Notices

what you won't do for love...

Old 05-17-2012, 01:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy what you won't do for love...

i am a recovering addict i have been clean for 10 yrs last february, however unfortunately the majority of my family and friends still use, usually you lose the ones you love because you wont stop using not because youre the only one who got sober, anyways i fell in love with a man whom i thought was in my same sittuation recovering and over it, we would start our new clean life together, however recently he told me that he had been abusing oxycodone and oxycontin and needed my help to quit. i am so sad, i wanted to leave but i cannot handle the idea of me abandoning him, so i stayed. but he wont talk to me about it , like AT ALL and he refuses to get another job, even though his job is where all the trouble is. i dont know what to do or how to help him. in the meantime i am just marinating in my suspicions, asking myself if he used today, since he wont talk to me im left to wonder and i am going insane! i helped myself ...i know he is so wonderful when he is sober and i want to help him i just have no idea how...
Old 05-17-2012, 01:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Run!!!!!!!!
Old 05-17-2012, 01:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Red face

thanks i know you are right...
Old 05-17-2012, 02:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just remember, no matter what you think. You can't save an addict. An addict has to save himself.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thetgra,
All I have to offer is the fact that you can extend the hand of help to an addict. If the person does not reach for it, you have to walk away. You cannot show that person the bottom. The bottom can only be reached by the person digging the hole.