Notices

Roxy and Oxy withdrawls

Old 12-15-2008, 06:01 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Those are some pretty nasty injuries, ITD. Have you talked to your doctors about your concerns regarding the pills?

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 12-15-2008, 06:04 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I have and they just keep telling me its nerve pain
they dont help they dont listen and i just want off
Old 12-15-2008, 06:06 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

i havent even satarted WD yet! But i plan on starting tomorrow evenning
Old 12-15-2008, 06:10 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

I have nerve pain from RSD. In my experience, opiates do very little for nerve pain. There are many drugs (anti-seizure drugs) to treat that kind of pain. Are they offering you alternatives?

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 12-15-2008, 06:21 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Yeppers Lyrica, Nerontin, Mobic, Cymbalta
But only the narcotcs help! I have nerve pain but the real pain is a throbbing pain in my bone! And the norco help but i need more then they prescribe and I just no longer wnat to be on them! For multiple reasons
Old 12-15-2008, 06:28 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Okay, we're getting somewhere. You can learn to live with pain. It is possible. It's possible to live with pain and have serenity and peace.

Have you reconsidered NA?

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 12-15-2008, 06:39 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

ummmm. sometimes! I have two jobs and I go to school! time is a rare commodity! The guy that hit me had no insurance So i have to pay for all the appoitments and rehab! I am literally owkring everyday from from 6am till 1am then i do my online classes! exceot sunday i only work from 10-6 then catch up on school work and sleep if i find the time! and I am just not a big fan of NA! I stopped last time on my own was clean for 6 months until the accident
Old 12-15-2008, 06:41 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

I'd be making an appointment to see an attorney.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 12-15-2008, 06:50 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

For what?
Old 12-15-2008, 06:50 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Do you know anything about suboxone
Old 12-15-2008, 06:54 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

I have no first-hand experience with suboxone. Others here do.

I'd be getting an attorney to sue the guy who hit you. My husband does some personal injury. Most attorneys will not charge you, but they will take a chunk of your settlement.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 12-15-2008, 07:00 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

he has nothing! He is a part waiter at a resturant he has no home no assets nothing
Old 12-15-2008, 08:18 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Man, I wish I could help with this one. I know you're in a dangerous place with the pain the the dope. Be honest with the doctors about how much you like the dope.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:43 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Sorry about your accident, bro, that friggin SUCKS!

Man that sh*t looks painful. Pretty easy to see how something like that happening could lead you back into the hellhole that is active addiction. I'm sure that's what would've happened to me, too, in your shoes. Seriously, that's some rough stuff.

Nevertheless, my advice remains pretty much exactly the same as it was a year ago, ITD.

And what would you like to know about suboxone? At this point, it seems to me like a reasonable option to consider. Although being on it is not being OFF opioids, it certainly makes life a lot easier (and normal) until you're really ready and able to quit for good. And it is a decent (not great, but decent) pain killer in it's own right, esp. if you take a bit of advil or the like on top of it.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:39 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

what I Am asking is I have 3 8 mg subs, would that help me with the wuick detox/ cold turkey WD's again! I ama going to start tomorrow night! And I Am sure I Will be on here again and again and again! Until I MAKE IT! BUt I Am done with it! I rather deal with the pain! then deaal with being a aslave to the meds! GODOOODODODOO!!!!!!!
Old 12-15-2008, 11:08 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I'm not a recovering addict but my 21 year old daughter is. Her DOC is IV dilaudid and she's back on suboxone after being a passenger in a nasty car wreck in September. She had a couple of corrective surgeries and may require more.

Looking at your pictures, my heart breaks for you.

My daughter was on a prescribed 240ml of oxycontin a day for six weeks then tried to make the jump back to being clean. She couldn't do it and still has some pain to deal with just like you. A psychiatrist at the hospital oversaw her pain management at first then she went back to her sub doctor. Both of them advised her against trying to jump off and suggested she get back on subs. They told her the receptors would not be able to handle the pain combined with withdrawals until her physical issues are resolved.

I'm not suggesting that you do or don't get off the pills, I posted this because I hope you have some kind of plan ready when you make the leap. You have a lot to overcome and I admire your determination. Please use it wisely and my prayers are with you.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:27 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Yah, a rapid taper/detox, using 3x8mg subs, in my experience, I'd say that should help ease the inevitable w/d's a little bit, not a lot, but a little.

Logic would seem to indicate that you'll wanna go as easy as possible, and try to make these three pills last at least a week. If it were me, I'd probably be thinking I'd do like 4mg/day for the first 4 days, then 2mg, then 1mg, then 1mg on days 5,6,7.

I always found it was best to wait at least 16 hours after my last pain pill to start them, and be prepared to not actually feel all that well from it until at least 24 hours have passed since the last pain pill. And in my experience, it's best to not keep taking more, early on, trying to feel better, cause it's not likely to work.

Obviously, however, I'm not a doctor, and I really think it'd be much smarter for you to get your doctor involved in this process. That's a pretty short taper, especially given that you're in legit pain as well. A longer schedule, under proper supervision, would be a wiser choice, IMHO. Being a slave to subs is not nearly as depressing as being a slave to norco, that much I can tell you from experience...
Old 12-16-2008, 11:00 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

I took my last 3 norco 10's this mornning. So in a couple of hours it starts! BUt I had to go to court for the accident! I didnt want to be a mess this mornning . SO I ASSUME! It is down hill from here! The doctors said they are going to give me a nacropethy. Which means they are going to cut my nerve and barry it in my soft tissue of my leg! I go see the plastic doctor monday to try and correlate the skin graph with nacropethy. Hopefully they will get this done and over with before xmas but I doubt it! I am supposed to go see the pain managment doctor on thursday. But I will probally be feeling like complete **** and I hope I will have the will power to not accept my prescriptions from him. Otherwise I might just skip the appointment and deal with it. God I hate knowing what is in store for me next! But I have this in my mind! I have been mentally preparing for it for days ! I need to do it right now!
Old 12-16-2008, 12:22 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Let me start by saying I am not an addict, so take my advice with a grain of salt, as I cannot, in any way, say I know what it's like to be in your shoes.

I can, however, say that I have watched my abf of 3 years (who was clean when I met him) spiral out of control with pills that he was getting for legitimate pain. However, looking back (as both his gf and an RN) - I can see where his biggest downfall may also be yours. When he started seeing the orthopedic surgeon for the surgery he needed, he was NEVER honest about the fact that he had gotten hooked on oxy after his previous surgery. He, like it seems you believe, didn't trust his doctor to manage his pain if the doc knew about addiction. So the doc was fully unarmed to deal with an addict who, once back on his doc, QUICKLY lost all control. Unfair to his doc and himself.

I say this because it seems that if you only have 3 8-mg Subs.......you didn't get these from a doc. My feeling is that Sub therapy (which my abf has been on for 3 weeks) is about alot more than popping the pill under your tongue. It seems you've spent a lot of your life using a pill to fix your problem......and Subs shouldn't be seen/used that way. They are PART of getting clean.......not the WHOLE of it.

I see that you have shunned AA/NA in the past........and chosen instead to work 3 jobs and go to school. While I give you big kudos for your motivation, I would also say that all the time you're spending trying to "better" yourself through work and further education.......those things should definitely be taking a back seat to getting and staying clean........because a college degree will do you no good if you follow your addiction to the grave.

Again......I'm not an addict and can't, in any way, relate to the addcition and it's driving forces.....I've lived with it in my abf and it still baffles me. Take what you want and leave the rest!!

Best of luck to you, ITD!!
Old 12-17-2008, 12:03 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Well its been 30 hours since my last draw from norcos. I took two hot baths last night and finally decided take 4mg of subs and 3 2mg of klonopin at about 1am this mornning fell asleep until 7:00 am. Gut up poped another 4 mgs of subs this mornning! And I relaly dont feel that bad! I Am sick and confused and restless! Kinda depressed but not near as bad as i had expected it to be, Maybe by some miracle of god my plan is going to work out! I plan on taking another 4mg of subs tomorrow morning and 4mg the following mornning! Then cut down to 2mg and 2mg and then 1mg and 1mg and let it go from there and see how bad it will be! I will have to go back into surgey sometime soon in the next two weeks for a skin graph and necopathey???? or whatever it is but we will deal with when it comes! Thank you all for your support and kind words! Somewtimes I fee liek this is theonoy place I can turn to for help and

understanding may soberity fill my stocking for xmas!