SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Substance Abuse (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/)
-   -   It's been a long time ... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/214687-its-been-long-time.html)

lostbutterfly 12-03-2010 04:02 PM

It's been a long time ...

It's been a while since I been here. I was sober and clean last Christmas, I do remember that much. I just wanted to come back and say thanks to everyone who was there for me.

I am still trying, but my f*ck, it's hard!!

LB xx

Dee74 12-03-2010 04:04 PM

Welcome back LB :ghug3 missed ya!
I hope you decide to stick around :)

D

Timebuster 12-03-2010 06:39 PM

Oh my goodness, welcome back Lost.

Sorry to hear your still having difficulties. keep turning it over to the "care of " your Higher Power, pray for the decisons you are making and let God work out the results

Big hugs to you.

TB

mrsfray 12-03-2010 07:39 PM

Welcome back Lost! You can be sober this Christmas too! I have 4 days myself.

gr8ful42day 12-03-2010 07:45 PM

Welcome back lost. A lot of us here are struggling. I am glad you are here and hope you stick around.

24hrsAday 12-03-2010 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by lostbutterfly (Post 2786294)
It's been a while since I been here. I was sober and clean last Christmas, I do remember that much. I just wanted to come back and say thanks to everyone who was there for me.

LB xx

Welcome Back.. :grouphug:

northbelle 12-03-2010 09:17 PM

Well it is nice to see your post here Losty! Miss you around here! Post again huh???
love norty

windysan 12-04-2010 09:29 AM

i was wondering where you ran off to

Impurrfect 12-05-2010 06:38 AM

(((LB))) - welcome back!!! I've missed you and hope you stick around, this time.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

karma35 12-05-2010 08:04 AM

LB OMG - its sooo good to hear you even if things ain't great hun - just glad your here babe - i'm 35 days clean - so if ya need me i'm here of course.... uk girl - u were always there for me so hugs babe - sorry u've had a tough one... i really am......
umm if u need pm and i have tel no if u want a voice in the night / morning hun take care please love you
lostbutterfly 12-06-2010 11:50 PM

Hi guys, nice to hear from you. Things sort of spiralled out of control the beginning of the year, and I couldn't cope with life, so I turned to the things that have always helped me cope.

However, things have been better for a few months now, but of course I can't stop once I start.

Long story short, there's no money left! I've got us nearly in £2000 debt because of my drinking and pills taking money that should be spent on food and bills. I'm a single mom, so there is not that much to go around already.

Thanks for being there for me. I've never been in debt in my life you know!!

Dee74 12-07-2010 12:34 AM

I'm sorry you're up against it, LB, but you know you always have mates here.
What are you doing recovery wise right now?

D

whiskerkissed 12-07-2010 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by lostbutterfly (Post 2786294)

You got that right. I have just over 90 myself this time. Keep coming back. It's what I hear...a lot! You're loved and you're worthy of a good, clean life. Keep moving forward Lost!
:ghug3

lostbutterfly 12-07-2010 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 2789429)
I'm sorry you're up against it, LB, but you know you always have mates here.
What are you doing recovery wise right now?

D

Not a lot, feel a bit battered and dazed at the moment! Using the pills I got left to get off, should take a few more days - I'm thinking I should probably go back to AA, I haven't been to meetings since about March this year.

I ran out of alcohol last night, so today may as well be my first day without, and then there is a meeting tomorrow night. I keep talking myself out of it.

LB x

lostbutterfly 12-07-2010 11:16 PM

I give up ... how do you make a blog? My brain doesn't work!

Dee74 12-07-2010 11:36 PM

I hope you follow through with something LB - it's not a nice place to be spinning your wheels, ya know? :hug:

as far as blogs go - if you click the blog link on the blue toolbar above us @ the top of the page here....there should be a range of options on the left hand side of the page that opens up - click 'post to your blog' and go from there, I think?...

D

vicodaniel 12-08-2010 01:49 PM

Hey Losty Very good to see your post ! You were there for me when I was getting off the opiates.I won't forget it. Its been 2 years and two months for me . Can't say I am clean and sober cause as most everyone knows. I drink a little and smoke some weed. I would be better off without, but I am managing it. Kepp trying its not how many times you fall down, but how many you get up ! All the best to you.

lostbutterfly 12-08-2010 11:43 PM

Read all the posts again now I'm less fuzzy and so grateful to everyone for being so welcoming.

Fluey and grumpy (sounds like two of the 7 dwarves from Snow White), but on the right track.

Well done vicodan - I remember your struggle. Really proud of you. If I could drop the pills, I would be so happy just to get rid of that one side of things.

Thanks for the blog advice Dee - gives me a place to right random rubbish without cluttering up the forums!

karma35 12-09-2010 01:14 PM

hey you
i noticed the time of ur posts bein that we r in the same time zone an all... i still don't get on with mornings naturally lol....
u were always there for me beautiful flutterby..hope ur decisions are clear ones - your days are warm ones (not easy ere i know lol in uk at the mo huh) and ur friends are sincere ones ... thinkin of u - ur not totally lost cos we find u here thank (place relevant hp)!!!!!!!
love Karma

karma35 12-11-2010 05:10 AM

butterfly.. Hope you're ok.. Thinking of you and family.. I'm here still hun.. Huge hugs for winter nights xxx