Notices

Recovery Tattoos!

Old 08-04-2009, 02:28 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Emimily View Post
i would steer clear of tattooing your clean date, but that's just because of my friend matt who has his first date on his left tricep... which isn't his REAL date, but is a daily reminder of what he lost. so yeah.

i have an om on the inside of my left forearm. i got it on my first anniversary. i like it. my sponsee has "faith" on her right wrist. she likes it. tattoos are great.
For me, that is exactly WHY I WOULD tat my clean date on. To remind me of what I could lose at any moment, and should I fall, what I have lost. I mean, people get their lost loved one's names and such tattooed on them to remember them by and what they have lost.
For me, I am darned proud of having 6 months and one day clean. My 6 months was yesterday. If I had it tattooed on me and I did fall, I would be reminded, also, of the times that I DID go without picking up. Through the hard times AND the good ones. It's not been an easy road, but I would not change a thing...
I honestly love the tattoo. It's really turned out nicely, and I cannot wait to add on to it, whether it be the black light ink, clean date, more words or sayings, or even a picture of something I love dear. I am saving up my money in my bank account. And THAT is such a wonderful thing to be able to say, once again, after wasting nearly 2 years chasing the crack train....
Thank you, so much for the stories, ideas, and for sharing what kind of tattoos you have.. I would love to see them all in person! LOL
Old 08-04-2009, 02:58 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SteppingItUp View Post
Quack, I'm glad you chose something you're so happy with.

I must be the most boring on the board! No tattoos and 1 piercing on each ear. Like an innocent!

SIU counts 2 ears and... ::gasp!:: Teehee.
Na I have no piercings or tattoos.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:06 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

I got my first tattoo on my 40th bday. I had about 60 days sober. I got a big tree of life on my upper back. It was to symbolize my new life, new growth, etc. It is a tree that no one else has cause I found it after months of searching. It was an unknown Australian artists rendition. Very feminine. I love it!
I was going to have To Thine Own Self Be True tattoed under it but after 3 1/2 hours of being stabbed, I had had enough. Maybe someday i will do that, lol.
But I love it and it reminds me of the new life I have gained. What a blessing!
Old 08-04-2009, 03:13 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

i got death on my right shoulder

things u do when yr 14 lol

seemed like a good idea at the time.potent portent
Old 08-04-2009, 03:30 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Yeah I have a few. Full sleeve on left arm ... full lower leg on RHS ... A koi fish over the side of my rib cage ... "Strength" and "Courage" in japanese on my stomach (got these after I cleaned up the 1st time - Im trying to draw some strength from them right now ... ) ... but my biggest is a full back job done with traditional bamboo - its a big japanese Kabuki mask that covers my entire back.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:36 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

its the personification of pretentious sh.t at the end of the day huh??
im (insert) all worship me

dam,grew,or growin out of that at 15