SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Substance Abuse (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/)
-   -   can i do this alone. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/146376-can-i-do-alone.html)

oNeWiThEWiNd 03-18-2008 11:14 PM

can i do this alone.

is it possible to actually do this alone. I have somewhat of a scedule that i abide by for using. I was able to do three days and went back. I dunno where to find resources toget outside help. do I need it? I cut friends who use often and influence it. Im really trying i wanna be better :(

Aysha 03-19-2008 12:21 AM

In my experience It is very very rare for someone to do it alone. Although it has been done.
It all depends on you I guess.
I know I cant do it by myself.
I look for support here ..my family..recently NA and anyone else willing to give a stubborn addict a shot.
Good Luck.

2ala2 03-19-2008 02:28 AM

Hello Wind
In my experience, it is not at all possible to do it alone. Stop setting yourself up to fail. Go to a NA meeting today. You will find answers to all your questions.
Ask for help, face to face. It's the only way.
Keep posting and welcome!

ccgirl2 03-19-2008 04:24 AM

I truly believe, getting clean, as well as many of life's other serious problems can best be helped with a helping hand. I don't believe it's possible to do it alone.

windysan 03-19-2008 05:53 AM

Some can do it alone. I couldn't. I sucked at it. Are we talking opiates, benzos, crank.......a combination of things?

Noah 03-19-2008 06:27 AM

The first time I quit H I did it alone, but it was very hard and I relapsed 5 months later. The second time I had help and it was a bit easier.

Noah

Freedom1990 03-19-2008 06:38 AM

"Can I do it alone?"

Why walk when you can run, my friend? :)

best 03-19-2008 07:00 AM

Why work so hard when you can work smart.

I can push a 300 lb rock a few inches but I would be out of energy when done.
If one or two others give me a hand... we can move mountains and grow in our strength together.

best 03-19-2008 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 (Post 1712606)
"Can I do it alone?"

Why walk when you can run, my friend? :)

Foor some that could be...
Why crawl when you can run.

warrens 03-19-2008 07:05 AM

Welcome!

I believe all things are possible. That does not make them preferrable or even smart. why focus on the excptions and do what will maximize your chances? Do you wish for a "miracle" or are you willing to make a solid plan?

You can build a house with a few hand tools, I suppose, but not one that I would wish to live in.

warrens

Dean62 03-19-2008 08:39 AM

Hi Windy, you have some great answers here. So what do you think? Is there one answer here enough alone or do you prefer all of the answers here together?

I'm glad to see you taking the first step by reaching out. :ghug3

oNeWiThEWiNd 03-23-2008 04:37 AM

I appreciate all the support. I relapsed after 3 days. Im brushing myslef off and I did a search to find some na meetings in my area. I really have a depiction of how i want my life to be and im gonna try and do it again. I appreciate all the help on this forum. Thankyou.