Notices

How long does this last? Opiate withdrawal...

Old 03-12-2008, 04:34 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Simmion, how are you?
Old 03-12-2008, 11:32 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Ok, I suppose. I got really sick with a systemic infection. I ended up spending some time in the hospital. Withdrawals are gone, still dream about pills though. Right now I am just tired ALL-THE-TIME. I am taking half a Centrum and a vitamin B complex supplement. I sleep a lot, ~10hrs a night. Taking very high-powered antibiotics that just strip me dry. So I still get to feel sick as he11 at least twice a day. Ears are filled with fluid.

Still clean though. Half way through week 3.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:59 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I am sorry you are so sick but I am glad you are staying clean through it all. I know it is so tough Hang in there!
Old 03-12-2008, 11:40 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Waiting For Engines

Simmion and papdugi369....

Please know that my thoughts and love are with you both as kicking this $hit cold turkey is very painful. I just admire your efforts.

Simmion, keep on posting and timing your withdrawal days. It is definitely going to get better since you are on th verge of a two week abstinance

My own experience mirrors TiredMama's experience with detoxing. Don't think about the full recovery of what may take a month or so. Dude, you are doing it and working it out of your body!
Old 07-29-2009, 07:56 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
dtx

i'm detoxing off oxycontin & oxycodone with methadone

and i'm still shaky, cold, sweaty, and diahrea. i know this lasted 2 weeks before i started methadone berfore. how long will this last? na people have been really nice. i've been to 3 meetings in 3 days. i recommend it. you can just listen. i don't talk yet.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:28 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

DTX...welcome to SR. Please start your own thread so you can get the support you need right now. If you don't know how let me know and I will start one for u. Hang in there sweets!
Old 07-29-2009, 08:40 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

welcome dtx ... what exactly have you been taking recently, how much, and how long have you been continuously on opioids of some kind, etc ... that would help me gauge the time frame you're looking at.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:37 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
On The Road to Recovery!

I will be right there with you this weekend. Hang tough!
Old 07-31-2009, 04:27 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

good work

Really simmion going on three weeks is huge, I will go out on a limb amd say you may have turned the corner toward being yourself again...for me, its about two solid weeks of hell, and then a slow healing. At this point, i would not exoect to get much better day by day, but expect dramatic improvements that come evry three of four days. I know a little about opiate detox, as I have done it and almost done it a thousands times.I am at a stage where almost wont cut it this time, so perhaops we can meet this struggle together. I live in CT, and have just began a medication and counseking regimen about a monhn ago,
Physicaly i am sympyom free, but the mental battle rages on!
Old 08-07-2009, 04:44 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

wow 3 weeks?? iam goin through the same thing but i sure dont hope it last 3 weeks. good job man hang in there. my problem is the pills are still around and i would like to ween my self off but i dont know if its a good idea. well iam on day 2 i feel like a zombie but iam sticking it out!!
Old 08-08-2009, 07:59 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Simmion, glad to hear your getting clean, but sorry to hear that your so sick. Take care of yourself. I'm glad you went to the hospital. You sounded like you could use the medical attention. I was an opiate addict for 10 years. I got clean in May 5 years ago. The first 90 days were wicked. I wanted the pills. But, I didn't do it. I really wanted to get off of that stuff, and I stuck to my guns. The first year I was very weak, and not really functioning properly. But then I went back to normal. It takes the brain a while to recover from opiate addiction. Every one is different, depending on age, and severity of addiction. Give your brain and body time to heal. It can be done. I am living proof. I took 30 vicodins a day for years, and now I have been clean for 5 years. Totally 100% drug free and proud of it. Welcome to recovery and the freedom from addiction. You deserve to live your best life. Hang in there.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:41 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Timebuster pointed out this is a popular thread. Thought I'd bump it for people new to the place...
Old 08-10-2009, 11:16 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Never before in the history of our country have we seen such an epidemic of people addicted to pain pills. The proof is in the pudding …

Ivan
Old 08-10-2009, 08:18 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Timebuster, Truer words were never spoken. Opiate addiction is a major epidemic. Sure hope the government cracks down on the heroin, and opiate supply in America, and does something about it. It's sad to see so many people suffering so much.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:47 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Originally Posted by Angelic17 View Post
Timebuster, Truer words were never spoken. Opiate addiction is a major epidemic. Sure hope the government cracks down on the heroin, and opiate supply in America, and does something about it. It's sad to see so many people suffering so much.
Me to Angelic…

I seen enough pain and suffering in my lifetime.

Ivan
Old 08-12-2009, 05:28 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

it took me a about a week to get off codeine.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:22 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Angelic17 View Post
Unfortunately, that is an unlikely prospect.

The pharmaceutical companies (who basically OWN a significant percentage of our congress-critters) are making a fortune off of all us addicts.

Not to mention ... it's not a coincidence that various governments of the world have historically lined up to control what goes on in Afghanistan (and by extension, a significant majority of the world's opium supply). And at the moment, that happens to be the US government.

Put it this way ... if anyone here actually buys that we are (or ever were) in Afghanistan because o' the terra-ists ... I've got a really nice bridge I'd like you to have a look at ... cause the plans to attack Afghanistan were on Bush's desk on September 9, 2001, waiting to be signed

And don't even get me started on the private, for-profit Prison system in this country ...
Old 08-12-2009, 12:52 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I'm sad that Alan Keyes didn;t get in. Now there's a man who aint afraid to tell the truth

Unfortunetly, Obama turned out (IMHO) to be a golden tounged, dud.

Where there's big $$$$$$ (eg > pharmaceutical industry) the people have no say anymore.
So, yes I agree with BV. It's doubtful, anything will be done

Last edited by emmer; 08-12-2009 at 01:17 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:31 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I am so aware of that the United States Government is not doing anything to stop the heroin and opiate trade. I also know that billions and billions of dollars are being made at the expense of all of the addicted who are suffering so much. From Rehab facilities, and pharmaceutical companies. Right on down the line to the dealers and so on. I just ramble on sometimes hoping that things will change, because I have seen so much sadness and suffering due to drug addiction. I have seen families torn apart. Grieving mom's who have lost their kids to an overdose. I lost my older brother to a drug overdose in 1998. I suffered with addiction to opiates, and almost died running after my son, and fighting to get him clean. I have seen beautiful and successful friends, lose everything due to drugs. It just breaks my heart. I was reading the news paper yesterday. The Star Ledger in New Jersey. On the first page was an article about Afghanastan. It said, Addiction. From the cradle to the grave. They give heroin to their babies over there. I bought the paper just to read that article, and addiction is a crisis no matter who you are, or what part of the world your from. I continue to learn every day. Thanks for the input Bvaljalo and Timebuster.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:30 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Go Browns!

Angelic- Its nice to finally see a face with a name- you are beautiful! Do you know how I might be able to access that article you read?