SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Substance Abuse (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/)
-   -   How long does Tramadol stay in your system and is it shown on drug test (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/146860-how-long-does-tramadol-stay-your-system-shown-drug-test.html)

angela1977 03-25-2008 03:52 PM

How long does Tramadol stay in your system and is it shown on drug test

Hello to all i'm Angela, after hard struggle in the past with this type of the opiate, i had a hard surgery and i was prescriped to take them again, what was very very hard for me to accept it, i warned my doctor about my past but he prescribed it for short time, i've been taking them for 10 days and 4 days left.The problem is that next week my boss is making drug test, and i was wondering is tramadol shown on the the test,and how long it stays in the system.Can they find trace of it? I will stop the medication because i'm worried about this.And i'm curious if i can clean somehow from my system.
I browsed on this messageboard and read that it' wont show up, so ur advice would be good.

Thanks for your help.
Angela

Latte 03-25-2008 04:44 PM

I don't know about drug testing and Tramadol, but I do know that if you notify your employer that you are taking medication perscribed by a doctor and what that medication is.

I've been in the military and my husband has also. He has had to take narcotics after back surgery and "passed" his drug test during this time because his employer was informed and in his case, had his medical record.

Keep the lines of communication open. I hope you heal quickly.

hopefully tryin 03-25-2008 04:55 PM

Hey ,
I can tell you from first hand experience that tramadol will NOT show up! BUT if you have a valid recent RX and anything does show up, the lab will call you 1st and ask for your rx # and pharm name & #, ect before they send results to your employer. You dont even need to tell your boss because the lab report will show as "passed" to them with no comment on anything showing up. NOW that again is if you have a rx will all the info, it will all be done over the phone and over with in about 3-4 days
Good Luck

angela1977 03-25-2008 06:59 PM

hey thanks for your replies, appreciated a lot!
Need to check for my rx list in case anything happen..
but it relief me, the fact that is not show up.
Other, opinions and experiences are welcome.

Thanks again
Angela

Pete The Addict 03-25-2008 09:40 PM

tramadol technically isnt even a controlled substance in the US, yet.

Latte 03-25-2008 10:12 PM

Tramadol can still be dangerous in high doses or mixed with some antidepressants.

There are some other posters on here who have some stories about it. I've taken it, but after reading stories I refuse it when offered. JMHO

Pete The Addict 03-25-2008 10:18 PM

oh im not trying to downplay the danger behind tramadol in no way. I know its addicting, nasty stuff in the hands of an addict.

Latte 03-25-2008 10:22 PM

I wasn't trying to say you were. I was just making a statement. I should have made that more clear Pete.

I'm glad to see you one this thread. I feel like such a newbie to this.

ccgirl2 03-26-2008 04:32 AM

Your employer must know you had surgery so you should be Ok. If you're not in much pain anymore, I suggest flushing the rest of the tramadol and switch to ibuprofen at this point.

angela1977 03-28-2008 05:14 AM

hey, i wasnt able to sit down on my pc, from the withdrawal.last 2 days were very bad for me,fever bodyshaking, sweating a lot.
The weardest thing is ive been takking them for only for 10 days in this session, i havent got this problem with this in the past when i was addict

emack321 03-28-2008 05:48 AM

Tramadol

Hi

Tramadol isn't an opiate. But if you were taking opiates, it takes three days clean for a drug test to be negative.

I know this because I worked with addicts for years in a detox center.

And, as a P.S., it amazes me how little most doctors know about addiction.

ccgirl2 03-28-2008 11:16 AM

Angela, I guess it could have been w/d; it sounds like it could have been an infection or virus too. Did you go to the doctor? ten days doesn't seem long enough to get that dope sick, but hey, I'm not doctor. I'm glad you're feeling well enough to be back.

TiredMama 03-28-2008 04:03 PM

Tramadol w/d's are nothing to play around with. They are brutal. :(

saske45 12-11-2011 01:49 AM

Will i pass a test for tramadol

Im going to the marines, feb 17th is my ship off date to paris island, nc. I went to the er for a tooth ache yesterday and they gave me 10 tramadols... on december 27th i have to go down to lousville, ky and get sworn in and probably take a drug test down there....ive been working on becoming a marine my hole life and I was wondering if anyone knew if id fail a drug test for tramadol. its 12/11/2011 now and my drug test is more than likely on 12/27/11. does anyone know if ill fail it or even if the military will check for tramadol...and if it matters if it was prescribed to me.

FT 12-11-2011 02:18 AM

Legitimate prescriptions for pain medication are just that -- legitimate. I would get a doctor note now, better still a letter. You will likely test clean by then, and a backup letter will make you feel better. I don't think you have to worry.

FT