SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Substance Abuse (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/)
-   -   How long does Tramadol stay in your system (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/135837-how-long-does-tramadol-stay-your-system.html)

Dellzz 10-31-2007 08:34 AM

How long does Tramadol stay in your system

I`ve been clean for over 6 months and last night i went to a party and took some Tramadol and i got to take a drug test so i can start my new job on a oil boat. I`m skinny only weight 150 lbs.. I just got my ged just for this job and I didn`t think they was going to call me for another week

Done_With_It 10-31-2007 09:20 AM

So are you here for recovery or to find out how long drugs stay in your system?

Congrats on your 6 months and your GED.

xjunkie4u 10-31-2007 10:43 AM

TOO LONG. This is a bad drug! It's not a good pain killer and leaves you feeling so bad even after a short course. If I need something for real pain, I'll take a real narcotic for as short of a time as I can and feel better faster after. all the best

kelsh 10-31-2007 10:45 AM

Hi Dellzz,

Good for you on six months sober...and the GED! :c029:

Hope you are ready for this....Do you know how deadly this medication is if you had taken a drink or more than one drink of alcohol? It takes about an hour for a person to feel the effects and it stays in your system a while. It is a non-narcotic but is a synthetic drug that most likely will show up in a UA depending on when you have to go for the UA. :abco:

I am a firm believer in a drug is a drug is a drug....Good luck to you.

kelsh

xjunkie4u 10-31-2007 04:23 PM

You took this drug at a party? It not what I would call a party drug or much of a drug at all and too bad you took it. I hope you pass the test and don't go to other drugs.

Lizrox 10-31-2007 05:14 PM

I donk think Tramadol will show up.. It's different than the other opiates like Vicodin. It has different metabolites.. I posted about this before..

jane_668 10-31-2007 11:56 PM

TOO LONG. This is a bad drug! It's not a good pain killer and leaves you feeling so bad even after a short course. If I need something for real pain, I'll take a real narcotic for as short of a time as I can and feel better faster after. all the best
Xjunkie,I don't think it's wise to give such an advise to an ex-addict.There she's telling you that she took drugs and you tell her "no this is not drugs,go and use real drugs".I don't get it.
By the way ,who told you that Tramdol is not areal narcotic.It was so real for me when I was taking up to 20 pills aday.And it's still real when I'm having troubles quitting it .So please when you talk about drugs just try to be more careful with what you preach.

xjunkie4u 11-01-2007 07:26 AM

I don't want anyone to use drugs needlessly or to get high. That is against all I belive in and smoking as well. This Tramadol is worse than opiates but not even effective for serious pain. The reason I'm so against it is I have 2 friends that are hooked on it and going through hell. It's easier to get off real opiates and I know this from personal experience. It has a antidepressant effect that makes it very hard to get off and makes you feel bad in a different way than opiates. The worst thing is that it takes longer for the body to re-ajust than opiates. My advise is to try to take motrin or asprin but if you have to take something stronger don't take tramadol!

tennchick9598 11-01-2007 12:09 PM

tramadol is the worst stuff in the world. I had a grand mal seizure and almost died. It will kill you if you abuse it. and maybe even if you dont. I cant ever be around another bottle of it, or i will die from it.

strawdog 07-07-2010 09:04 AM

I shot Heroin for literaly over twenty years. It took going to prison for me to stop! Years later I took Tramadol for three weeks to help kick the Oxy my Dr. gave me after a hernia surgery untill it stoped working and only left an addiction. That was two months ago. I still have leg cramps from the withdrawls. I kicked a twenty year addiction faster than Tramadol. This is not a good product! be it a drug non-drug, poison or whatever! No this is not a Narcotic- look it up! The Drs. will tell you it's not addictive, but trust me it is! If you get an Rx for Tramadol, I highley reccomend you ball it up and find a trash can. Incedentially! you can actually get natural leg cramp pills with Quinine from the Vitamin Shop that work better and really are not addictive. Just do not take them with Vallium or you will get the worse case of the runs you ever had. About the Tramadol and alcohol? Guess I should be dead several times over. It has no effect what so ever. A WORD TO THE WISE! DO NOT TAKE THIS TRASH! I wonder how it got past the FDA?

bval 07-08-2010 10:29 PM

Old thread is Old, strawdog. And although it's not technically/chemically an opioid, it is most assuredly an opioid-agonist drug. In other words, it affects the opioid receptors as if it were. Which means for all intents and purposes AFA your brain is concerned ... it's an opioid.

The answer to the OP was that's probably only detectable for about 3 days, and that's if they're doing like a thorough urinalysis test. With cheaper tests, it probably wouldn't even be detected if you were ON it when you took the test because they wouldn't screen for it. Probably a lot longer w/a hair test though.