Notices

Can someone explain the Sobriety Date?

Old 03-03-2012, 07:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I Am Burning ; I Will Rise

Question Can someone explain the Sobriety Date?

I'm wondering from what date and time you start counting from. Is it from when you last actually used? I've been counting from the following morning after a morning dose. I can't seem to find anything in it. Any help is nice, Thanks.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not a 12 stepper but I use the first day I was sober - that makes sense to me

D
Old 03-03-2012, 08:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
So it goes

Stopdropburn, I guess it is up to you and a date you feel comfortable with. For me, and it made sense for me, it was the first full day I was sober. I had had a bottle the previous day, I even know the time I finished that!
Going forward each sober day is more important than the day before, because today is when we have to think not to drink, we are ok with the days we have stacked up already
Old 03-03-2012, 08:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Stop...it is the first day of sobriety. I am going to try to keep this one since it is easy to remember. It was a Friday the 13th...in January. Hopefully I have no bad luck on that day in the future!
Old 03-03-2012, 08:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I count starting from the day I woke up clean and sober and didn't put anything else in my body.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do or do not. There is no try.

Our sobriety dates are just that, ours. It is up to each one in recovery to decide how and when it "counts." For me, I consider my last day using my sobriety date. That was the day I finally surrendered.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I Am Burning ; I Will Rise

Originally Posted by Tryin2Recover View Post
Our sobriety dates are just that, ours. It is up to each one in recovery to decide how and when it "counts." For me, I consider my last day using my sobriety date. That was the day I finally surrendered.
Good point. I guess it's based on each persons personal journey. I myself started counting from the time I woke up the morning after my last dose, which was an a.m. dose of 1mg, and I woke up feeling symptoms, so I know I was cleaning out. 12 days today, can't believe how much better I feel. Seems like increments of 4 days how I progressed, getting better more so with each block than each day.