Notices

meth user

Old 04-29-2001, 05:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
keli449

Angry meth user

I have a 19 year old son who has been using meth for i guess 4 years which i didnt know until 2000. It has torn him and i apart and i try to get him help but he doesnt go all the way. he also is very depressed . he wont tell me what but during our last out break i asked him what was wrong and he said he couldnt tell me. i asked if he killed someone and he said no but its bad enough.
he smokes pot like cigaretts and doesnt work, i am now going to move in with my neice as im so tired of his friends and meth and ruining my apartment as i work so much. he will live with good friends a whole family with 2 grandmas and a grandpa so its a good structure. I just dont know where to go. his dr put him on depakote but he hasnt tried it yet as he has no ins and its expensive. Me at this point feel a little crazy and dont know how long i can take this.

i live in vacaville ca. should i have him committed for a 5151 charge which he thinks he is?

any advice would help i dont want to lose my son!

keli

Old 05-05-2001, 11:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I would suggest a professional rehabilitation center for alcohol and drug abuse/addiction for this person. And for you, a visit to the nearest Al-Anon meeting with your peers.

------------------
Old 08-27-2012, 10:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Keli,
I used meth for 21 years and I know what it does to a person I lost a child and so much stuff though my addiction. But the one thing I can tell you is know matter how much you want to help me you can't help him he has to want it for him self. You just have to let him hit rock bottom and be there when he picks him self up. trust me it hurts when you hit bottom but I had to pick my self with no help from any family and I am going on 6 years of sobriety on Sept 12. It's just one day at a time.