SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Substance Abuse (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/)
-   -   track mark question? (scar) (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/154014-track-mark-question-scar.html)

canuhearme 07-19-2008 06:55 AM

track mark question? (scar)

Hey guys. I've been clean for around 3 months now :bounce but I still have these patches of dark skin around the injection sites on my arms. It's not really noticeable to anybody other than myself but I still hate it. My AH had bad scars on his arms and this looks nothing like his, just a very slight color change that you would think a day in the sun would cover up, but it doesn't, the dark spots just get darker, but still noticeable to only me.
Have any past IV users seen this before? Do you think it'll fade like other scars or is this my life long battle scar?

Lbad 07-19-2008 07:14 AM

These are my arms almost 6 years post last shooting dope..... I am just grateful I didn't lose my arms...
I hated it to for a long time until I realized I was alive didn't have HIV or HEP C and I still had arms and hands....
"ah ha moment" gratitude, that I somehow had survived the battle with heroin and the needle......
Who care what my arms look like... I am alive and so many dead.
I wear short sleeves everywhere and if someone asks I say, "It was an accident" It was too, I did not do this to myself on purpose.....

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...r/100_2755.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...r/100_2754.jpg

canuhearme 07-19-2008 08:05 AM

I'm sorry Lbad, kind of makes me feel bad for whining over a couple dark spots. I Didn't think they'd show up on the computer but they do, so here they are. Do you think these will go away? I'm very glad to be alive and have my limbs too. I'm also glad I stopped when I did. I've been having a real tough time staying clean the past few days, and I can't thank you enough for those pictures. A good slap saying "Here's whats next" A fresh breath and another reason never to stick a needle in my arm again!!! Thank you!!!!!
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...pictureid=2196http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...pictureid=2195

windysan 07-19-2008 08:11 AM

Not even noticeable. Don't sweat it. Did I spell noticeable correctly??

canuhearme 07-19-2008 08:14 AM

I hope so since that's how I spelled it!!!

canuhearme 07-19-2008 08:18 AM

I guess I'm not really sweating it, it's just a reminder and reminders tend to be triggers for me... Sad but every vein I see is a trigger. I think maybe we might have just fixed that little problem.

Lbad 07-19-2008 08:18 AM

((canuhearme)) I think your arms are beautiful and that they will heal completly.... :)

I still, sometimes, when I see really good veins on someone say, "wow!" lol... It gets better though.. I promise...

canuhearme 07-19-2008 08:28 AM

((Lbad)) I think you are beautiful~ if I could hug you I would. :hug
I love SR more and more all the time, the people here have saved my life on many occasions and I think to day you were one of them.
~Humbled

Jane63 07-19-2008 08:53 AM

And here I've been complaining about the huge bruise the stoopid nurse made when I had to have the IV in the ER last week!
I am so sorry...((CAN)) I agree with the others though...your arms look fine to me!
LBad...Have you tried any of the scar relief ointments on the market nowdays? I'm not sure of the names but you might look into it. Also, I've heard gentle daily massage of the area is good too...it's doesn't cost a thing so maybe you could try?!!
((HUGS))
Jane

ex D-Boy 07-19-2008 09:41 AM

your arms look fine canuhear no permanent damage or any of that, i actually don't see anything wrong with your arms at all i dunno?.... glad about the 3 months clean hope your feeling better and reeking the benefits of sobriety. stay safe ~~

dancinggirl 07-19-2008 09:43 AM

I don't see any scars at all! ???

whiskerkissed 07-19-2008 09:59 AM

Honey...unless you place an arrow in the and show me where it is...I don't see anything. You're beautiful...and very lucky...:-)

canuhearme 07-19-2008 10:16 AM

Thanks guys, I'll pass on arrows :) No need to point it out at this point. I feel SOOOOO much better now, the fact is I see them in those pictures even bolder than I do on my arms :) but like I said not really scars just darker skin! Maybe I just need to work on my self image :) And you know what, I am!! I've got a new pep in my step. I've been curled up in PJ's for a few days, and decided a while ago to get dressed fix my hair dawn some make-up and just smile. "I'm clean today, I'm in recovery, and to total it all up I'm OK.

hairgirl 07-19-2008 10:48 AM

I was a IV coke user and I have scars, but they are clear now.It has been almost four years.In time scars will fade.Try some fading cream.

canuhearme 07-19-2008 11:01 AM

I think mine are cause because while I preferred powder, it was very hard to get most of the time. I was stuck with crack and lemon juice. I knew how bad that was but you know the addict just didn't care.

Shaw 07-19-2008 11:12 AM

I don't want to offend anyone... But I got to reading this thread a little bit. And I was just wondering how everyone's first injection came about? I haven't messed with it before but actually recently my cousin had pulled out a mini bag and snorted it. Ever since then something in the back of my head tells me to "just try it, don't inject, just snort it, see what it's like, then don't do it again.." I have NO clue why thoughts like this come about but I'm glad it's nothing I would consider making a reality..

canuhearme 07-19-2008 11:22 AM

Shaw, can I smack you? DON'T do it! I'll try to answer this with out blowing my top. Because that's what I feel like doing when I hear somebody even thinking about it. It starts just like that, I'll TRY it, and never again, then it has you. Don't make the mistake of thinking you can play with fire and come back without any burns.

Read through these pages get a good feel for how hard we struggle. I see your title is Succeeds at failing! Guess what, this road will bring new meaning to failure. I don't care who you are or what your problems this will make it so much worse.

Good grief, I'm freaking crying...

windysan 07-19-2008 11:36 AM

Shaw, dude, keep it only as a thought and don't act on it. Then try to get the thought outta yer haid.

canuhearme 07-19-2008 11:46 AM

Or better yet, read through these pages and take not of how many people post a couple times saying "help I think I'm addicted....." then we never hear from them again, I'd bet money that 95% of them didn't just get better.

whiskerkissed 07-19-2008 12:30 PM

Good Grief Shaw!! So don't go there!! I came very close to going IV...had even helped others with their rigs. It ain't pretty...it ain't any semblance of fun...and you don't just "do it once". THAT is a fast track to nowhere!! Pull your toes away from the track!!