Notices

relapse_could use some chat time

Old 02-01-2012, 02:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy relapse_could use some chat time

I have been clean from crystal meth since late 2004 but this last year I've lightly using. Not anything like before. I keep it to myself. Dont party. Too busy. School and work and single mommyhood is hard. I thought I had a handle on this. But I'm starting too feel like crap. I also don't have much money saved. I have to stop! I love my child and I don't ever want her to see what I've seen! But I can't stop. I'm completely dependent on it now... Advice? I'm trying homeopathic therapies.. I know I can stop. But I'm on my own here and a lil worried
Old 02-01-2012, 09:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It sounds to me like you have an amazing little reason to quit! You quit for what 7-8 years? I do believe you can do this. I've never done meth - but I do understand that if you keep going - you may be seeing your child from behind bars when you spiral out of control like it usually does.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Perpetual, Welcome to SR!! I have never done meth -- but can imagine what you are going through as I had friends that were addicted and I sat and watched while it took over their life and everything that they lost because of it. But you already know this, because you have been there. You have your little girl to stay strong for. Do not let her be taken away from you for your addiction.

My suggestion... be honest with someone about what is going on and get help now!! You have so much going for you. Please post here as often as you need to. This place has helped so much in my recovery!

Wishing you all the best!!
Old 02-01-2012, 01:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was a crystal meth addict, and rehab started me on the road to recovery. When I got out, I attended every NA meeting I could find and got a sponsor.

It's a really tough addiction to beat, but it is do-able. I'm living proof.

Sending you hugs of support.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

PF,

I too was a Meth addict. I used almost every day for 5 yrs. 1985-1991 I remember when I did get clean from it, it only took 2 weeks to get out of my system and I started to feel really good again.

One question I have for you, are an overeater when not on meth? I was, and what helped me was going to OA meetings, and when I kicked the junk food, i had way more energy and didn't have the need to pick up anymore.

Today I eat fruit and veggies with every meal and also 4 oz of carb 4 oz of protein. If I overeat sugar or carbs it makes me super duper tired and want to use. (well i don't want to speed anymore, but that was my MO from the past.)

We are here and pulling for you, you can do this!

sounds like you want change, or you would not be posting.

Have you ever tried NA?

Blessings, Lily