Notices

Synthetic THC/Spice withdrawals

Old 07-14-2013, 11:21 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
DRUG FREE!

Epiphany.....so glad you're deciding to go clean! I know you have the will power. We all have the will power to quit we just have to dig down and use it. Tomorrow will be my 4th day spice-free and from the symptoms you listed it seems that we're going through the same type of withdrawals. I think keeping yourself occupied is a BIG help, just keep your mind off the stuff, and when the cravings do come and you're hurting and crying and asking why, just remember that the chemical-coated leaves you are craving to use are the reason you're feeling that way. Its gonna suck, I think i've slept a total of 15 minutes since thursday night, haven't ate much and when I do I throw it up, so be ready for that. But I will tell you that these forums have made my quitting process so much easier. I hope that these forums can provide you the same support and courage that they have been giving me
Old 07-15-2013, 08:24 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Thanks Jason! Day 2 begins. Had my usual morning craving to smoke spice, but I took a walk to get some fresh air and just kept saying to myself I can do this. I also was saying to myself that there is more to life than just getting high. I live like 5 minutes away from the hookah lounge, and the crazy thing is I picked this apartment just to be closer to it smh. There aren't many in the area, so now I'm wishing that I lived farther away so that I'm not tempted. But it's up to me. I promised myself I will NOT walk through those doors and I'm going to stick to it. I'm looking forward to having more money in my pocket! No withdrawal symptoms yet, but I'm sure they are on the way. I'm going to write you guys every morning so that I can get my focus for the day. I'm ready!
Old 07-15-2013, 08:41 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
DRUG FREE!

On day 4 today I actually haven't really even had a craving today. The withdrawal symptoms are still hanging around though, jerks. Thats crazy though....I live about a 5 minute WALK away from a local smoke shop so its always there for me too. Checking these forums is a wonderful way to start your day. I check it in the morning and before bed and then throughout the day if I'm struggling throughout the day.

I actually think reading about how these chemically-coated leaves and other drugs have dragged good people down and torn peoples lives apart has actually affected my cravings.

EDIT: Actually I just noticed that you're from newport news.....I live in Hampton! Chances are we probably have visited some of the same places to purchase these chemical leaves.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:30 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Oh wow looks like we're neighbors! Lazy Dayz Hookah Lounge is where I would get it from. But you're right, it's seeing the stories that have helped me to see how serious this really is. On top of the fact that withdrawal the first time caused me to have a seizure... talk about a wakeup call. It happened in public and the ambulance had to come get me, it was like something out of a movie. It's just not worth it. Can't believe how much money I've wasted on that stuff.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:37 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
DRUG FREE!

yea, what really woke me up was how i felt when i smoked and the crack-like feeling of the high. i would wake up and have to smoke just to sleep again. and the nauseous feeling i would get if i wasn't high.....i hated myself. I'm finally starting to feel like the old me again though and its awesome.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:38 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I'm just glad that you've made it to day 4. I guess we've both had our own wake up calls and that's a good thing. It made me agitated when I wasn't smoking... if I'm out for hours I can't wait to get home to smoke. It's like it literally took control of me. I hated myself too, mostly because I realized I couldn't just smoke a little one day and put the bag away. It's like I HAD to smoke the whole bag. Losing that kind of control of yourself sucks. So I'm taking control now, and for day 2 I can say it hasn't been so bad. Called my girl and we went to see a movie and then she came back to my place and we watched the Kardashians for a couple hours and had girl talk. It was a great distraction. I'm alone now, but the first thing I did was get on here. Feeling like your old self again must be awesome... can't wait until I have that feeling
Old 07-15-2013, 06:37 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
DRUG FREE!

That's the exact same way I was! Me and my girlfriend were just getting into it all the time because I didn't want to do ANYTHING. This has been the best day by far....I actually ate a whole meal. I still have like random emotional attacks but it only happens when I talk to family, but I think thats more of just being stressed and disappointed in myself. I really want to do something to try and get this stuff out of the area and gone for good. This stuff has no value to our society in anyway and I think I'm gonna start trying to do something about it. I hope your withdrawals aren't bad, from what you're saying they don't seem to be. Its a new clean day tomorrow....can't wait
Old 07-15-2013, 08:40 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Yep, that's another thing. We choose IT over a social life even smh. It's weird because a couple weeks ago when I quit the first time I thought I was going to die from the withdrawal symptoms, but this time so far is more mental and emotional. Haven't had any sweats or vomiting yet, but for some reason I'm expecting it because that's how it was the first time around. Sometimes in the middle of reading or watching TV I get knocked over the head with a quick anxiety, because I know that just two days ago I was smoking. Then I have to take a few deep breaths and just get right back to what I was doing. That's been the hardest part of the evening, it's almost like I miss it a little. Maybe it's a grieving process? I don't want to ever touch it again, but it's hard to not think about it. It WOULD be nice if they would just ban it for good. I think the whole world would be better off for it. I've seen spice addiction forums from all over the world, this problem is everywhere. But all we can do is focus on OUR recovery. Proud of you! We'll get through tomorrow, we can do it
Old 07-15-2013, 09:24 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
DRUG FREE!

For some reason I just get random spells where I want to cry.....there isn't really a reason, I just start crying. Today was a great day but tonight has been kinda hard, I've been kinda anxious all night. I'm gonna try and actually get my first full night of sleep and check in the morning. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers, please.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:00 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I hope you're ok... I'm a little concerned. Truth be told I cried today... a lot. Just asking for strength to get through it. But I think it's a normal emotion right now. Just don't be too hard on yourself, know it WILL get better. If you can hug your girlfriend tonight, tell her what you're feeling. I will definitely say a prayer for you. I'm praying for myself too.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:25 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
DRUG FREE!

Woke up feeling so much better today Epiphany and I hope that gives you some encouragement when you wake up! And yea, I'm not new to drugs or quitting but this time I've been very open about everything to my girlfriend as opposed to in the past where I would just shut down until I felt better. It helps a lot. The emotional part to me is what sucks.....its like I feel empty or lonely or something. But I tell myself that emotion is not me, I can live a healthy, fun, fulfilling life without drugs. I call my family. I sing!! I do whatever I can to get my mind off of it. Today I think I'm just gonna come look here every time I start getting that feeling. Hope this makes you feel a little better when you see it epiphany!!

(Starting day 5)
Old 07-16-2013, 10:22 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
DRUG FREE!

Epiphany, I don't know if you check them but I sent you a private message
Old 07-16-2013, 12:54 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Just got your messages, check my response! I had to get out the house today again, just trying to stay busy. I'm a photographer so I work from home, so at times I find myself bored and those cravings start. I've told a couple friends, and that was really hard for me because no one had a clue. I'm just surprised that my female friends are willing to support me and get me out the house. I'm glad you made it through the night ok I was worried! Your post made me feel MUCH better... day 3 has been good! I really think that I can do this
Old 07-16-2013, 01:00 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

By the way last night was my first night of hot flashes. Woke up drenched and had to change my sheets and clothes. I just want it out of my body so I definitely won't complain.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:21 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
DRUG FREE!

Day 5 went freakin AWESOME. Basically just had some appetite issues and had to deal with a little bit of the sweats again. Nonetheless, I am getting back to my old happy healthy self. I know you can do it! I also hope someone out there that is struggling with this horrible stuff is reading this. That's why I keep posting, I've read so many horror stories about deaths and strokes and comas from spice its very upsetting. Hope everyone that sees this is having a wonderful, CLEAN day
Old 07-16-2013, 04:48 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hey there, just woke up from a nap and I can't believe I slept so well. Last night I didn't sleep to good. My heart breaks for those who have lost their lives as a result of using this drug. To those who are reading please know that it just isn't worth it! I've gained so much knowledge about this drug, and the more I read the more I know that I can't ever use it again. Emotionally I've been all over the place, I think I fell asleep just to not think for a while. No tears today though, I'm really feeling hopeful. Just the fact that I'm clean means a lot to me. I feel like I have to take things literally one minute at a time, and constantly remind myself of all the stories I've read. That's what keeps me going. Haven't eaten at all, with the exception of a few Cheez it's here and there. But I'm starting to believe in myself more and more each day, that in itself is a blessing
Old 07-16-2013, 06:55 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
DRUG FREE!

End of my 5th day now....I had my first meal of ramen noodles yesterday, second meal of ramen noodles today at lunch. My girlfriend ordered a pizza for dinner and i ate some of that too! I felt so good! Today was the best day so far. Your appetite will come back in the next day or so, it sucked being so hungry but just not being able to eat. But what was even harder for me was sleep. It seems like also in the last few days I've been reallly anxious to learn as much as I can about anything, I've read so many random news reports and articles about the most wide variety of subjects. I'm starting to get really excited about how much fun clean life can be. Because honestly I haven't been completely sober in a LONG time. I'm starting to realize now that when I kicked my drug habits the first time I started drinking alcohol convincing myself I didn't have a problem. But when I did drink it was a HUGE binge, every time. That drinking just linked my first stint of drug usage to my most current one. I'm so excited right now, I have never felt like this in my life, I've never felt like I could actually live without drugs and/or alcohol.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:58 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hey Jason, I'm glad that you are eating better. I know that bite of pizza was yummy! And I'm glad that you're really taking the right steps towards your recovery. Just like you I've been learning all kinds of things just about addiction in general. Truth be told I've had issues with alcohol, weed, and cocaine in the past. I was in rehab for 30 days some years back. I was clean for two years straight and started drinking again, leading to weed, then spice. Gotta DUI and that's how I started the spice, for clean drug tests. What a mistake. As addicts we always try to convince ourselves that we can handle just one drink. Just one weekend of fun. But it doesn't work that way. I used to think that being sober was boring. But now that I'm sober again I see that it's really what's best because I am starting to feel better already. The key is to keep all things positive around me. I can't go the same places I used to go, and I can't hang with the same people I used to hang with. In order to have a clean life I'm going to have to totally change my thinking. Like I said I was sober before for two years so I know it's possible. I just have to be patient with myself, no matter how hard it gets. Tonight I took a hot bath and am watching anything that will make me laugh. This too shall pass... I truly believe that
Old 07-16-2013, 08:42 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
DRUG FREE!

Well this is kind of getting weirder and weirder because honestly from your last post our stories sound A LOT alike. Just like you, I was having issues with weed, alcohol, and cocaine, went to treatment for 56 days, got clean and stayed clean for a while but then slipped back just like you starting with alcohol and ended up on these chemically coated leaves. Also, just like you said, I had this immature, stupid view that sobriety is boring when in actuality life is SO rich when you're living it sober!
Old 07-17-2013, 06:43 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Yes it is! How was your night? Didn't sleep too good again, appetite is still gone. Had the night sweats and to be honest they are annoying. But once again I just changed my sheets and clothes and hopped right back in. Couldn't fall asleep till 4 am though, but I did get about 4 hours of sleep. I'll try to get a nap in later. Yep I've tried it all, even the ecstacy pill. I think I was just trying to drown out my problems, now I have to face them sober. And that's ok, my life really isn't that bad. I'm just glad that I didn't lose my apartment or lose the ability to pay my bills. I'm really liking having a clear mind. I feel more energized, and my personality is even happier. People aren't saying I look tired anymore, when I was smoking I would hear that all the time. My friends have told me that I look more alert, which cool. I'm really happy today because I'm proud of myself! So how are you? Did you get some sleep?