Notices

Day r ROXY Withdrawal Support

Old 10-13-2011, 08:07 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You guys are the bomb!!! I slept for like 7 hours last night!!! I woke up probably 6 times but fell asleep over and over!! Praise the LORD, He is answering my prayers even though this is all a result of my own choices!!! GRACE UNDESERVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Feel great today.

So excited for you to LaLa!!!! I told you it was worth it. I read a verse that says, ‎"He that covers his sins shall not prosper: but whoever confesses and forsakes them shall have mercy." - Proverbs 28:13

Not trying to preach but man people who genuinely care about me and the Lord, have been VERY instrumental in my life these past few days. Unreal the love and grace they have poured on me. Let alone the grace and love my girl showed me when I told her my problem. GOD has flexed His muscles in my faith this week. Can't turn back to my lies in my head. I always believe them when I choose to dwell on them. Death to the PILLS!
Old 10-13-2011, 08:18 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Things are getting brighter!

I feel the same way, I actually managed 7 hours of sleep last night in the same manner waking up every hour or so, but I feel the best I have yet! It gave me much needed energy that I'm trying to stockpile for moving on Saturday, I bet Sunday will be a rough day but oh well. It's nice to not be working so I can take my time a little, but with the new energy today I have already updated my resume and have begun sending it out and there's no way I would have considered doing that the last 4 days, so woohoo. NA meeting at noon at then probably rest.

Have a Great day all! And that was an excellent verse Desperate.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:40 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well it is Day 9 or so and my sleep schedule is still off. I wake up almost every hour, but I am able to sleep about 7 hrs a night. Definitely not the best of sleep, and my dreams are super weird, but praise the Lord my body is getting back to normal. Shows how powerful the Roxy's are and that even 3 week abuse can lead to damaging effects. May we all realize are choices are so much more important than we give them credit for at the time!! God bless you all!!!
Old 10-16-2011, 04:25 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Finally slept a whole night without melatonin!!! Thank you LORD!!!! Death to the pills!
Old 10-16-2011, 08:24 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
FT

Hi DesperateFL,

Good going! Sleep can be so elusive when we need it the most.

FT
Old 10-22-2011, 10:15 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Back to normal!!! Thanks to you all who encouraged me during this time!
Old 10-22-2011, 10:55 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Outstanding!! Here is to a long happy opiate free life!!!!

Old 10-23-2011, 04:28 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Finally back to normal!!! Took about ten days of vitamins, water, protein shakes and prayer!!! No going back!!!
Old 10-24-2011, 07:47 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

all my best,big thing remember this the next time a urge rears its face,ive been on methadone 4 10 years,did heroin 4 15 years on top of 25 years of booze,my point is withdrawl and i are old enemys ,but once the sun shows its bright,and will light your way,your in my heart and prayers knight
Old 10-24-2011, 07:58 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR Knight

D
Old 10-27-2011, 02:41 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Titanium

Originally Posted by DesperateFL View Post
Day 6. Slept maybe an hour last night??? Is this normal? Feel terrible today. What can I get to help me sleep?

To LostinLaLaLand - It was the best decision I have made. No longer will I not have accountability in this area. I need help and have hid my struggle for too long. I urge you to do whats tough. We will always justify and lie to ourselves. Do it for your future and for those who love you!!
hey...i was railing 20-30 roxi's a day for about a year. just finished rehab, starting aftercare.

It takes about a week before sleep returns. some people can have persistant withdrawal symptoms, but it is USUALLY pyschosomatic. Kick yourself in the ass and get active. Exercise is essential because you need to wear yourself out to sleep. Really.

please please please commit this experience to your memory. If your brain is anything like mine, we cannot take mind altering substances in anyway. It will awaken the beast, so to speak, and you will eventually find your way back to your DOC.

it gets better
bren
Old 11-07-2011, 10:43 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

In recovery

Here is my brief history. I was introduced to oxycontins when I was 22, it started slow doing one or two 40's a week and then I realized how much money there was to selling them before I knew it I had all the money and didn't know what to do with it. Before I knew it I was doing 10-15 80 mg oxys a day for roughly 4 years. I knew I had a problem so I started goin to the methadone clinic where I got up to 240 mg a day. Pure hell, I was a slave to the stuff. So I left started buying them off the street just to save money. Long story short I weened myself down to about 5-10 mg a day. It took a long time and money. I went cold turkey July 24th and with the help of friends and family and a shitload of vitamins I kicked it with very mild withdrawals. I will list the vitamins that helped me.
Potassium pills( bananas are also a great source of it). Vitamin B6, L-methionine ,livertox II, Glutamine, Omega 3-6-9, or fish oil, L-tyrosine, zincum merallicum, great for restless legs as is potassium. Kava Kava and melatonin. And if you can get ur hands on them Valium or Xanax help tremendously. This worked wonders for me by day 3 I felt great. Worst part is insomnia but that goes away and try to get plenty of exercise. Eat fruits and vegetables and drink plenty of Gatorade or anything to stay hydrated. Hope this works for u. It is a struggle but if I can do it anybody can. Keep your head up and you'll be so happy you got this monkey off your back. And as much as this stuff helps support groups including friends and family can not be understated. Good luck to all!! You will be so happy once you get thru the worst of it and it's totally worth it!
Old 11-09-2011, 05:20 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Still going strong by the grace of the LORD!!!