Notices

Hi Plus a question??

Old 12-18-2008, 05:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi Plus a question??

5 years ago i went through treatment for alocohol and havent drank since...but now i have for the better part of 2 years been taking pain pills, i have made it through a full 24 hours without any, im withdrawlaling right now but im ok with that, just curious if it gets worse tomarrow and the next day?...i have read all about it and i know what i can expect but no one put a time table on when the worst comes on...just curious...and again i would like to say hi to everyone and wish everyone luck in the recovery they are searching for...thanks everyone...
Old 12-18-2008, 05:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hello, Fate. Welcome to SR.

I don't know much about detoxing from pain pills (my DOC is alcohol), but please see a doctor if it gets bad. Please let someone close to you know what's going on. Someone with a better understanding of this should be along today in this thread.

Stick around for a while and keep reading and posting.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi plus a suggestion.

I suggest you speak to a doctor right away.

Last edited by Peter; 12-18-2008 at 11:33 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-18-2008, 06:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Im Clean Today

Just in my own withdrawal story, day 3 was the worst of the physical pain. Day 4 started getting better and day 6 was in no pain at all.

But the other IMO the worst part of the withdrawal came the depression and the BIG voice in my head trying to get me to us is still going on and I am on day (I think 15)
Some people dont tell you about the part after the painful withdrawals. But most on here will. They are great and will inspire you something fierce!
I can honestly say they had a hand in my quitting pain pills!!
But thats just my opinion!!

Last edited by lugnut; 12-18-2008 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Typos
Old 12-18-2008, 07:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome, I wish you the best. I had w/d from pain pills many times. I finally ended up going into a detox unit out of town. But from my experience I will also agree that the Physical symptoms are worst between days 3-5. After day 6/7 you then have to deal with the emotions, insomnia, and temptations. I know I cried for almost 2 weeks straight for any reason and I am not much of a crier. GOOD LUCK and may I also recommend speaking with someone/anyone who can help
Old 12-18-2008, 11:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thank you so much everyone...i finally passed out around 8am thats why i wasn't here sooner to thank everyone. I did sleep 3 full hours which i didnt expect....I'm feeling somewhat ok today. So again i thank you all for responding to my question......
Old 12-18-2008, 07:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sounds like you might be lucky and it might not get that bad for you! Don't go back, though, the disease of addiction gets progressively worse. You don't have to go through all that stuff that a lot of us have been through. Have you thought about going to any NA meetings? They really helped me kicking pain pills.
KJ
Old 12-18-2008, 09:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Fate, welcome to the board

I concur, usually days 2-4 are the least pleasant in terms of acute pain, but you should also be prepared for some nagging side effects that can last sometimes for a few weeks (or even months, if you've *really* been off the deep end for a while).

And Hi KJ ... I've missed you
Old 12-19-2008, 12:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi again...thanks again everyone..as for me i have withdrew a few times, never get pain like most comment on..horrible chills, sweats, and a odd symtom i havent seen anyone else write about but its in my left arm, runs all the way from armpit to wrist and its like my blood and musles are on fire..its actually what i hate the most, keeps me from getting any sleep at all...and i used to go to AA meetings but its hard for me because i have horrible, excuse the spelling, agoreaphobia...have panic attacks from groups of people...
Old 12-19-2008, 05:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Im Clean Today

agoraphobia...have panic attacks from groups of people.
I get this as well but it is not from the withdrawals. It is a symptom of a panic attack. Since all your epinephrine is going through yuor body it heats up. So dont let that worry you. Just part of the panic disorder..
Id say lets get together but we both wont leave our house hahah. Just kidding. I am trying out some humor and it aint working out the way it should lol.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

i have suffered from it for years docs put me on disabilty from it and a few other things mixed in...fun times...lol gotta love wanting to kick and almost passing out when you go try and talk to docs and stuff.....
Old 12-19-2008, 12:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Im Clean Today

Yep I know how ya feel. They really suck.. How long have you suffered from them? Me 10 years. Just starting effexor for em. Hope it helps...

I think they are one of the worst things in the world!!