Notices

Adderall OD? Does anyone have any information?

Old 04-25-2011, 07:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Adderall OD? Does anyone have any information?

Okay, so I am a 22 year old male, about 160 pounds. It's finals time and, without realizing it, I ended up taking a LOT more adderall in a 24 hour period than I intended (roughly 200 mg). I did space the pills out for the most part, but I'm not feeling great. I'm fairly sure I haven't OD'd- my heartrate is only a bit faster than usual, but I don't feel GREAT, either. Specifically, I'm having to run to the bathroom every 20-40 minutes or so (and tmi, but just for medical information, my stool is completely liquid and st. patrick's day green), and my muscles are cramping quite a bit.
Everything else I can attribute to exhaustion, but I just had my gallbladder removed a week and a half ago and I was wondering if anyone had any information before I go off and spend money I can't afford on an unnecessary trip to the ER. Everything I've read says you SHOULDN'T take 200 mg in a 24 hour period, but, as I said, I did space them out and they aren't XR's. Am I just being paranoid? Obviously this is not something I will repeat, but I want to know that I'll make it through the night alright.

A second question- when can I STOP worrying and know that I'm out of the woods with this? I'm not panicking or anything like that, but I am (usually) a very cautious person and will be holding my breath until I know I'll be okay. Should I try to sleep when I get tired? Should I keep myself up?

Any thoughts or information would be greatly appreciated. I know the general protocol is to go to the ER or call poison control ASAP, but please try to understand that my insurance and financial situation wouldn't allow me to do that currently without causing major financial upheaval in my life. Thanks again.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just to clarify, I have been drinking gatorade almost nonstop, as well as water, although I have no appetite for food. I study neuroscience- so I have all the basic information about drugs like adderall, psychotrophic and physical effects, etc, but anyone with experience with similar problems or more info who could help me out would really be appreciated. I realize I'm probably mostly anxious due to the effects of the drug in my system, but it would help me feel calmer to have some feedback.

EDIT: as of now, my heart doesn't seem to be skipping anymore, and is at a rate of roughly 82 bpm.

Last edited by danomaksen; 04-25-2011 at 08:00 PM. Reason: update
Old 04-25-2011, 08:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Danomaksen

We're a peer support group here which means that by our rules we can't give you medical advice.

I would advise you to seek medical help if you feel concerned in any way...the cost is unimportant when weighed against your welfare.

D
Old 04-25-2011, 08:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Alright- thank you for clarifying. I apologize, then- I saw a similar post on here from a few years back (pertaining to a different class of drug) with some useful input from members, so I thought this was an appropriate forum to seek information on. To clarify, though, I'm not so much looking for medical advice, as I can only get that from a physician- just looking to gather information before seeking healthcare- at this time of night and in my area my only option would cost so steep a price that it would most likely cost me graduation in a month. I hope you can understand my hesitancy about just jumping to that conclusion before gathering my information. I apologize again for incorrectly using this forum.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

To avoid confusion. this is our medical advice rule...
10. Medical Advice: No Posts giving medical advice, medication advice, or psychiatric advice. Do not use the forum to give or ask for professional medical or psychiatric advice. If you are a medical professional, please remember the forums and chat are for peer support only and not to be used for distributing professional medical advice and/or using the forum to represent your professional services. Medical and Psychiatric advice includes giving a diagnosis, treatment plan, medication advice and dosage suggestions, over the counter and natural home remedies that should be approved by medical professionals. Detox can be dangerous and life threatening at times. Please consult with your physician.
We don't stop people from sharing their experiences tho...bearing in mind that rule.

I have no experience with adderall at all, so I'll leave it to others now.

Best wishes
D
Old 04-25-2011, 08:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks again- I guess the post I originally saw was NOT quite following that rule, given some of the responses, but I will certainly respect that rule in this community in the future now that I have further clarification. Keeping that in mind, it's probably not a bad idea for me to read the other rules on the site, too, considering that I could have done that originally and saved everyone time.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Uppers, Downers, and Co.

I've taken that much and been fine but I've also been taking it for over two years.