Notices

oxicodone withdrawl question

Old 03-07-2012, 11:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

oxicodone withdrawl question

i have been taking oxicodone for anout 1 month now, first 2 weeks i took 1 pill everyother day 30mg pills, then i started 1 pill a day about 2 weeks ago.. i have skipped a day or 2 in bettween and seem i get a little tired and lazy but no withdrawl symptoms.. my question is if i quit now before i become addicted which i dont want, will i have withdrawl from the month i been taking ? ive only taken 1 pill a day max.. some days i took 1 and a half, never more tho..

thankyou
Old 03-07-2012, 11:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Tool...

I'm not sure what your situation is, are you on them for a reason or just recreational? If it is just for fun please please be very careful. When I started taking oxy I didn't get any withdrawal symptoms at first (you don't have to be taking them every day to start getting withdrawal symptoms)

Once I started to do them regularly every weekend I noticed every Monday I started to feel a bit weird, not very good, like a slight flu (trust me that feeling gets way worse) My advice to you is if you don't have to take them DON'T. You may think you can control it but feeling that good all the time will make it very hard to control.

I was addicted for over 2 years and I'm now in recovery, it has been a long and hard process to get here, I wish I could stop anyone about to go into an oxy addiction and just tell them don't do it.

It's up to you, but if you want examples, just go to the methadone/suboxone treatment link and read all of the posts from people who have been addicted to oxy, that might keep you away from it.

Take care and please be safe!

Olive
Old 03-07-2012, 11:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Old 03-07-2012, 12:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I Am Burning ; I Will Rise

Originally Posted by Olivia333 View Post
My advice to you is if you don't have to take them DON'T. You may think you can control it but feeling that good all the time will make it very hard to control.
Listen to the advice. Doesn't sound like it's for medical purposes really, but it was a little vague also. If you're using recreationally, be done with it....it was fun, you had a good time, now time to move on to better, REAL things in life that don't poison you for the money you work for. It only takes a few weeks or months to become an addict....and everyday use is what causes it. Regardless of the dose, I once took only took a single Lortab 10 a day for a while....it doesn't stay that way, I promise you. The best thing you can do for you and your body and life is STOP NOW before you are an addict - then you'll be saying "I wish I would've stopped before this was a problem - Can someone tell me how long this hell will last!?" - Don't do that to yourself. Be smart. It's so. SO not worth it. You will regret everyday that you "need" to take pills just to feel good or "normal". I hope you do what's right for you. Just look around this forum at all our stories, you don't really want to go through this do you? Best of luck.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

P.s. - Even if you went through a slight w/d for 2 or 3 days....wouldn't you rather that than wait until it will be worse than that? I hope so. You can beat it before it beats you! Good luck.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

All I can say is that you are most likely at a VERY critical point in your life.
STOP NOW!!!!! Because believe me when I say that one pill a day becomes 2. 2 Pills a day becomes 3, 3 becomes 4....
When you get to that point, you are SCREWED!

There is NO SUCH THING as a long term casual oxy user. Only addicts who cannot control their actions anymore until they run out of money, steal everything in site, and possible wind up in the penal system.

Stop now!
Old 03-07-2012, 08:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

They don't give oxy for once a day use it's more long term. This must be for recreation. Trust us you are playing with fire while being soaked in gasoline. If you don't need it throughout the day you don't need it.

Once you go through the pains of withdrawl you will understand why we all feel strong about it.

Don't get burnt!
Old 03-08-2012, 08:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by toolmanmitch View Post
my question is if i quit now before i become addicted which i dont want,
toolman: If you Don't Quit Now, your use will most definitely escalate, you will use because you have to just in order to feel "normal", the euphoria won't be there, and you will indeed be addicted.

Chances are right now you have your freedom, probably have a job, a place to live, maybe a little extra money. The oxys/roxys will eliminate all of that for you. Balls in your court.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm sure you've heard the expression "Chasing the Dragon"? That expression applies to oxy just as well as heroin. The two are one in the same. The only difference being one is from a plant and the other is from a lab.

When you first start using, you brain releases massive amounts of dopamine from your brain. As you continue to use, your brain cannot supply that dopamine like it did at first. Secondly, the narcotics begin slowly damaging those dopamine receptors. After you begin using regularly, you never feel the rush anymore and you have to take more and more of the drug just to feel NORMAL! At this point, people begin jumping to higher and higher doses or stronger drugs.

What "Chasing the Dragon" means is that a person who uses either drug alway gets a huge rush at first. That rush is the dragon. Once you begin using regularly, you NEVER can reach that rush you once had. Ergo, you will always be chasing the dragon yet never catch it. In the end, the dragon catches you and it is too late.

You WILL end up in a pit. Literally or figuratively - they are both the same and have very steep walls.

I would like to give you a stern warning. One that I do not make in jest or in boast. Everyone who starts down this past believes with all their being that they are stronger than the medications. Why is that? Well, at first your brain releases all that dopamine. That release is one of the most powerful experiences a person will have in their life. The dopamine gives the person a massive feeling of power, happiness, and even sexual like satisfaction.
This is one reason why narcs are called the big lie. Because you ARE being lied to about who good and important you feel when using - at first.
Now comes the second lie... Now that you've been using long enough (you're at the tipping point) you have to take more and more just to feel like you're normal. You want to stop but fear and panic sets in and you can't. At this point, most people continue using out of fear and desperation. You're brain is no longer the same as it once was and operates at the hand of this drug. It is only when you land in the pit is when your eyes finally open.

Now comes the third and biggest lie of them all...

You decide you've had enough and you go through the W/D in an attempt to become sober. You spends days or weeks going through an absolute hell ride of which you want to die every minute of every day. But somehow you make it through and begin returning to your old natural self.
Say you beat the demon and go 2 weeks, 2 months, or 2 years without using.
You're now at the point where you are free from the dragon. But something odd happens to you. In your mind, you miss that old rush but somehow forget the pain. In your mind you believe that you were so strong to quit, you're now strong enough to use again.
***Only this time you can do it AND beat it! Yes, I strong enough to beat it this time!!!!!!!!
So you take a couple on weekend and have so much fun! Dang! That's the old rush I remember! Then you take a couple more the next weekend. WoW! THat was a slammin good time. Monday morning you wake up and feel like cr@p so one won't hurt to get us through the morning. Damn! It's 2PM and I need to feel better so I can get my stuff done so you take another. Tuesday is the same as monday. Wednesday though, you have to take 4 pills instead of 2 and by next Saturday you have to take 6 pills instead of 4.
Guess where you are?
THat's why it's called the biggest lie ever told.

If you believe you are stronger than the drug... What makes you believe that you are the only person in the world who has that kind of Supernatural strength?
Old 03-08-2012, 01:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

ok i want to thank you all or the info and i promise this is the end of my pill run, yes i was doing it for recreational purpose... yes the one pill a day dont do it any more,
i have taken my last 2 pills and split them in half, took half a day for 4 days, today is the last and end of my pills.. tommrow is friday i should make it through the day ok..
and the weekend i will spend recovering, i dont think my w/d will be to bad since i didint take but 1 pill a day, but who knows...
i am done for good now, i dont know how it happened like everyone else says... thank god i cought it early and i can stop... i am a single parent and have 4 children, a house and a bussiness to run, this definitly isint going to ruin my life as it has done for many so im out...
i will post a message over the next few days to let you guys know how my w'/d symptoms go.. wish me luck..

again thank you people for the info and advise on this matter..
Old 03-08-2012, 02:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by toolmanmitch View Post
ok i want to thank you all or the info and i promise this is the end of my pill run, yes i was doing it for recreational purpose... yes the one pill a day dont do it any more,
i have taken my last 2 pills and split them in half, took half a day for 4 days, today is the last and end of my pills.. tommrow is friday i should make it through the day ok..
and the weekend i will spend recovering, i dont think my w/d will be to bad since i didint take but 1 pill a day, but who knows...
i am done for good now, i dont know how it happened like everyone else says... thank god i cought it early and i can stop... i am a single parent and have 4 children, a house and a bussiness to run, this definitly isint going to ruin my life as it has done for many so im out...
i will post a message over the next few days to let you guys know how my w'/d symptoms go.. wish me luck..

again thank you people for the info and advise on this matter..
That is so AWESOME to hear!!

You are smart to stop before it really is a problem, especially with all those responsibilities, I have two kids myself, I know how it is. You may feel a slight w/d for a day or two, though I can't imagine bad or long at all.....

I hope you stick around the site though for encouragement and inspiration....I'd hate to see that you allowed yourself to fall back into that pattern in a few weeks or months. Stay on the right path!!! Great job and good luck!
Old 03-08-2012, 02:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Very smart of you to stop now before for the weight of hell rains down on you!
Old 03-09-2012, 07:07 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

ok guys its been 24hrs since my last pill intake, i feel completely fine now, tho i do feel a little tired and lazy, i guess the worst will come in the next day or 2 if any at all...
wish me luck...
Old 03-09-2012, 07:09 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

i have also deleted the phone numbers to the people who were supplying me with pills, and dont plan on calling them again..
Old 03-09-2012, 07:32 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

@tool Sounds good to hear. Sometimes Day 1 isn't so bad, then you feel a bit more on Days 2 and 3....but there's no guarantee that is going to happen to you. Even if it does though, you can handle it. People sit through violent w/d for days and days when they've been on hard and heavy opiates. First time I relapsed I was 12 days clean after being on 10-15 tabs a day.....at the time I relapsed because I didn't want to be done, I just couldn't get my drugs....but the w/d were pretty bad for a few days, I was like 22 at the time.....but it was possible, very possible. You can push past whatever comes at you, just think how good it will feel to not need a drug to function anymore! Way to go!
Old 03-09-2012, 07:39 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

If you were only using for a month... I think you'll be just fine.
Sure, you may feel a little lazy but if that's all you feel... You did good by not getting too far out. Trust us all when we tell you that stopping now is the best thing you could do for yourself!
There are those of us who have chronic pain as using these meds are not a choice. Even then, we cannot use for very long.
The recreational user is another story entirely.

By doing what you did may have saved your life, your family, and your future. God speed.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:41 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

toolman, just a thought: How about changing your phone number? My AS had to do that one time. He was allegedly trying to quit but those dope boys needed to sell their products and they were as persistent as telemarkerters.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:54 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KuanYin View Post
toolman, just a thought: How about changing your phone number? My AS had to do that one time. He was allegedly trying to quit but those dope boys needed to sell their products and they were as persistent as telemarkerters.
i run my bussiness with my cell phone, so doing this would not be an option, but i talked to my dealer, and he understands i have a family and stuff... he will not call me to sell, unless i call him of course... so i should be ok as far as this issue goes..
Old 03-09-2012, 07:56 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stopdropburn View Post
@tool Sounds good to hear. Sometimes Day 1 isn't so bad, then you feel a bit more on Days 2 and 3....but there's no guarantee that is going to happen to you. Even if it does though, you can handle it. People sit through violent w/d for days and days when they've been on hard and heavy opiates. First time I relapsed I was 12 days clean after being on 10-15 tabs a day.....at the time I relapsed because I didn't want to be done, I just couldn't get my drugs....but the w/d were pretty bad for a few days, I was like 22 at the time.....but it was possible, very possible. You can push past whatever comes at you, just think how good it will feel to not need a drug to function anymore! Way to go!

i couldnt amagine being on 12-15 pills aday, i thought 2 was bad....
Old 03-09-2012, 08:04 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Oh yeah, that 1 or 2 will turn into ten a day within 2 months. By then you've gone through any savings you have, then selling stuff, then stealing sometimes.