Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

Something's really bothering me about my NA meeting...

Notices

Something's really bothering me about my NA meeting...

Old 04-20-2009, 01:54 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

PENNY I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING I HAD TO LOOK AROUND TO FIND THE RIGHT MEETING!` YOU WILL KNOW WHEN YOU FIND IT!~ MAYBE YOU SHOULD GIVE IT ANOTHER TRY? I THINK YOU WILL BE FINE I HAVE FAITH IN YOU!~
Old 03-31-2019, 10:52 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Honestly, I'm a single mother. I just moved to a new city 6 months ago, and the past 6 months were spent in a treatment facility for recovering mothers and their children. I have no family out here, nor do I know anyone. Those of you who disagree with children being in the rooms need to check their privledge. What do you expect people like me to do? In order to stay clean I need to go to meetings, what am I supposed to do with my kids? I have no choice but to bring them. So maybe think about that next time you want to judge.

with that being said, misbehaving children in a meeting is NOT acceptable. I control my kids and bring activities and snacks to keep them occupied. If they do get out of control, we leave.
Old 04-01-2019, 02:41 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

1 ask for feedback, cuz there is no crosstalk.

2 change it up and go to a different meeting the directory is readily available. Maybe try a closed meeting which are for addicts only. I'm in NA and have a home group, but tonight ima check out a hardcore AA group and see whatsup. Same thing cuz drug addicts go there too. Oh and I also was an alchoholic