Notices

New to all This

Old 09-03-2012, 06:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to all This

Originally Posted by Simmion View Post
Actually, last night was really, really bad. No sleep, super bad headache, vomiting, burning, etc. Today's been a little better so far. YesterDAY was ok, but once the weather turned, so did I. I didn't think I was going to make it. I was ready to tear out my veins at 6am. Went and sat in the bath for a while, puked some more, finally fell asleep around 8am, then a client called with a problem and woke me up at 10, couldn't get back to sleep after that.

Still clean. Welcom to day 9.
MAY BE DOING THIS WRONG. NEW TO ANY TYPE OF FORUMS. iF SOMEONE COULD TELL ME WHERE TO GO I WILL. I AM GOING THROUGH WIDTHDRAWL FROM OXY THAT IVE USED FOR 2 YEARS BOTH PRE AND POST HIP REPLACEMENT. I AM SUCH A NEWBEE AND TERRIFIED, FEEL AWFUL
Old 09-03-2012, 07:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome pooroldhippy
I've moved your post to its own thread - you'll get more response that way.

You'll find a lot of support here, and understanding...you're not alone

D
Old 09-03-2012, 07:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome...
Old 09-04-2012, 08:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The stomach issues, headache, and flu-like stuff will gradually get better over the next few weeks, sleeplessness and anxiety will hang around for a time. Immodium can help with early withdrawal...you may want to look into that.
I'm 4 months out and feeling pretty close to normal. Still have some depression, but I think that's one of the reasons I started using in the first place.

You can do this...their will never be a better time.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

From your name we may be in the same age range. Especially given the total hip. My DOC also is/was Oxy and I am 4 months out from going cold turkey. I had fallen in the rat hole for three years with that shiit. Four months ago I was a newbie to this type of forum and have found it to be extremely helpful in all ways. The withdrawals are temporary but the better life afterwards can last as long as you want to stay clean. There may be some withdrawal symptom that hangs around longer than the others and may be more difficult and frustrating but will eventually go away. Mine was insomnia that was very difficult and took 3 months to resolve. If you had convinced yourself that pain was your reason for using you may worry that pain will worsen/return. Many have found that the pain actually lessened or went away altogether once the dependence was gone.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

welcome