Notices

keytags?

Old 11-23-2009, 06:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

keytags?

Are they for the time since you 'joined' NA, or for clean time.

I was clean 3 weeks before I went to my first meeting, so never picked up the white 'surrender' tag...but was going to get my 30 day tag this week, but then at a meeting this evening when they offered the tags, the addict handing them out referred to the white one as the one you get when you decide to "join" NA.

soooo. do I need to get a white tag, wait 30 days and get a 30 day, or do I just get my 30 day...I know this is a pretty silly thing, but I am curious how it works.

I am pretty clueless and befuddled right now and am really just following directions as I know I can't do this by myself. I'm gonna work it trusting that things will fall into place as I go, doing what I am told to do.

anyway....just wondering how this works.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Basically, a white tag is for newcomers, people who have come back, or for people who have 1 day clean.

If you had 3 weeks clean before you came to NA (and got your first white tag) then your 30 day tag comes after you have 30 days clean.

In your case, you collect a 30 day tag, 1 week after you came to NA ( 3 weeks from before plus 1 week later).

As far as when your a member? NA says, your a member when you say you are.

Hope this helped
Joe
Old 11-23-2009, 07:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Joe is right, but if you'd like a white "welcome" or "surrender" tag, I'm sure they'd be happy to give you one of those at the same time! Most of us treasure ours no matter how many ensuing tags we earn!

Love,
KJ
Old 11-23-2009, 08:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

The white key tag is the only one I carry, and though I often don't have my "current" AA coin, I always carry a 24 hr coin. To me, they're important reminders to stay in the now.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 11-23-2009, 10:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Emmer put it best!
I agree with others here, too. My white key tag is my favorite! And I would have picked up my 9 month keytag this month, but I haven't been going to many meetings, and really, the only one that does matter to me is the surrender keytag. Because I surrendered.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Cool

Just my silly 2-cents worth here.....my fave was my glow-in-the-dark one-year keytag.......

I used to keep my 24hr coin, or my first clean and serene keytag, or my most recent yearly coin (AA or NA) on my person, and pass on the old ones. But, it just got too tiring and confusing.....

I found a coin that I really luv.....on one side it's a sunburst and says.....: "This day my new life began" ----- and on the other side is my Clean/DOS.....waaaaaaaaay simpler and easier, and I'm all for simple and easy.

NoelleR