Notices

Percocet and Hydrocodone Addiction

Old 07-27-2012, 04:54 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Day 4

Seems like I am coming off as asking for medical advice. If so I apologize. I will do my best not to. I think you are right though that ive done too much research and it is freaking me out. I think I am passed the withdrawls, I sneeze, ache in the legs, and anxiety is bad but I am unsure if thats the aftermath. Like I said just dont have a doctor I could go to, well didnt at least. Finally got approved for a pshy. to look at my anxiety meds and he took me off the Zoloft and Put me on Paxil. Kept me on Xanax but is weening me down. My only side effects that are killing me is the anxiety and lack of motivation and enegery. How long does this last???????? I am supposed to be back at work Sunday, could get another day but would HAVE to be back by Monday but I cant even motivate myself to get ready. I dont know why or what to do but its starting to drive me crazy. On top of that my mom is pissed at me cause I am like this and is saying I am draining her out. She has MS, her moms in the hosptial, and her mother in law is dieing so I am breaking her down and it kills me. I just have no body that I can talk to and help me with motivation. My boyfriend works 3 jobs, has no time other then over the phone and occasional stop by's. Friends that do kno just do not understand so Im lost, scared, and afraid I am going to be a zombie for life. I try to just walk up the stairs and by the time I make it my legs are done. How am I supposed to work out to get my strength back if I cant even walk up the stairs. 4
Old 07-27-2012, 06:31 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Jessica - congrats on day 4, and it is good to hear that you were able to consult with a doctor on the meds.

The lack of energy was one of the last things to clear up for me. Exercise helped with the fatigue tremendously, but I had to start out very slow. If you can only make it up the flight of stairs then start with that. If you can walk around the block that is even better. Once you actually get moving it is much easier than it seems like it would be.

As far as feeling like you are going to be a zombie for life, that just isn't going to be the case. Every time I went through a withdrawal I had the exact same feeling of despair that I was permanently impaired, etc. You need to recognize that the feeling that it isn't ever going to end is just a part of the withdrawal, and rest assured that it will get better with time.

I lived with someone that totally didn't understand what withdrawal was about during my last kick, and I have to say that it was incredibly annoying at the time. My mistake was that I tried to explain to her how bad it was, and I should have just accepted the fact that she wasn't ever going to totally understand. Furthermore, it wasn't fair for me to expect her to understand (someone who hasn't gone through it can only comprehend withdrawal to a degree) and the resentment just made things harder on myself. My point of bring that up is that you may be better off just telling people that you have the stomach flu. Even though withdrawal is way worse than any flu, someone without experience of withdrawal will probably empathize with you more (e.g. cut you some slack on your day-to-day obligations) if they think you have a stomach flu.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:26 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Question Day 5 Much Rougher

Thanks Opio for the helpful tips with motivation and lack of energy. I can push myself to do what I need to its just the anxiety thats killing me. Not going to lie its making me think of popping a pill a lot. Really need this under control before I go insane. Went to the doctor and he took me off the Zoloft and is weening me off the xanax next week but I am unsure if the Paxil he put me on is helping. Or if I would need to continue use for a little bit for it to take effect. I woke up yesterday with no anxiety and today I did after taking it. But the Zoloft gives me so many side effects since I tried to get back on it. I was on it for years and was perfectly fine. I stopped taking it for like 9 months, tried to start again and all these side effects kicked in. I am unsure if that could be because it needs to get back into my system or just doesnt work for me anymore. Any Similiar expeirences? I am also worried if I go on walks, etc. It will just make me even sore..would it? Day 5 is a bit harder then day 4 but trying my best to stay strong. Any advice with coping and gaining your motivation back. Last, my legs just ache and advil is just not doing it...does anyone else have or had that effect? If so, how long does this achy legs last and lack of energy last?5
Old 07-28-2012, 07:53 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Jessica: You need to talk to your doctor about all these meds and your anxiety problems. Most ppl that come off their DOC are going to have anxiety problems in the beginning. I mean think about when you are getting ready to take a big test or you are getting ready to compete in some sports event. I got it all the time before my Army (PT) physical test. But in your case! You've been taking anxiety meds for a very long time. It might be something you didn't need to get off of right away. At least until you had several months off the other crap. Just my opinion. I'm no doctor though. I've never been on anti-d's so I'm not sure how you should proceed with you getting a different one. Your doctor seems to be willing to work with you on these meds. So I'd stick with H/H on the decision making.

As for your energy level. Your body has been put thru the wringer with all the drugs you've been on. Eat good healthy food to rejuvenate your system back into a healthier you. Try to get on a regular sleep routine as well. This will do wonders for you. Take a vitamin in the morning time so it wears off by the time you go to bed.

The leg aches are probably from having the RLS and not being exercised also. One or the other. If you are having RLS then you are moving your legs so much they are worn out. There is at wal-mart an OTC medicine for RLS if your doctor doesn't perscribe something for you.

I've read your posts and I see you are expecting miracles - a quick recovery so you can go back to work. It's just not possible. Look at how many years you've been feeding your body these drugs! Your body is probably in shock from what you are doing right now. You have to give it time to heal. That's all there is to it. A lot of us on your thread have tried telling you it wasn't going to be a quick recovery. If you have to go to work then tell your boss you picked up some sort of bug and have been trying to shake it. They may take pity on you and send you home.

TOD
Old 07-28-2012, 10:18 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

For the achy legs a hot bath might help. I think I was taking 4/5 baths a night at one point because it was the only thing that would provide temporary relief. Advil and / or tylenol provided some relief, but the baths were much more effective. Also, the baths helped with RLS / sleep, especially after the very worst part (i.e. after the first 5 days).

It seems counterintuitive, but exercise helps with the aches and pains so long as you don't go overboard. Obviously, you don't want to try to run a marathon or do something else too strenuous.

Also, exercise may help with anxiety.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:49 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Day 6

Doing better today. Went out last night with a friend got dinner and hung out. It was a change. Nice one though. TiredofDrugs Ment in my last post if anyone had similar side effects while on the medication and if it just takes time for my body to adjust. Am consulting with my doctor though he can be paged at anytime and follow up with him tomorrow. I also have not been on my DOC for years, maybe 1 year almost. I was addicted prior when I was 19 but from taking them for maybe 6 months. Was clean for 3 years and then the car accident happened. Did not ask for it this time. Woke up in a hosp drugged up on everything possible and was kept on them too long. Was not so much getting a HIGH HIGH off of them it just helped with the pain. Like I said prior I asked my doctor to ween me off many times but he kept having me do tests and stuff first. Finally just demanded it. Been clean from the Roxys and Fetanyl for 36 days now and off the Hydrocodone for 7 and the Percs 6. Making it day 6 of being completley off opiates. He did not take me off the xanax either he is tappering me down. When I follow up with him I am gonna see if I can hold off it for a few weeks first until I adjust to the paxil and he starts to be not so bad. Going to Walgreens today to see if they have Emergen C I was told helps great with energy. Any other ideas or vitamins? I started to take a multivitamin in the AM yesterday but I dont think it has enough of what I need in it. As far as work goes I already took 10 days off so I cant take more off. Like I said before also my mom has MS and has to get surgery next week and I am her caregiver so I need to be able to have some strength to lift her move her about and take care of her. Opio, dont have restless legs so much maybe a little at night that I am unsure of because ive been told I toss them around but have been like that since I was a little girl but guess it makes sense that it could be that cause why else would JUST my legs ache??? If I can get that pain to go away everything else would be a cake walk. The baths help yeah a lot but dont want to sit at home all day in the bath. The more im home the more I think about it and anxiety gets worse n worse.. Heard Tylenol is bad for RLS so Ill stick to the advil and try to work my legs out more. Walked up 3 flights of stairs 6x last night. Killed me but pulled through. Had a glass of wine n didnt feal a thing. (do not have a problem with drinking what so ever. Actually dont like it, gives me headaches, hate hangovers, makes me sick, just not a drinker. Didnt even have a drink when turned 21) I just have to keep pushing myself and try to stay busy.. My mom has been helping a lot with that but she is leaving for the week so little nervous especially with this anxiety cause she always is there to help distract me. Brought this addiction on myself so guess I gotta deal with it myself. Just nervous. When she told me she was leaving n id be alone my heart just started racing. Being that I cant go to work, do hair cant stand all day long, all my friends are at work during the day and boyfriend so it gets lonely and I tend to go a bit stir crazy. almost 1pm here so far okay just a lil sore, about to eat some toast and take my xanax so lets hope this anxiety goes away. The thing I hate about xanax and that I cant just stop to be on Klonopin which is more long lasting, is that the xanax lasts for like an hour n it kicks right back in. Hate that I have to taper off it. Going to talk to my doctor about that too. Hope you all are doing well and ill be back in chat room later on. Keep your heads up! 6
Old 07-30-2012, 03:44 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Day 7 Pain that just wont go away

Doing better as far as the anxiety goes some what. In kicks in every hr or two goes away after a few n comes back but didnt wake up with it so bad this morning as I did yesterday. My only major problem is the aches in my legs and I have no idea why. I dont think I have RLS because I dont keep myself up all night kicking my legs tossing n turning unable to sit still. Ive been told I toss around but kick my legs while I sleep but with RLS based on what I read, it keeps you awake. Maybe if I did not have the sleeping aide though that I have it would. But its not so much restless, it is just aches. it makes me ancy cause I want to be able to go do things, walk around with out pain. I am told by some people to excersice but some people say dont just go on walks dont push yourself. But then how do I get my strength back if I dont push myself but how do I handle the aches being even worse from doing 70 leg lifts, 50 squats, and 30 jumping jacks my legs are already dieing. Not so sore its like a work out pain with a little soreness now though. Any one experience the achy legs? If so, what helped and how long did it last for you? Second thing is the anxiety, the paxil seems to be helping but the xanax is just not long lasting. Maybe an hour and it kicks right back in. I am unsure if that is just cause I am off opiates now or what but thats what id think. Any thoughts? :day7
Old 07-30-2012, 04:10 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Jessica: Your legs are probably aching because you've been told you move them at night. They aren't getting the required rest they need to recouperate. If your legs are constantly moving when you are awake AND asleep. Then when do you think they are resting? THEY AREN'T! Stop reading so much WORRY into your recovery. Everyone is different. I would suggest taking a walk every evening before you get ready for bed. This will circulate the blood in your legs and should help them to calm down. You shouldn't be doing strenuous workouts in the first week of recovery. You are going to send yourself back to the opiates for relief. Take it slow and the healthy way. While laying in bed. Turn your legs towards a wall and place your butt up against the wall. Stretch your legs straight up the wall to put them in a different direction for awhile. This should help them feel better too.

I'm on day 27 off the opiates. I don't try to run circles around myself getting things done. If I'm working around here and I get tired. I take a break. Be sure to eat healthy food. This will improve your stength quicker than anything. Be sure to get protein in that healthy food too. A good ole steak will provide a good source of it. You have depleted your body of the healthy stuff for far too long. So start giving your body what it needs to improve. Over doing the exercising is just going to keep you worn out. You are only 7 days off all those meds. Miracles aren't going to happen this quickly with your recovery. Try to stay calm and RELAX. With more time you'll start to feel better.

You already have a lot on your plate with your mom's care and your job. Getting all stressed out over those and then throwing into the mix the WHY's of why you aren't cured already is sending you into these anxiety attacks. RELAX! Read a book. Sit outside and enjoy the scenery. Go sit in a pool somewhere. What did you use to do for relaxation? Do it NOW!!!

TOD
Old 07-30-2012, 04:21 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tiredofdrugs View Post
Jessica: Your legs are probably aching because you've been told you move them at night. They aren't getting the required rest they need to recouperate. If your legs are constantly moving when you are awake AND asleep. Then when do you think they are resting? THEY AREN'T! Stop reading so much WORRY into your recovery. Everyone is different. I would suggest taking a walk every evening before you get ready for bed. This will circulate the blood in your legs and should help them to calm down. You shouldn't be doing strenuous workouts in the first week of recovery. You are going to send yourself back to the opiates for relief. Take it slow and the healthy way. While laying in bed. Turn your legs towards a wall and place your butt up against the wall. Stretch your legs straight up the wall to put them in a different direction for awhile. This should help them feel better too.

I'm on day 27 off the opiates. I don't try to run circles around myself getting things done. If I'm working around here and I get tired. I take a break. Be sure to eat healthy food. This will improve your stength quicker than anything. Be sure to get protein in that healthy food too. A good ole steak will provide a good source of it. You have depleted your body of the healthy stuff for far too long. So start giving your body what it needs to improve. Over doing the exercising is just going to keep you worn out. You are only 7 days off all those meds. Miracles aren't going to happen this quickly with your recovery. Try to stay calm and RELAX. With more time you'll start to feel better.

You already have a lot on your plate with your mom's care and your job. Getting all stressed out over those and then throwing into the mix the WHY's of why you aren't cured already is sending you into these anxiety attacks. RELAX! Read a book. Sit outside and enjoy the scenery. Go sit in a pool somewhere. What did you use to do for relaxation? Do it NOW!!!

TOD
Yeah its just confusing when my doctor tells me to work out and excersice but it makes me more sore but told its a good sore but the soreness I already have sucks so how is that gonna be a good sore. To me I just dont feel like ill get my strength back unless I push myself. Then I have people like you to just walk and take it easy but how does my body repair itself then? Do you understand why I am trying to say? I know it wont happen over night but hoping after 4 weeks ill have my strength and energy back. Or is that unrealistic? I am also the worse eater in the world, the pickiest person you would ever meet. Hate veggies, chicken, fish, seafood, pretty much everything. When I go to Subway alone its wheat bread, turkey, american cheese and lettuce thats it lol DRY. So I am hoping the Ester C I started yesterday will help. I want to try and take a multi vitamin as well but my stomach is so weak. Id cook up a steak if I had the motivation to. Thats what I lack as well. You are right, I think too much and do research too much but nearly as bad as I was a week ago. Before for relaxation would go out with friends, do things, usually involved drinking which is not a problem for me I hate it if anything have like half a glass of red wine then sick. But when so sore its hard to go out, walk around, and do things. So I just get extremely frustrated and depressed.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:53 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Jessica: Some doctors are recovering A/A and some aren't. So I don't know if your doc is one of them. And even if they are! It's probably been a long time since they went thru what you are. So I'm only giving you my side of the story as to what I just went thru 27 days ago. By walking! You are exercising your entire body. And you are keeping your circulation moving.

Those drugs you and I were on, you more so than myself, takes one hell of a toll on our body, muscles, minds and strength. Just look at your mother with MS. I'm sure she doesn't have any strength because her muscles are so weak. If a person has been on drugs, laid up with an illness, surgery, or depleted their bodies of a source of feel good substances. It's going to take a toll on us.

You are a young woman and will start bouncing back with that energy. I bet in 14 days off the drugs your posts will be totally different than what they are now. Even more so in the amount of time I have clean. You sound like a sweet person and you are just in a hurry to get back to living now that your mind is clear. Just PLEASE stay away from the alcohol right now. I too don't have a problem with alcohol, but that doesn't make it safe for us to drink in early recovery. I might have an alcoholic drink once a month if not longer out. Focus on healing your mind and body, not running around with friends to have a good time. Go with your BF to watch a movie or out to eat. Turkey is protein and subway also has steak sandwiches. You will find your appetite is going to broaden now that you are off the drugs. I didn't eat a whole lot while on the drugs either. But I'm sure making up for it now.

Just be concerned with the way your own recovery is going. And remember these days somewhere down the road when you think you need a pain pill. Because one is too many and a thousand is never enough. You'll find yourself right back here on SR doing this all over again. Drinking that little bit of alcohol I'm sure makes you feel good. Even though you say it makes you sick. If that were case, then why drink it in the first place? Doesn't make much since to me.

Just take it from an old gal like myself. How many detoxes / withdrawals do you want to go thru? How many do you have left in you? I pray this is my LAST ONE EVER!!!! It just gets harder and harder with each one.

TOD
Old 07-30-2012, 06:54 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Jessica - as far as the RLS goes it came in a few phases for me. The first phase really kicked in on the night of Day 3 and persisted for some time. For a while I wasn't able to sleep because of it - i.e. tossing and turning every moment and never able to get comfortable. Eventually I was able to sleep through the first part of the night, but the RLS would wake me up at 4/5AM and I wouldn't be able to sleep once they kicked in. After that I was able to sleep throughout the night despite the fact that my legs were kicking in the night. I only knew that I was still kicking my legs in the night because my wife told me. Each night they would get better to the point where it just looked like a slight twitch. Eventually it completely went away.

As far as the achy legs go, I think RLS made mine worse but I also had the aches almost immediately during the withdrawal. One the first day the aching in the bones would come on strong (especially in the calf/shin), but they slowly improved after the first 3/4 days. My point is that you are going to have achy legs even if you are resting on the couch 24/7. Sensitivity to pain is part of withdrawal and there doesn't need to be an underlying reason for the aches. Think about when you have the flu and have body aches. Those aren't being caused because you went out doing squats, but because you are sick. Of course, over doing it on the exercise is just going to make it worse.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:49 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Day 8 Bad idea to work my legs out

So yesterday went on a 10 min walk around the block, did some lunges and leg lifts and now it went from my calfs hurting to my theighs too now. I just do not know what to do about the pain and stiffness. More I push myself the more sore I get. Just feels like its never going to go away but on the postive side my anxiety seems to be subsidding. Talking to my doctor Friday about getting off xanax and transferred to Klonopin cause xanax doesnt last more then an hr and is the most addicting. Klonopin is addicting as well but not nearly as much and is long lasting compared to xanax. Plus xanax just makes me so tired to were I dont want to do anything. I havent been able to even go back to work so its just laying around now cause feels like excersice makes it worse. Maybe its just temporarily. I dont know. I am sorry my posts have not been so uplifting but its getting hard to were I am going stir crazy laying in bed. Really hoping by this weekend the aches will not be nearly as bad but unsure how to get there. Get so much different advice to were I just dont know what to do. My doctor said excersice but am I pushing myself too much after the first week? Please keep in mind been of the roxys and fetanyl for 38 days now and Hydro'ss lowest dose, for 8 now. Thought that because I tapperd so low and for over a month my brain would already be adjusting but thinking I was wrong. Glad the anxiety is not so bad but these aches need to just go away!!! Thanks for all the posts and responses. I dont think its RLS because I sleep through the night, dont wake up, but then again nobody awake sleeping next to me to see if I am kickin or actually resting them. I dont want to have to be on another medication for that either..Frustration. But thank you for the support and sure my posts will start to get better n better each day..or so thats what I am hoping for. :day8
Old 08-01-2012, 05:59 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Day 9

Just going to give a quick update. Super tired today..but anxety medication was taken care of..PHEW. Was able to get a insurance override. Soaked in the tub for like 10 min cause the achy legs are still there. Curious, how long did this last for others? Hoping by this weekend (day 12) they will feel better. I just am trying to many different things to get it to go away and I dont think leg lifts, lunges, squats, jumping jacks, and 10 ming run helped yesterday. After soaking took my dog, Jay, on a walk for about 10 min and a little sore but not as bad compared to the work out yesterday. Unsure if I am better off taking it easy until the 12th hoping they will go away or at least not be nearly as bad. Bad news is I couldnt get more time off from my job, so I lost it. Still doing hair on the side which is helping a lot financially and keeping busy. Say day 12 because I have a wedding to go to and do the bridal parties extensions. I will be on my feet at least 9 hours for 2 days. If I cant make it loose out on a 2,000 dollar job. EEEKKK. Any opionions? Or Suggestions? I have also been trying Emergen C the last 4 days to help with enegry but still groggy and getting such bad headaches. Could this because of the vitamins? I also take a b12 but anyone have better options or other things to try for enegery?? 9
Old 08-01-2012, 08:31 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Jessica: I have to laugh right now. I read your post yesterday about all the exercising you had done and I just sat here shaking my head from side to side. Jessica just didn't listen to me regarding, just walk! So now here you are posting - maybe "I" shouldn't have done all that extra exercising. LOL You should have listened to me young lady. LOL

My legs are hurting from working outside yesterday for too long of a time. I got a lot done, that needed to be done, but I'm paying for it today. So don't beat yourself up over it.

Suggestion on help for having to stand all day. Go to wal-mart and buy you (2) pairs of Dr Scholls shoe inserts for back support. Cut them down to your shoe size. Take the insert out of your shoes that came with them when you bought them and replace them with the double pair you just bought. See if this doesn't help you. I'd be lost w/o mine. For energy! Buy you a bottle of DHEA tablets at wal-mart of course. Just look for the blue cap on the bottle. This will help you with some energy.

Well I better get busy. It's 10:30 pm and I have four silkie hens in the room here screaming to go out. Can't put them out during the day due to the 111.4 degree temperatures. So they go out at night when it's a little more standable. Plus Little Maria gets to chase crickets under the lights. LOL

BTW: I'm celebrating 30 days clean today. Keep reaching for the better life young one.

TOD
Old 08-04-2012, 04:43 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Unhappy Did Methadone increase anxiety for anyone else?

Hi everyone,

Im new to this forum, been sober for over a year & I am hoping someone can help me with some information.
I suffer from anxiety normally, panic attacks & generalized anxiety. I started methadone over a year ago, maybe a year & a half. Within the first 6 months my anxiety was terrible.... about a month or two in. Since then the dr has put me on Paxil 40 mg (which worked previously) after unsuccessful attempts with other SSRI's... however my anxiety has only diminished slightly. I am wondering if the methadone is to blame for this? Nothing major is going on to cause the anxiety, in fact, things are better then ever. The dr has told me that anxiety due to methadone is very rare, & that most often methadone helps anxiety. I can't help but feel like thats NOT the cause for me, & in typical anxiety fashion I am worried about it. I am taking 68 mg of Methadone (not a high dose) & I have zoplicone to take if I have a panic attack (which is all but useless). Being on Methadone I can't take any benzo's, so my normal ativan/lorazapam is out of the question (this really helped with panic attacks on a "as needed" basis. My question is, has anyone else experienced an increase in anxiety since starting or taking methadone? If so, what, if anything, has helped? The dr is now suggesting that I start Seroquel ON TOP of the 40mg of daily paxil. I don't really like teh idea of being on a fist full of pills (that's why I went into recovery, lol) being on 28, I feel there has to be a better way. I also did some research on Seroquel & 90% of everything I have read is terrifying. Users say that it turns them into zombies, they are unable to function & there are some serious side effects (I understand that side effects come with everything, I just don't want to increase my risk with more pills). I don't suffer from bi-polar or any other mental disorder, aside from anxiety & I don't have trouble sleeping.... which is apparently what seroquel is prescribed for (anti-psych & sleeping).
Im pretty nervous about it all, & extremely worried that if it's not the methadone that has made my anxiety worse, maybe there is something else wrong. (Part of my anxiety constantly has me worrying about my health). The anxiety is unbearable & IF it is the methadone that is causing the worsened anxiety, then I will work on getting off the program, as my anxiety is a bigger problem right now... sobriety has been successful
Anyway, sorry for going on & on... I just wanted to make sure I gave as much info as I could...
Thanks so much for listening.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:02 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

MMR2001: Welcome to SR.

I was put on Methadone in replacement of Hydro's 10 mg years back. After a very short time on them - two weeks - I had a very bad freak out experience on them. I immediately flushed them and went CT off of them. I couldn't get my hydro's back so I just stayed clean until I had surgery months later.

That's my experience on it.

TOD
Old 08-04-2012, 11:18 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Jessica, good job on 12 days!!!!! Your body is still healing, and will be for quite some time. Just relax a bit, a lot of it is mental as well. I know everyone hates feeling like crap after getting off the pills, and just want it to be better. however, thinking about all that damage you did to your body, and it is trying its very best to recover. Great job on getting that side job with the hair, yes your days will be long, but that is amazing money. Take some ibuprofen, listen to what TOD said as well. Maybe get yourself a 5 hour energy or lots of coffee.

MMR: What is bothering you so much that you have that much anxiety? Can you take some time when you are feeling that way and write down your thoughts? If everything in your life is going good, then take a deep breath. You are in control of your self, you can help yourself the best. Stay away from all the pills if you can, methadone is bad stuff too, but if you have to have it then so be it. I went cold turkey from all pills, had about 30 days of hell but at 6 months now I am doing wonderful. Remember, you are in control of your self. Do some deep breathing, take a long walk, exercise, drink some hot tea, do things to relax yourself.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:01 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Day 15 Sorry for the lack of updates

Just want to give a quick update. Anxiety is subsidding, headaches are as well, eating better, and sleeping regularly somewhat. Have gone out a few nights with some friends but these aches are really startin to get to me. If I excersise (that one time TOD lol) then it makes it worse for at least 3-5 days. So going on walks almost daily, some days the aches are so bad I dont want to get up. But walking around the block etc and least 3-4 times a week. Did anyone else have these aches for 15 days? If so, when did they go away for you? Taking B Complex that helps with the energy though not as tired. The medication makes me a little groggy but thats about it. Hope all of your are doing well! Sorry again for the lack of updates.

MMR: I took Methadone for a week to get off the Roxy 30mg and Fetanyl. Planned to take it for 2 weeks tops and be done go CT but the anxiety got sooooo bad to where I couldnt breath so I went back to the doctor got Hydrocodone the lowest dose and tappered myself off then. 45 days of the Roxys, etc. Now 15 days off the Hydro. I still get anxiety but not nearly as bad as I did when on Methadone. What I currently take is 1mg of Xanax two times a day and that is more for panic attacks but can be very addicting like methadone. I plan to transfer over to Klonopin cause it is long lasting and is not AS addicting. I was on it for 4 years until I started taking pills after a bad accident. I have a severe anxiety disorder though but once my medications are straight I am fine. I am on 20mg of Paxil seems to be helping but wish it would a little more. I previously was on Zoloft 100mg but I was on it 6 years and it started to not work anymore. I go to my doctor tomorrow though and I am gonna ask him if I should increse the dose cause I dont want to increase the dose of xanax thats for sure. Keep us updated. Stay strong!

Old 08-05-2012, 06:59 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Jessica: I've been doing a LOT of physical work around the house and outside in the yard for the past week. My legs have been aching too. As well as my arms and my right hip has been giving me fits. I wear a lidocain patch on my lower back to help with the pain there. But! I can take 800mg of Advil and it helps with all the painful areas. That's the amount I have to take for it to work for myself. You might be able to get by with less. I also have less pain by using the double Dr Scholls inserts in my shoes.

Why don't you ask your doc tomorrow about an inflamatory tablet. I take Meloxicam. It also helps with lowering the pain in areas.

I had to laugh at the TOD reference! At least you are paying attention to what we are saying on here. The physical part of being active w/o the drugs in your system to override the pain is going to be felt. It's a part of life. You should have seen me my first two weeks in Army Basic Training. LOL I didn't think I'd make it the full 9 weeks, but I did. And then I immediately went into 12 weeks of schooling three days later. Our body has to readjust to what new things we are putting it thru. Just endure the pain and be grateful you are feeling it. Your body is coming back to life w/o the numbness you've put it thru for so long.

Congrat's on the 15 days staying clean.

TOD
Old 08-05-2012, 08:25 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Guestion about a therapy methode

okay so trying this tens unit thing on my legs which is like electrical nerve therapy for pain as if I am excersing but not and the shock I guess send endorphines to the brain. Feels weird my muscle is like contracting. Anyone try this before? Just curious if it felt like this or helped at all. You_Rock_