This is an invitation to our regular

Sober Recovery Meetings

which are held in the SR Chat Meeting Room

Schedule:

Fridays 9pm EST - hosted by Pancake
Saturdays 5pm EST - hosted by Pancake
Saturdays 10pm EST - hosted by Nogard

Need to work out your timezone? Click here :Time Zone Converter

These are open meetings, EVERYONE is welcome.

If you are sober, currently in recovery, or still struggling with alcohol, drugs, or any type of addiction, feel free to join us! We encourage you to suggest any topic you may want to discuss. We look forward to seeing both regular and new SR members, and to discuss addiction and recovery.

As a reminder, here are the Chatroom Guidelines. If you attend a meeting and wish to share, type “!” and wait for the Host to call on you. When you’ve finished sharing, please remember to type “done”.

REMEMBER, these meetings are open to everyone! See you there!
Old 10-09-2009, 08:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Still Learning..

Thank you for the post.. I have trouble getting rides to meetings in my area.. So its good to see that SR does have active online meetings.. I attended one before but it wasn't much going on..I hope it will be different this time.. I will be on here tonight.. Would love to see alot of my fellow SR members there too!!
Old 10-09-2009, 03:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I can host one on Sundays if you want or whenever you want another one, since they used to be daily. I can do pretty much any time Sunday, Monday or Tuesday, I have to work the rest of the week.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Mr.MeToo?

Originally Posted by Vintersemestre View Post
I can host one on Sundays if you want or whenever you want another one, since they used to be daily. I can do pretty much any time Sunday, Monday or Tuesday, I have to work the rest of the week.
pretty sure complete sobriety from all drugs and alcohol with a minimum of 6 months is required to host meetings.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

First, THANK YOU for making meetings known. It's been a while since I have been to a SR meeting, and hopefully the boyfriend won't be hoggin' the puter when 10 rolls around and I can get online.
Second, please, PLEASE! Let's stop the baiting. People pretty much know each other around here, who is using, who is not, and so on and so forth. Let the moderators decide when someone volunteer's. I really would appreciate it. I don't want to step on toes or make anyone mad. Seeing this stuff, by basically the same people, is getting kind of old. And I don't want to hit ignor. I'd rather see us get along.
And thirdly, speaking of which... I DO have over 8 months clean time. No drugs or alcohol. Cigs and caffiene (and sugar!) only. I usually do not have much to do on Wednesday nights. I work only an hour and a half. The only stipulation is I have to show up at work somewhere between 6PM and midnight. It's not that far away, I can get in, get it done quick, or can do a meeting and go to work. So if we don't have a Wed. night meeting, I am happy to "host" one. If SR will have me.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Mr.MeToo?

I didn't mean to start any trouble I was just not aware if vinter knew you had to be sober for a minimum of 6 months when he suggested he could host a meeting. As he has made it known around here that he is not abstinent from all drugs//alcohol. So it would be a pretty big joke if anybody let him host a meeting on this site heh ;\

Last edited by ex D-Boy; 10-10-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's not my area, but I believe the requirement is 6 months recovery, yep.

Anyone who is interested in chairing, and who fulfills that criteria, is probably best off PMing Matty (mattcake79) or Rowan.

D
Old 10-10-2009, 02:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Anyone meeting the sobriety requirements (yes, 6 months) and willing to host a regular or occasional meeting, please PM matt or myself with details.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ok, cool. No harm no foul. Seriously thought, when a certain name appears, as it has in other threads, arguments get started. LOL.
Anyway, I will PM someone then! Before I get kicked in the BH. hahahaha
Old 10-10-2009, 05:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

bump

D
Old 10-11-2009, 12:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Actually, you know what, nevermind. Not being an addict, it really wouldn't be my place, there would be an organic inability for me to relate to certain topics. I didn't consider this initially.

Last edited by Vintersemestre; 10-11-2009 at 12:59 AM.