Notices

uncontrollable irritability

Old 11-11-2011, 02:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

uncontrollable irritability

I'm 5 months 2 weeks into sobriety if I glanced at the calendar correctly. Did anybody seem to get a spike of post acute withdrawal symptoms around this time? My irritability is imeasureable, unreal, and completely out of control. I'm in the process of getting into the doctor because I want more blood sugar tests done (besides the simple finger stick) but until then I wanted to talk to some people on here to see if maybe this was normal around this time. For instance, around 3 months my world felt like it was gonna come crashing down on me; so my advice to anybody around that time period would be to not worry and that it was normal to feel that way at 3 months. Anybody else get a peak of symptoms around this time?
Old 11-11-2011, 03:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Tough it out

John, I'm 1 year 4 months sober and 60 days off crack. Anxiety, depression, and god only knows what else. I just suffer through it because the consequences of going back out and using are worse. On the emotional roller-coaster I'm in there are some good emotions too. My life is better than it was just 60 days ago, and I believe it will get better for you as well.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

John: I am 2 years and 5 months clean of Oxy. I used and abused for a very long time and I didn't really feel "safe" with my emotions until almost a year clean.

Even though its been 5 months for you, keep thinking along the lines today, tomorrow rather than even weekly yet. It's hard to look down the road and not feel overwhelmed and that can cause the anxiety and irritableness.

Time, patience, perseverence on a day to day basis and you and your emotions will come together on the same page eventually.

Do check with your Dr. for any medical problems you are worried about; even if nothing is physically wrong, you'll breathe easier.

Until then, try not to worry too much, try doing things that relax you, TV, hot bath, music, books etc.

...Ruby...
Old 11-11-2011, 04:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yea, I'm not too worried about physical illness, heck I've had everything known to man ruled out already from my hypochondriac days. I'm thinking something with my blood sugar and I'm sure it will be easily treated. I was more curious if anybody could say "oh you're that's just the 6 month spike, everybody goes through it" or something. I understand it'll be up and down, just seems like an extremely low low this time.

Thanks