SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Substance Abuse (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/)
-   -   First Step worksheets or exercises? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/180195-first-step-worksheets-exercises.html)

Stagebear 07-11-2009 03:37 AM

First Step worksheets or exercises?

Hey, there:
I'm looking to hook up my young friend with a 1st step worksheet or writing exercise. Anyone have any online sources?

tommyk 07-11-2009 06:04 AM

Yup. ;)

I've got a suggestion on what I feel is the ultimate premier step working guide:

The Narcotics Anonymous Step Working Guides, Softcover, 124 pages

Hazelden -- The Narcotics Anonymous Step Working Guides

This workbook presents questions to the reader in an introspective manner. This workbook is solid gold for a sponsor because it encourages the sponsee to really work the steps. I swear by its effectiveness and at $8 its a steal.

I buy the books and give them to newcomers I feel will use it.

tyler 07-11-2009 06:25 AM

I agree, this is an excellent workbook. I probably should put it to more use!!:c033:

SteppingItUp 07-11-2009 10:32 AM

Hey Bear, good on you.

I can provide you with the links to a few different options. The first is a step guide that was available well before the NAWS approved versions were published. The second is another tried and tested guide to the first three steps called the Allentown Guide. It might be the most Spartan of the options, and it doesn't include the process for all 12 steps, but I have a trusted friend with 18 years clean who highly recommends it as a guide that sticks most stringently to the core meaning of the steps. The third is NAWS approved.

Before the NAWS approved step guide was published
Step Guides

Allentown Guide
Step Guide

NAWS Step Guide
louisville real estate hotel apartment at nalouisville.com

tyler 07-11-2009 11:25 AM

Bad link for the NAWS Step guide!!

Here's one I found
Step Study Guide

emmer 07-11-2009 11:32 AM

I have the questions to step one in a file I can send you D, but only for NA.

SteppingItUp 07-11-2009 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by tyler (Post 2292935)
Bad link for the NAWS Step guide!!

Here's one I found
Step Study Guide

Well, that was weird. I don't know if it was a typo or if something about the link converted strangely, but I'll try pasting it again here. I've just tried editing it for correction, but I can't get on the edit feature. Your link leads to the same thing I was sharing.

Step Guides

SteppingItUp 07-11-2009 12:39 PM

(okay it looks like this time i posted the first link again. ignore. editing feature is off again. in any case, tyler posted the same content for the NAWS step guide link i was trying to post, so it's here in the thread.)

Stagebear 07-11-2009 01:49 PM

Although we're working an AA program, his primary DOC was opiates, so NAWS step guides will help! Thanks everyone!
Joe, I'll PM you my email addy...or you can send it through my profile page.

Wolfchild 07-11-2009 01:50 PM

Here are a couple i have found useful;

12Step.org for Sobriety, Strength and Serenity

12 Steps | Narcotics Anonymous

Thank you for being helpful to that newcomer!!

tyler 07-11-2009 08:44 PM

I'd still recomend the NA step guide. It doesn't cost that much and is available at most meetings or I'm sure you can find it online for under 10 bucks. It is a nice booklet and really helps work the steps. You can probably find it on Amazon for even less. Take care.

Wolfchild 07-12-2009 08:18 PM

Just in case anyone would like to hear A.A. speakers sharing their
experience, strength, & hope on the 12 Steps from the Big Book...

Big Book Step Study