Notices

Klonopin and Increased Anger?

Old 02-10-2013, 05:02 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Klonopin

It makes my 27 years old grandson mean.He steals and has shot a gun in a house on these.I worry about him being killed someday.Is there any hope out there
Old 02-11-2013, 07:36 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yes. When I was switched from Ativan to Klonopin to taper it was like my whole personality changed. I begged my doctor to just let me taper off Ativan but he said no due to the half life. For me there is something different about Klonopin than Ativan and I don't like it. I've been tapering four months now with six to go and my body has adjusted to the Klonopin but there is just something different about it.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You bet theres something differant. Klonopin makes me ultra angry!
Makes me rage!

Ativan does nothing, valium does nothing............something about klonopin all right
Old 02-11-2013, 08:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I have read of numerous reports of aggression caused by benzodiazepines. I experienced fits of anger and rage under the influence of Klonopin, though never to the point of violence.

In fact, the most regrettable, embarrassing things I have ever done were under the influence of benzos. Benzos work: They create the that feeling of total apathy which takes away any anxiety, even the good type of anxiety that serves as a governor to the engine of anger and rage.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:35 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

how are you doing Kandyd?
I'm sorry for your situation but I know you'll find support here...

welcome to SR

D
Old 12-11-2016, 04:01 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Please help

Originally Posted by Barto View Post
Anybody experience increased anger on Klonopin (as opposed to other benzos)?

My girlfriend had just started taking the stuff. And became extremely violent. I got 13 stitches and nine staples. I need document statements from people. That say how anger and violent they became. I'm trying to prove that she unfit at the time to stand trail for it.
Old 12-11-2016, 06:49 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

So glad that I see I am not losing my mind. I have been on klonopin for a few months for anxiety and panic attacks. It works, but I decided that I did not want to keep taking it as I was becoming too dependent on it and Drs are all difficult about Rxing it.
I decided several weeks ago to begin tapering off of them. I have noticed that my moods will swing quite rapidly and anger is a big one. Fits of rage and anger, yes, violence, no.
It makes me want to go ct, but I keep telling myself 3 more weeks of tapering to go. Don't mess it up.
I have never tried the other benzos to be able to compare.
Old 11-04-2022, 01:33 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2ala2 View Post
Klonopin is Rivotril here. Man, did that stuff make me angry. I always, ALWAYS, got in biiig trouble when on Rivo. They call it the 'catastrophe' here. It was a really bad deal for me. It came in second after Rohypnol, another tragedy. I hope you get off it soon. I would get angry at the silliest reasons, rageful sometimes.
I hope you find peace soon..
Yes! I CANNOT take klonopin or vistiril either. Being completely unreasonable and flying off into rages would be the main side effect I had. Besides breaking out in handcuffs. And on klonopin I did.
Old 11-20-2022, 04:40 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Hex

No amount of Klonopin has increased my anger. I think it just lowers inhibitions and things you usually let go, come back to you and you get pissed and are not afraid to act on it.