oxycodone withdrawal help Part 2 - Page 3 - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2011, 02:47 PM   #41 (permalink)
Member
 
dizzydolphin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucus86 View Post

if anyone is still watching this thread please chime in, im doing good physically, despite the stomach problems, otherwise im just bored out of my mind
it's amazing how much time we have now that we are not chasing pills. I know the bored feeling. I struggle every night to schedule my day to do something productive or just to keep me busy. Some days I stick to it others not so much as my energy level is still low. Try reading a good book, a funny movie or chores around the house. Posting and reading here also helps alot.

Wishing you the best.
dizzydolphin is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dizzydolphin For This Useful Post:
sooners (11-02-2011), Spica (11-02-2011)
Old 11-03-2011, 04:10 PM   #42 (permalink)
Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: mi
Posts: 7
Yay day 6, thanks for support everyone, I've been keeping myself busy with my medical marijuana growing, I shut it down for the summer cause of high temperatures, but anyway that and my dog and job I'm trying to stay busy, I had a decent nights sleep last nigjt probably a total of 6-7 hours but I woke up a few times cause I was sweating, all in all days are getting better
lucus86 is offline  
Old 11-03-2011, 07:42 PM   #43 (permalink)
Oxy Fighter
 
sooners's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: St. Thomas ON
Posts: 53
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucus86 View Post
Yay day 6, thanks for support everyone, I've been keeping myself busy with my medical marijuana growing, I shut it down for the summer cause of high temperatures, but anyway that and my dog and job I'm trying to stay busy, I had a decent nights sleep last nigjt probably a total of 6-7 hours but I woke up a few times cause I was sweating, all in all days are getting better
Way to go Lucus86!!! Keep it up! I am so excited to hear that! Don't look back my friend, don't look back!

I saw my doctor today, and she thinks, even though I have just received my MMAR (Canadian Licenses to posses Marijuana) and am able to start using it, that it would be best for me to wait until the end of the semester and take the 3 weeks I will have to be at home to start the withdrawal process off the oxy. So that I can be at home, and try to be as comfortable as possible while going through it. I've never had the chance to talk to you before, but when I started on the oxy's my doctor asked if I had any problems with trying medical marijuana, as she felt it is much easier on the body and she would much rather me use that then pharmaceutical opioids, so I said sure, I'll try it. I used to smoke it in high school and then off and on during the years (I am 40 now), the one thing I know for sure is, I have NEVER had these types of withdrawals coming or quitting MJ, like what Oxy does to you, but I don't know how well it will work for pain management either, so we'll see after I get off the oxy's if it works for me or not.

Anyway, great job Lucus86, keep it up and DON'T LOOK BACK, keep busy and try to forget you even used it if you can! Now that you know how horrible it is, even in your worst moment , that moment will pass, nothing is worth going through oxy hell again, NOTHING!
sooners is offline  
Old 11-04-2011, 03:59 PM   #44 (permalink)
Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Silver city NM
Posts: 8
Quit massive doses of Oxycodones on Oct 20. Absolutely miserable. But been thru drill before so body didn't react too badly at first them WHAM! Called my dr. She called in hydrocodone to ease w/d. Yup stupid. So now craving more than ever on day 2 without any opiates. I've suffered from RLS anyway n just want to add Magnesium helps. Didn't sleep for ten days more than couple hours at time. Sux. Started AA/NA meetings. Feel better after meetings but in small town so meetings scarce. Been down w a cold so no meetings. Finding myself just passing time. Struggling. White knuckling it. Stuck w two small kids adding to suffering. House a wreck but can't bring self to do ****. Is it ever going to get easier or better? Wonder if better off on pills least could cope n know f--- up thought. Everything seems impossible. Just want to runaway from my life until I feel like I did before pain killers ruled my world. The obsessing abOut them subsiding but craving there. Husband minimally supportive as he has own issues -right now his only concern is hunting leaving me hanging by a thread. Yet he has worked so hard deserves break. Just want to scream. And run. And use. But won't use. Can't. Afraid I will accidentally OD. That's the only thing keeping me from using honestly. Death. Put my body thru so much using then running out so wd until next refill. Need a freaking miracle. Maybe I am just meant to spend life as junkie or drunk (when can't get pills). Not trying to b on pity party role. Maybe am. Just want end to this suffering.
Red42 is offline  
Old 11-04-2011, 04:57 PM   #45 (permalink)
Oxy Fighter
 
sooners's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: St. Thomas ON
Posts: 53
Reply too Red42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red42 View Post
Quit massive doses of Oxycodones on Oct 20. Absolutely miserable. But been thru drill before so body didn't react too badly at first them WHAM! Called my dr. She called in hydrocodone to ease w/d. Yup stupid. So now craving more than ever on day 2 without any opiates. I've suffered from RLS anyway n just want to add Magnesium helps. Didn't sleep for ten days more than couple hours at time. Sux. Started AA/NA meetings. Feel better after meetings but in small town so meetings scarce. Been down w a cold so no meetings. Finding myself just passing time. Struggling. White knuckling it. Stuck w two small kids adding to suffering. House a wreck but can't bring self to do ****. Is it ever going to get easier or better? Wonder if better off on pills least could cope n know f--- up thought. Everything seems impossible. Just want to runaway from my life until I feel like I did before pain killers ruled my world. The obsessing abOut them subsiding but craving there. Husband minimally supportive as he has own issues -right now his only concern is hunting leaving me hanging by a thread. Yet he has worked so hard deserves break. Just want to scream. And run. And use. But won't use. Can't. Afraid I will accidentally OD. That's the only thing keeping me from using honestly. Death. Put my body thru so much using then running out so wd until next refill. Need a freaking miracle. Maybe I am just meant to spend life as junkie or drunk (when can't get pills). Not trying to b on pity party role. Maybe am. Just want end to this suffering.
Hang in there Red, I was just checking emails when I saw this, unfortunately I have to run, but I will be back. I will check to see if you are on so we can chat, sounds like you need some support and it is ok to need someone to lean on and no your not creating a pity party, it is a fact of life, people need help and they need someone to listen and it sounds like you do not have that in your life at the moment and I know the children depend on you, but if you are not well..... then the children don't have much to depend on now do they, so it is VERY important to take some time for YOU and help YOU get through this. Keep posting, keep yourself busy, there is an end to this hell my friend, but the hard part is it is not OVER NIGHT, and it takes TIME, and time can cause us to relapse because we can't take it anymore, it doesn't pass fast enough etc. etc.

Feel free to IM me as well,

Blessings,

Keith
sooners is offline  
Old 11-04-2011, 05:22 PM   #46 (permalink)
Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Silver city NM
Posts: 8
Ok Keith. Have to tend to kids but maybe later. Hard not being able to do what need to. Now know how Alice felt trying to get out of the rabbit hole!
Red42 is offline  
Old 11-04-2011, 05:26 PM   #47 (permalink)
Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Silver city NM
Posts: 8
Ironically I live in Med MJ state. My dr approved application since can't take narcs n do have serious pain issues. And I don't like med MJ! Well regular MJ anyway. Know we shouldn't substitute but hell, if had med MJ life would be easier.

Oxy = death sentence.
Red42 is offline  
Old 11-04-2011, 05:30 PM   #48 (permalink)
Soccer
 
soccer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 64
What helped me

To all of you who are going through the withdrawls, I have been through them before (many times) and would like to offer up some things that have helped me get through. First, try to keep your mind occupied. They are mental withdrawls as much as physical (at least they are for me). Keeping your mind busy with other things is a great help. I always threw myself into my work, even though you may feel like crap work has always helped. Second, have some over the counter medications at hand. I used something for the diarrhea and a cold a flu medication that was reccomended by a Doctor (this one you have to get at the pharmacy counter I cant mention the brand). This worked wonders for easing the RLS and a bit with the nausea. Third and most important, PRAY to your higher power. Also know that those of us on here are praying for you too. When temptation strikes, and it will, come on here and vent, send a personal message to someone here (I do not mind getting them) and ask for advice. Talk to anyone you trust.
You can beat this. I know you can, cause I have before. Don't despair if you fall, just be firm in your resolve. God Bless you and stay strong!
soccer is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to soccer For This Useful Post:
sooners (11-14-2011)
Old 11-14-2011, 05:48 PM   #49 (permalink)
Soccer
 
soccer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 64
Howzit

Just wondering how folks are doing? Hopefully you are all doing well. You all remain in my prayers (for what that is worth) and I hope you are succesful in beating these evil meds.
soccer is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 06:02 PM   #50 (permalink)
Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: mi
Posts: 7
Doin good now, now on day 17, I don't even think of doing them now, every day feeling better and better1
lucus86 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to lucus86 For This Useful Post:
dizzydolphin (11-14-2011)
Old 11-14-2011, 06:29 PM   #51 (permalink)
Member
 
dizzydolphin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 300
Lucas: Congratulation on day 17! That's awesome and something to be.proud of, a great accomplishment.

Soccer: glad to see you are still hanging in there and encouraging others.
dizzydolphin is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 08:16 PM   #52 (permalink)
Oxy Fighter
 
sooners's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: St. Thomas ON
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucus86 View Post
Doin good now, now on day 17, I don't even think of doing them now, every day feeling better and better1
Great Job Lucus!!!! I am so happy for you!!! Like the old Boston song.... "Don't Look Back!"
sooners is offline  
Old 11-17-2011, 12:13 AM   #53 (permalink)
Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: mi
Posts: 7
i have a question for those that have quit, im at 20 days in from at a maximum of 240mg a day of oxy (3 years)), i didnt take 240mg on a daily basis but on my days off of work i would snort 240 mg of roxi throughout the day, the first week off was hell-- no sleep, constant sweating while trying to fall asleep, constant mental image of how great my life was with the opys

as of right now i have no intention of reverting back to pain killers without a life threatning problem, ---- so getting back to my question, ( a lil backrground, ive been getting pretty good sleep compared too the first week from withdrawel of the drug)
but about 6 hours into sleep i get a stomach cramp/ache that eventually goes away after a lil while( i am able to fall back asleep "sometimes" ) is this normal??? also i have multiple allergies to many different things, but since i quit the oxy I ---""""in the last three years ive never sneezed this much, even with snorting a narcotic powder everyday!!!" can someone explain, my only explaniation is that opaites are a deflamatory by nature, or maybe it numbed my nasal reflexs,, sneezing doesnt bother me as much as the stomach aches in the early morning

all cravings for the pain killers have subsided, my bowel movements are now back to normal(no bombs being dropped on baghdad more,and no more liquid shits)

recently, after my bowel movements became nominal, i experienced stomach aches 5-7 hours into sleep

like i said before ive takin oxy for 3 years with a max dose of 240mg on the "good" days, when i quit i had no problems with vomiting due to nausa, although slight exhaustion set in.
so my question is, are the stomachs normal after 20 days of withdrawal from a mild addiction of oxy
lucus86 is offline  
Old 11-17-2011, 09:54 AM   #54 (permalink)
Oxy Fighter
 
sooners's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: St. Thomas ON
Posts: 53
Hey Lucus86,

Just thought I would say Hi and to tell you "Great Work" on keeping clean from the Oxy's after 3 years of use!

I don't know much about the stomach cramps as I am new to this addiction and this is my first time dealing with Oxy's myself. I am waiting on the end of the semester to go through my detox, just got back from a doctor's appointment. She put my next months prescription in 10 mg, so I can cut down starting in December, but I think it is best for me to just give them to my wife and do it cold Turkey, as some of my friends, especially "Failedtapper" have told me it's to hard to do , tapering and you will end up having a lengthened time of withdrawal besides having the temptation to take a pill because you have them. I told my doctor this, but I think she wanted me to have some incase something happened and I could not get a hold of her, so it made her feel better anyway, but I am still going to stick to my original plan of going cold turkey. I took my wife with me today and gave her the prescription, I have no hands on it or my medication. She hides them and will set out 3 pills in the morning for me, and no matter how much complaining I do, she will not give me anymore. It's for the best really and I mentally know that, but I just don't have the time to take a week off at this moment with finals and all, so I am just going to have to suffer another 3 weeks (because my body has become tolerant to what I am taking now and is in a mild form of withdrawal already) on the normal dose just to get to suffer really bad for a week after that LOL. But it is crazy really, I am looking forward to December, I know it will be hell, but I am looking forward to putting this behind me, taking the monkey off my back so to speak.

Anyway, I am sure someone will come along with an answer to your question of stomach cramping, I didn't mean to write a book, but I guess I needed to spill a bit myself LOL, and I am also proud of you, you give others hope, even when you post to tell of how many days you are clean, even something that simple helps people. I hope you get the stomach Cramp figured out and are able to get some rest.
sooners is offline  
Old 11-17-2011, 12:28 PM   #55 (permalink)
Member
 
dizzydolphin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucus86 View Post
i have a question for those that have quit, im at 20 days in from at a maximum of 240mg a day of oxy (3 years)), i didnt take 240mg on a daily basis but on my days off of work i would snort 240 mg of roxi throughout the day, the first week off was hell-- no sleep, constant sweating while trying to fall asleep, constant mental image of how great my life was with the opys

as of right now i have no intention of reverting back to pain killers without a life threatning problem, ---- so getting back to my question, ( a lil backrground, ive been getting pretty good sleep compared too the first week from withdrawel of the drug)
but about 6 hours into sleep i get a stomach cramp/ache that eventually goes away after a lil while( i am able to fall back asleep "sometimes" ) is this normal??? also i have multiple allergies to many different things, but since i quit the oxy I ---""""in the last three years ive never sneezed this much, even with snorting a narcotic powder everyday!!!" can someone explain, my only explaniation is that opaites are a deflamatory by nature, or maybe it numbed my nasal reflexs,, sneezing doesnt bother me as much as the stomach aches in the early morning

all cravings for the pain killers have subsided, my bowel movements are now back to normal(no bombs being dropped on baghdad more,and no more liquid shits)

recently, after my bowel movements became nominal, i experienced stomach aches 5-7 hours into sleep

like i said before ive takin oxy for 3 years with a max dose of 240mg on the "good" days, when i quit i had no problems with vomiting due to nausa, although slight exhaustion set in.
so my question is, are the stomachs normal after 20 days of withdrawal from a mild addiction of oxy
Hey Lucas, first congrats on day 20! I also had sneezing fits the first few weeks, and stomach aches. I probably wasn't eating very healthy, and now eat lots of fruits and vegetables. A proper diet might help, if not Maybe some pepto?
dizzydolphin is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to dizzydolphin For This Useful Post:
lorilou1 (11-20-2011)
Old 11-17-2011, 08:09 PM   #56 (permalink)
Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: mi
Posts: 7
I think I figured it out, obviously I've been eating more than I was when I was on the drugs, so my theory is that my stomach is just getting used to being full of food instead of painkillers, does this make sense? I recently told my parents that I was a opiate addict Ive been sober for 21 days now, took a lot to tell them that, they said they had suspicion of a problem but could never quite figure out the details of what I was taking, they are proud of the fact I took it upon myself to quit cold turkey without physical help, talking on this forum has helped alot, I appreciate everyones support here
lucus86 is offline  
Old 11-18-2011, 02:35 PM   #57 (permalink)
Oxy Fighter
 
sooners's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: St. Thomas ON
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucus86 View Post
I think I figured it out, obviously I've been eating more than I was when I was on the drugs, so my theory is that my stomach is just getting used to being full of food instead of painkillers, does this make sense? I recently told my parents that I was a opiate addict Ive been sober for 21 days now, took a lot to tell them that, they said they had suspicion of a problem but could never quite figure out the details of what I was taking, they are proud of the fact I took it upon myself to quit cold turkey without physical help, talking on this forum has helped alot, I appreciate everyones support here
That is awesome you were able to share this with your parents! I can only imagine that will help take the "monkey of your back" and eliminate the elephant in the room feeling between you and your parents. Get all the support you can, I applaud you for opening up to your parents and I hope they will support you. It takes a lot to do what you did and keep up the good work, you are en example to everyone my friend!
sooners is offline  
Old 11-21-2011, 11:37 AM   #58 (permalink)
Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: mi
Posts: 7
How is everyone doing, haven't heard from anyone in a cpl days, I am going to a screening for a new job on next tueaday, drug screen and background check, so i put a hold on smoking marijuana since this past Tuesday( saliva drug test) according to multiple internet sources the detection period is only 72 hours but I wanted to sure I would pass, seeing as its a cooperate company,
Anyway hope everyone is doing well and hope you all have a good thanksgiving
lucus86 is offline  
Old 11-21-2011, 03:12 PM   #59 (permalink)
Oxy Fighter
 
sooners's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: St. Thomas ON
Posts: 53
Everything is going good on this end. Gearing up for finals, lots and lots of work, keeps me busy anyway. Good luck on the new job, hope you get it. I've never taken drug test by saliva, I guess that way they can watch you so you don't pour someone else's pee into a cup or something, hmmm interesting. I know MJ stays in your system a while, up to 30 days or more so I have heard, let me know what you find out about the saliva testing, if it is able to test for longer than 72 hours.

I was born in Oklahoma and lived in the US for 31 years, but have spent the last 9 years living in Canada and they celebrate Thanks Giving in October so I miss having Thanks Giving in November, I should be eating turkey and watching football on thursday, but NOOOOO I have to go to class, my final Sermon is due in Homiletics on that day, it's one thing to preach to a congregation, it's another thing to preach to peers and professors LOL. Wish me luck, either doing Isaiah 64:1-9 or Mark 13:24-37
__________________
Just another day in paradise!
sooners is offline  
Old 11-29-2011, 01:23 PM   #60 (permalink)
Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: omaha ne
Posts: 6
Day 2

I am just starting my withdrawal and am on day 2. I apparently wasn't a high dose addict as I always took 15mg oxy twice a day and never increased it. I'm wasn't sick or injured to start So I guess I have no excuse other than I started it because it made me feel good. A friend gave me a couple of Vicodin about a year ago and that was all it took. I just liked the high. I don't make enough money to buy it anymore so I guess I can thank economics for making me quit. I would like to know if anyone was a light addict like me and what they went thru when they quit. I didn't fall asleep last night until 5 am and only slept 4 hours. I have been going to the bathroom constantly and feel like its a chore to walk across the room. How soon does it get better? How long will it last? I just feel really empty.
kotinhell is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:04 PM.