Notices

Stuck in a cycle

Old 04-29-2010, 08:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Stuck in a cycle

I've been doing Speed on a daily basis for a year now. I get sick 4-5 times a week cause of it. It makes me feel like **** but i still take it and im stuck in a cycle. I wake up in the morning and i pop a pill and do a few lines, go to school, get sick, stay up all night being depressed and saying that im gonna stop but i never do. The speed is killing meand ive been trying to stop lately but its so hard. I dont get high from it anymore, i lost a bunch of friends because of it,ive done many things im not proud of and im always sick, but it doesnt stop me. Im on this site to get help and im considering Rehab but i dont have time to attend it. i need to know that people understand. I guess this is a cry for help
Old 04-29-2010, 09:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi jacpeaceandlove

I've never done speed in any real way - but it's destroyed more than a few of my friends.

It's your life you're talking about here - obstacles like 'not enough time' don't really cut it, do they?

If not rehab have you considered a recovery programme like NA or something?

You'll find a lot of support here anyway.
Welcome to SR

D
Old 04-29-2010, 09:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks, ive seen a lady that was suppose to help me get off drugs but all she did was cause more trouble in my life. A part of me thinks i can stop drugs my myself but deep inside i know i can't
Old 04-29-2010, 09:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think support is vital Jac.
You'll get good advice and encouragement here.

D
Old 04-29-2010, 09:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Dee is right, support is vital. Please get some as soon as possible. SR is great for support and information. I don't have experience with speed but lots of folks here too. It gets a little slow here in the evenings, but tomorrow someone should be around to help you out.

Have you checked out NA?

Love,

Lenina
Old 04-29-2010, 10:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!

I've not done speed, but I was severely addicted to crack and it took over my life. I had to practically lose everything..money, nursing career, got into legal trouble, got locked up more than once, etc.

If you keep this up, you're looking at following my path...or worse.

Seriously rethink rehab. As ((Dee)) said, this IS your life. If not, there are NA meetings, counselors, and other ways to get support to get clean. I had to really hit bottom...the above is just part of my bottom. I really don't want you to get to the point I was.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy