Notices

I got stoned....

Old 05-23-2009, 05:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Thumbs up I got stoned....

I Got Stoned....

My Sponser & I Parked the truck And was walking towards the church & up walks this dude & says "hey you guys,ya wanna get stoned? Here Man"....... & he holds out a closed fist & drops a couple of shiny stones in my hand They were "SERENITY STONES" ..Then the brother gives me a hug .. he's a "hugger" He & my Sponsor know each other & they both have a big laugh ..

I Went To My 1st big NA event outing this past weekend............ It Was a '"NA SPIRITAL RETREAT CAMPOUT"!!! What a awesome experience! I figured it was gonna be a small (picnic type of event) lol awwww how very wrong I was! my sponser diddent say too much.... As we rode to the destanation all I knew is we was going to..... a "all night meeting" and I would be gone for a night..
Ive been going to meetings like crazy latley...some days I May go to 3 or 4 meetings!(i mix it up AA/NA)
Ya Know I enjoy going to meetings with my sponser hes more like a friend..i do think you have to have the DESIRE to go! you have to WANT IT! You have to surround yourself with sober people...."hit your bottom" I learn something at every meeting i go to! i meen if you want to be sober you have to learn what the sober do how they live?... right?......lol

This event opened so many "DOORS" so to speak And ANSWERED many questions i had! It was bigger and more powerfull than any other meeting or gathering IVE EVER seen!! there was so much energy there!! Folks it was amazing! just to see something like 300 + ppl come together as brothers & sisters sharing their E,S,& H with one another was amazing....it was meetings all day long & they even had meetings that went all night!!! they called them "marathon campfire meetings" people were able to share!...and I mean "ReallY share " let down their guard & bare their soul .. ...... folks all i know is those were some special moments I'll never forget!!! The storys I heard was overwhelming yet so Exhilarating ..

I'm still high from it........ lol......can't wait till regionals!

TONY
AKA:MRPHREEZ
Old 05-23-2009, 06:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Optimist

Hi Tony,

Thanks for sharing your story. I've been reading your other thread. My husband is as we speak starting a three day detox, and they'll be starting him on Suboxone once the morphine wears off (his DOC was/is heroin, but his dealer recently got sent to jail, and "all he could get" yesterday was morphine.) So he's starting his own Sub journey...I'm so glad to hear it's working well for you.

Keep up the good work!

~Daisy
Old 05-23-2009, 06:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Originally Posted by Daisy09 View Post
Hi Tony,

Thanks for sharing your story. I've been reading your other thread. My husband is as we speak starting a three day detox, and they'll be starting him on Suboxone once the morphine wears off (his DOC was/is heroin, but his dealer recently got sent to jail, and "all he could get" yesterday was morphine.) So he's starting his own Sub journey...I'm so glad to hear it's working well for you.

Keep up the good work!

~Daisy

daisy welcome to soberrecovery

yes it has worked wonders and still is!
tell your boyfriend were waiting for him!
suboxone is the way to go in my opinon!
feel free to talk with me or ask any questions
i will do what i can!
talk to ya soon!
Old 09-03-2009, 09:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

I like this story i was reading my old threads and this came to my attention!~ i figured id repost it!` knock the dust off of it
Old 09-04-2009, 01:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

This had made me decide to go to our next AA get together. We have two campouts in August, kids allowed and all - and we actually go camping all the time anyway.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Tony...I gotta admit, the title of this thread had me a little worried. You're goofy, but I luv ya! LOL I didn't even pay attention to the date, but you're right...this one was definately worth re-posting.

Penny
Old 09-04-2009, 06:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Daisy...I hope your husband does well. I'm a recovering opiate/cocaine addict, 11 months clean. Before rehab, I was swallowing thirty, 10mg hydro or oxycodones each day just to keep from being dope sick. The Suboxone has really worked a miracle for me, as I was addicted and obsessed with those damn pill for more than ten years.
But, his recovery can't be only based on the Suboxone. He needs to change everything, and truly want to be clean, work a recovery plan and attend meetings. Without this, the suboxone will be just another pill.
Good luck to you both

Penny
Old 09-04-2009, 12:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I agree--worth a repost. I highly recommend conventions and camp-outs to newcomers. When I was brand-new a few months ago, my sponsor took me to my first convention, and it made a big difference in my recovery. It was kind of like a jump-start! If anyone has a half a chance to go, get your butt to a convention!

Love,
KJ
Old 09-04-2009, 12:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

LOL Tony I thought you relapsed! I gotta find me some of those.