Notices

How do I get my memory back?

Old 12-17-2007, 04:14 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Content with my past

I dont know it my husband has short term memory loss or that thing us woman refer to as "selective hearing".
Old 12-17-2007, 04:55 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Exclamation Painting for therapy and understanding of us!!!

Hi pakuni boy.

Your post today has made so much sense to me because I feel like I have a grip on my life to the outward world but not to the inward parts of my thinking of my life and what to do to help it.

I do have an anniversary this time of year that was so catastrofic that it took many years to resolve it with drinking, counseling and self-talk. My daughter was six and I had her in therapy and she did play therapy with painting with water colors as part of it. The counselor would explain her pictures to me and some of them were so explicit for a six year old that it just horrified me. Her father had sexually abused her and even at six years old her paintings were so grafic. :puppet

I have a terrible time with dreams and images not consciously in my mind or even my thoughts. I do feel like I have a video tape running in my mind giving me the devine knowledge that does live within me and it affects all aspects of my life some of the time.

It has been 23/24 years since this last event came down and it was very hard to deal with. My Ex is dead now from a heart attack but while in his sexual abuse group therapy, he admitted he didn't do that bad a thing.

He ended up in therapy for 4 years and then could only have supervised visits with her if she agreed to it. He recieved 45 days work release jail time which I felt was a slap on the hand.

Before this happened I had already been treated many times for depression but chose to drink to self-medicate my depression. I have done some pictures with colored paint pencils but the dim outline of the picture was there so I went from there. I have two of them framed hanging in my computer room. They are special because I did them when I was in a Psyc-Unit in a hospital setting.

I have a lot of projects in the beginning stages but hope to finish them soon.

I also found out that I have to be very careful with caffiene & so does my husband so I only make coffee once a week when his friend comes to visit.

I didn't mean to be so long winded. I plan to get some painting supplies for winter when we don't vencher out much. We have a wonderful craft shop about 90 miles from where we live and hope to get there one more time before the winter sets in.

I appreciate how you explained your painting and am going to try to copy it or make some instructions on how you did it.

Thanks so much,

kelsh