Notices

I'm going cold-turkey from Oxycodone

Old 03-22-2011, 10:36 AM
  # 561 (permalink)  

DOTHEDAMNTHING: I think you should see a psychiatrist. Just make sure you tell them EVERYTHING about your opiate use/withdrawals. They will take a full history on you, asking you questions about your thoughts, feelings, etc before your opiate use and then after before deciding what medication is best for you. Don't be ashamed to take psych meds. I take them, and they literally saved my life!! You can PM me and we can talk privately about it if you like.

ILIVEFORYOU- Girl, there are so many other ways of dealing with pain besides opiates. I have some serious pain issues. I have 3 herniated discs in my necks, Annular tears, osteoarthritis throughout my body, scoliosis, fibromyalgia, and the list goes on! My neck was causing me so much pain, I would get these migraine like headaches that were so debilitating I couldn't do anything but lay down with ice packs covering my whole head. My nose would start bleeding from the pressure in my head! It was terrible! I went to a legit pain doctor and he did NOT prescribe me oxy. He first gave me Ultram and scheduled me for trigger point injections. I did them and they didn't work for me. Neither did the Ultram. Then he prescribed me Loratab 7.5 mg (but only 2 per day) and scheduled an epidural injection. At this point I started buying Perc 30's on the street b/c I felt like I couldn't wait around to see what was going to work and what wasn't. I have two little kids and a full time job in Management. Anyway, my point to this whole story is that I went through a series of 3 epidural injections and I thought they didn't work b/c I was taking Oxy's and I already had become so addicted to them that when I didn't have enough in my system the pain would come right back. So, I went and found a dirty pain doctor and got prescribed 140 perc 30's a month and just took those until I quit over a month ago. Once I got through my withdrawals and was totally drug free, guess what??? MY PAIN WAS GONE!!! So, the epidurals did work! I just didn't know it, b/c the oxy was CAUSING me pain. So, first of all, your pain may not be as bad as you think it is and you won't know till you are completely drug free. Secondly, there are injections you can try and they aren't fun but they aren't that bad either. There's other ways of coping with pain too: chiropractic, accupuncture, massage, etc. So, don't lose hope thinking you will just be sh!t out of luck without opiates, b/c that's simply NOT true!

You are doing AMAZING handling all this with no support from your husband. Keep going girl, you got this!!!! Every day you make it you are one day closer to being FREE. Don't be afraid to be sober. That's your addict brain trying to scare you. The sober you, is the REAL you. The one that created that precious daughter of yours! Hang in there, we're all here for you!!

Peace & Love,
IWBF

SBH- So glad to "see" you man!!!!! Congrats on your 60 days!!!
Old 03-22-2011, 02:26 PM
  # 562 (permalink)  

31 days and counting
Old 03-22-2011, 02:59 PM
  # 563 (permalink)  
FT

Far OUT tdbettr!
Old 03-22-2011, 03:43 PM
  # 564 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ok guys when a thread gets to 500 posts can you let a mod (any mod) know...?

if they go too much over that, it really slows every thing down...

part 2 is here...I made a small name change to better reflect the thread

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ng-ct-oxy.html

let me know if you can think of something better titlewise - but, no 'F*** the Ox' is not gonna fly LOL

D