Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

Almost 5 Months off of opiates, and it's been....interesting.

Notices

Almost 5 Months off of opiates, and it's been....interesting.

Old 11-15-2013, 04:37 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TudyMagrudy View Post
Just want to commend you for staying clean. I'm 5 days clean off opiates and not sure I can do it. Sitting here staring at my bottle of hydros trying to just throwing em out but can't....
Throw that bottle put. I didn't throw my bottle out and relapsed 9/21. I have been in this relapse since. If you do relapse I can tell you that quitting again will be harder. At least it is for me. Don't take the change and go flush those evil pills.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:01 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

This thread is over a year old. I'm not a religious person but I always pray for those who just completely disappear from this forum after a while. One may assume that the absent ones have got their lives together and simply moved on. Or not. My imperfect experience has shown me that when people close the front door on active recovery efforts (like group or forum discussion) then the back door is left open for the potential reappearance of an unwanted guest to return. Those type of guest don't always leave again either.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:48 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Oops. I have a bad habit of not checking dates and just assume that threads near the top are active.
Old 01-31-2018, 05:14 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

10weeks and counting

Originally Posted by istherehope999 View Post
In a week, I will have 5 months of being clean off opiates, the longest I've ever had in 10+ years. I am also 3 months off of benzos. I've experienced everything from deep (scary deep, and dark) depression, to anxiety even when trying to fall asleep at night, to MAJOR irritability and agitation. There have been some moments of joy, but the negative emotions during this withdrawal period have, by far, dominated the positive ones. Find myself uncontrollably upset at things that never bothered me in the past, even at 5 months off. It has been. A. Ride. Would love to hear other people's experiences at 5 months out. Thanks in advance for whatever you're willing to share.
I am 10 weeks clean today. The journey has been identical to what people here describe. I was using for about 5 years. I was tired of the life I was living taking pills. I didn't do treatment I just made the decision to say no. Its hard because my spouse still uses. We started together and was suppose to end together. Other than the flood of emotions and reliving the traumatic things that happened over the 5 years, my spouse still using has been the hardest. Thanks for sharing everyone. This is my only support and I thank everyone in advance.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:00 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 10weeks View Post
I am 10 weeks clean today. The journey has been identical to what people here describe. I was using for about 5 years. I was tired of the life I was living taking pills. I didn't do treatment I just made the decision to say no. Its hard because my spouse still uses. We started together and was suppose to end together. Other than the flood of emotions and reliving the traumatic things that happened over the 5 years, my spouse still using has been the hardest. Thanks for sharing everyone. This is my only support and I thank everyone in advance.
CONGRATULATIONS,
i certainly know from my own experiences that's not easy especially in the shadow of a significant other's continued use.
=^,^=
Old 01-31-2018, 09:46 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I went from an everyday habit to now every few days. Small improvement, but only because money has become more tight as my habit grew. I have little motivation to actually quit all together unfortunately, and if I do, I worry I will likely relapse with alcohol to replace it. I just don't want to be sober I guess. :/