEE!!! When you think of your entire life spread out ahead of you, isn't it worth a month of not feeling good for a lifetime of not being dependent on oxy? And here is the thing, you have become so accustom to the dullness of being opiate dependent you cannot even remember now how good it feels to be happy and full of ENERGY w/o it. You CAN do this, just keep telling yourself that this is a momentary phase that you WILL overcome.