Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

40 days off opiates now and feeling a bit better

Notices

Old 11-20-2008, 01:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Man, what a month. Its 40 days now and feeling a bit better. man, that panic chit got old, but, Im making it though. I think some of my problems mentally were from the klonopin. Im down to .5 a night. going to dump that chit in a few days. I really thought I was going to die. ive never been through anything like this. I thought I was going to end up in a psch ward a few days. Just kept praying and praying. What a f__cked up drug. Makes you feel good and then BAMM!!!!!, it tries to take your life. Ive been to three NA meetings and like them. Ive just been so depressed that I havnt left the house much. Im making myself get out at least to take a walk. Things are getting better. Thank God.

Thanks for all your support.

Love,
Michael
Old 11-20-2008, 03:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

40 days before you feel a bit better, huh? That's a looooong time - well done for sticking it out. How did you get through your really bad days?
Old 11-20-2008, 04:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That was a very honest assessment of how it goes. I commend you on sticking it out. Keep going to the meetings. That'll help even more.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations

Way to go. Congratulations on getting where you are today. I am so very happy for you and wish you all the best as you enjoy your new life!!!

I have been prescribed clonidine for anxiety. I start on sat. I am very nervous about taking it but I am more nervous about the mountain of anxiety that I know if right around the corner.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Spica View Post
Way to go. Congratulations on getting where you are today. I am so very happy for you and wish you all the best as you enjoy your new life!!!

I have been prescribed clonidine for anxiety. I start on sat. I am very nervous about taking it but I am more nervous about the mountain of anxiety that I know if right around the corner.
Why for the anxiety right around the corner? Are you getting ready to come off something? If so, I'll be praying for you.

Love,
Michael
Old 11-28-2008, 10:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

45 days now and feeling alot better. I think the benzos were making me sick. Ive got them stabilized and now Im tapering off them. Ive had 4 good days. Amen. Thanks for all your support.

Love,
Michael
Old 11-29-2008, 02:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Well done Michael. Nice to know things get better!! Plod, plod!!
Old 11-29-2008, 05:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey Michael. When you first posted about the opiates, and then mentioned the benzos, I had a feeling they were probably more of the problem than the opiates. I mean, opiates will for sure, make you feel like you want to hammer a nail into your eye from feeling sick, but your lingering panic symptoms were a lot, even for post acute withdrawal.

I'm glad you're feeling better.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

feeeling better and better with every passing day. Amen

Love ya all, This website has done me so much good. Reading all the post and talking with others.

Michael
Old 11-29-2008, 07:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Michael you have been such an inspiration to me. Coming off of opiates itself is so damn hard but the benzos on top of it? I don't know if I could do that myself. I just wanted to let you know how proud of you I am. I hope that your wife has given you some extra special lovin' cuz you deserve it!!!

Keep truckin along!
Old 11-29-2008, 08:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks alot madriley. Im still on the benzos, but only 1/2 mg a day. im tapering off them. Got to do it slow. Also off the booze.. WHO HOO!! Cant wait to be off the benzos. Probably going to be about a month or so to completly get off them though.

Wife had dental surgey last Friday and isnt feeling real good and thats a bummer, cause I dont like seeing her in pain. As for the loving, I can hold out until she feels better. Shes an awesome woman. Took care of me when I was sicker then chit. Man, I had a bad WD. Thanks all of you for the prayers.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Howdy everybody. Ite been 10 months with no lortabs or narcotics, four months no benzos and approx one month no booze. I messed up and had some drinks for a month or so.

Im still having some issues from the benzos. Man, they are a bread of there own. I have ringing in ears and get lathargic. I dont have aniexty, Thank GoD

Anyhow, just wanted to givve y'all an update and hope y'all are doing great.

Michael
Old 08-20-2009, 10:43 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Finally Honest

Good Job Michael!!!
Old 08-23-2009, 05:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

good job!
Old 08-23-2009, 06:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Way to go!! keep it up
Old 11-12-2009, 10:38 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by michael35209 View Post
Howdy everybody. Ite been 10 months with no lortabs or narcotics, four months no benzos and approx one month no booze. I messed up and had some drinks for a month or so.

Im still having some issues from the benzos. Man, they are a bread of there own. I have ringing in ears and get lathargic. I dont have aniexty, Thank GoD

Anyhow, just wanted to givve y'all an update and hope y'all are doing great.

Michael
How you doing? Removing the alcohol must have been quite an attack on your system as it was replacing the benzos. My guess is that removing the alcohol really kicked up the benzo withdrawals.

Feel well and post if you can.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:15 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

14 months no narcotics and 8 months no benzos.

I have struggled a bit with the alcohol and whenever I drink, I am playing with fire, cause it gets the symptoms from the benzos going again. Im 30 days off the booze as of today and Im feeling pretty darn good. I still have ringing in my ears, however, no panic, aniexty and all the hundreds of other symptoms the benzos gave me.

Just wanted to give an update and I hope all that are still struggling find some relief.

Hanging in there,
Michael
Old 12-26-2009, 06:50 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

good job