SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Substance Abuse (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/)
-   -   Pain? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/256848-pain.html)

cmfjhelp 06-02-2012 08:02 AM

oxyfriend

thx for checking-up on me,means alot! still going to try and taper down that seems to be the answer.ive read on this page someone took requip for the restless leg symptoms i wounder if that might also work to help my (fish out of water jumping around in bed prob.)my legs hurt so bad along with my hole body,even my eyelashes hurt,the pounding in my head i can go on and on but it seems everyone has been through this they no how bad it is.i dont mind the subutex even if i have to take it the rest of my life at a lower dose as long as i can afford it. ive heard it gets alot cheeper as you taper down the dose i just dont like the idea that i have to take a pill to get out of bed and this is one pill you need till your off. its differant with the thyroid pill if you miss it oh well,as i read what ppl write it scares me to death of what im facing.i also think about what ive read of that rapid withdraw were you go into a detox hosp. and clean your system that way,as you have read im a big baby with pain some can take it i just cant.i no i seem to jump around when i write but its even hard to think i dont no how anyone of you can work and do this guess im lucky im on disability for deppresion and my spelling stinks at this time.i just wanted to thank-you for your help,im not really saying anything but junk but as i have ? i will keep looking on this page for the help i need.i feel sorry for all of us going through the same thing.i just wish i would have found out how bad this pill really is,even tho it was a helpfull pill at the time i remember crawling into the dr. office that 1st.visit got my script filled and felt sooo much better within 15 min.that was great till now,thx talk soon and i hope your feeling alot better than me,i can tell your doing better that gives me some hope! your friend cmfjhelp.dont no maybe sometime we can talk your way younger than me im 52 maybe thats why its harder for me the age im at,younger ones seem to handle the pain better,who knows?

freeme2 06-03-2012 01:35 PM

Oh the "rotten pain"

I am 30 days free of painkillers after numerous years of abuse. I denied having any problem at all, until it was time to STOP. Boy, was I in for a treat. I tapered down, but doesn't free you from being symptom-free. I have been trying to find out how long does withdrawl exist. I found up to a year. I thought by now I would feel better after 30 days. I definitely got the flu symptoms, no sleep at night, pain in my leg, depression, malaise, mood swings, and so on.
Pain while walking, I would try to go to an orthopedic first. Sometimes having great tennis shoes and orthoditics help so much.
The pain in my legs are so intense I get in the middle of the night and have a hot bath with 1 cup of epson salts. It does take some of pain away.
My mind is so adrift. I feel like I am in this new world but I don't belong. I have a hard time connecting to anything. I can't believe I did this to myself to numb my child hood pain.
To look at the bright side, I plan on staying clean. It is too hard to go through withdrawls again. Right now, I have a hard time doing anything. I have no pleasure in doing anything except staying in my room away from my family. I know all of this is the affects from the lack of drugs. It is sooo hard to deal with but I guess it is time to try to deal with it slowly.
All I can say, is that we hang in this together. We are making a better us and a future.

Aarontg88 06-03-2012 03:32 PM

If ur a older women in ur 50s+ and you can't stand the pain you should give the pills too someone that will give you one when you need it, you gotta make sure you give them to someone who knows ur a addict so they don't let u abuse them and hide um from you. But personally I would try icey hott patches they work good for muscle sores

Aarontg88 06-03-2012 03:40 PM

And oxyfiend suboxone is a different type of op. which has different wd so it allows you to feel normal while the oxycodone withdrawal happens. You must not use subs long period of type tho trust me it doesn't delay it I just did it 4 days ago and it worked for me barely no pain but ofcouse still sum but deff not that bad mostly just restless legs and tossing but no sweats no hotness no stomach pain but idk I'm not a doc so this is just my personal exp.. I'm 6 days clean today and every day a lil more stronger

cmfjhelp 06-16-2012 07:30 PM

to freeme2 from cmfjhelpme

if i were in your shoes and had company coming down,i would for sure find some pills to get me through the visit. im sure alot will not agree with me but thats my answer. if you only take them when they are here to visit it should make a comfortable visit. or you could tell them the truth if you wish but its your situation not theres so i say get compfortable while they are visititing you that way you can entertain and enjoy there visit thats what i would do if it was me. but you do whats best for you. have you tried the subutex/suboxone treatment yet? its alot of money and harder to get off. the street drugs or drm rx. are ALOT CHEEPER. LET ME NO HOW IT GOES best of luck to you your friend i hope cmfjhelp. help stands for cant get off the subutex way more harder the the dr, rx for pain pills and alot cheeper thx goog luck