Notices

Need advice

Old 10-30-2010, 10:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need advice

Hi I'm new to SB and want to thank everyone for thie advice I've read. I was looking for some advice...

I've been addicted to oxy/Vikes for 3 years on and off. I have just recently decided to quit and become sober for good, and I'm doing it cold turkey. I've been trying to stop since about May... but at about every 2-3 weeks clean, I'll relapse again. I've been going to meetings everyday, I've got a group of guys I hang out with that are all in AA, I've been seeing a hyponotist once a week, my girlfriend is supportative... what else can I do to quit for good? How can I break past the 2 week mark without relapsing?

I've just started Suboxone today, but I dont want to get addicted to another drug... I just want help to stay sober. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
AAudrey

Go to at least one meeting a day; get a sponsor, get a home group...ask1. God to remove the obsession every morning and 2. thank him at night,3. read appropriate literature; 4. call people in your fellowship, 5. go to a meeting every day.

That's all you need to do! It works! It really does!
Old 10-30-2010, 11:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
AAudrey

Would also suggest learning about FEDs. Faulty emotional dependencies. It's in Step 3 in the 12 and 12 and in working with others in the Big Book of AA.

Anyway, it's really about substituting [anything] before your relationship with HP.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am a nurse. I have been using IV dilaudid for about 2 months maybe alittle longer. I decided yesterday I was done. Today I feel awful. Body hurts, craving it bad, and Ive cried all day when I wasnt sleeping from the clonazapam I took because I heard it helps get through the bad part. I need someone to talk to. Noone knows this about me. Im scared please help . Nurseneedshelp
Old 11-01-2010, 07:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glad you newbies are here! Suboxone treatment can work well, but its not an easy way out. Taking it does NOT create another addiction (you already are addicted), nor is it a simple substitution. On the other hand, if your expectation is that the medication will allow you to skip the hard work of recovery, you are dreaming. If you are seriously addicted, and are serious about stopping, you need to seek advice from a qualified medical professional!