Notices

My Good Bye Letter

Old 01-14-2007, 02:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Good Bye Letter

When I quit smoking..one of the things I did that really helped was write a good bye letter to cigerettes...I wrote one today for pot...just wanted to share...

Dear Marijuana:

We have had a love affair for many years. You have been the most important thing to me. I have begged, borrowed and stolen to get you. I needed you. You ruled my life. My days revolved around you. Days without you were sad days.

You have stabbed me in the back. You lied to me. All this time you were fooling me. Days with you have become sad days. I am tried. Burnt out. Unmotivated. A crappy mother. I have isolated myself. I have stopped making friends. You rule my life. I am powerless over you.

Well..I accept defeat. I accept that you are in control. I WANT TO BE IN CONTROL. I wish we could just see each other on the side..you know..once in awhile kind of deal..but you see..I AM AM ADDCIT.

I will say it again...I AM A ADDICT. When it comes to you its all or nothing. Quite honestly there are drugs I would prefer over you...you were just a crutch to keep me away from those other drugs. ...now I don' t want any of you.

I WANT TO BE CLEAN. I want to have a clear head. I want my money situation to be cleared up. I want to strive for something more. I don't want to base my friendships on pot smoking anymore. I no longer want to be around addicts who are not in recovery. I want to be CLEAN.

I accept defeat. I am helpless when it comes to you. You will always win. I will never control you. You will always have control.

Today my thoughts were on recovery and my life without you..not on how I would get some to smoke..not on sitting around feeling like crap becaues I am a big burnt out. My thoughts were on what my life could be like without you. I am turning the control over to God. and we all know that you can't mess with God.

I will miss you for awhile I am sure. but one day I will look back and think oh I am so thankful for recovery. I can imagine myself doing it. I can see it. I can imagine what that will feel like. I can imagine how much better my life will be and all the friends I will have and how much better my relationship with my children will be. My already somewhat sucessful career will be soaring. I will be working on my masters. I will have energy and be in Tae Kwon Do again. Oh I can't wait....

So for now I must say Good Bye...I will be thinking about you for a long time to come...but just for today..our relationship is over.

Veronica
Old 01-14-2007, 02:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I may get hated here but pot is only a problem if you make it so.
If you use it to hide your emotions it will hurt you.
Pot is a problem if you you use it to hide.
Otherwise pot is not a problem.
I can smoke pot and then stop and feel no addiction problems. If you are using it to cover your personality problems and then you have none?
Of course it will hurt when you have none, don't try. and don't tell me it is physically addictive cos it isn't.
Old 01-14-2007, 02:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Rubbish!
Old 01-14-2007, 03:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stonerat View Post
Of course it will hurt when you have none, don't try. and don't tell me it is physically addictive cos it isn't.
I am physically, mentally and emotionally addicted to pot. If you are not..kudos for you.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am sorry veronica, that is my opinion, if u feel addicted then I am sorry, no way you actually are though.

You think you are, try being addicted to alcohol or heroin and you will realise you aint adicted to anything at all.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am physically, mentally and emotionally addicted to pot. If you are not..kudos for you.

No denial there, kiddo! You will do just fine, Veronica.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

If you think you are addicted to pot well god bless, pot is nothing.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

stonerat..if you read my letter I posted above..you would know that pot has not been my only problem. and maybe when I am ready I will talk about those other problems. but for now..its pot cause that is what I am currently using. (or was using) and I in no way intend on going back to those other problems. ever.

so for now I am dealing with a real live active pot addiction. If you have some sort of magic power that allows you to know who is addicted and who is not..wow..that is wonderful.

If you do not think pot is a problem..ask my three children. They will tell you.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Give us all a break Paul, Jesus. Now's not the time or the thread mate. Ok? You can make another thread to debate that, no need pissing on hers.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Best Wishes for you Veronicalee. Thanks for sharing your letter. I'll check to see if stonerat has started another thread before I address what he has to say. I have seen my best friend start to enjoy parenting more and be a more emotionally available parent since giving up the pot.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sorry Veonica, I was thinking of my own baggage, good for you for beating your demons, Dumbass me for thinking I know it all.
Seriously, You go girl please ignore my previous smartalec posts. I have felt the nastyness of pot before, please excuse my crap.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:41 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

No problem stonerat...I understand that harder drugs and alcohol can have more drastic and tragic effects..I have been there..trust me...and I feel for anyone who is still there.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks a lot, I should have been wiser
Sorry babe.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:11 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I kinda know what you mean stonerat

I will bet you really meant that pot is usually refered to as the lesser of all the evils of drugs, butwe all know, (ex- addict and co-dependants) that it is very much so psychological. There are some that can smoke pot and not have a hard time with it but there are also some who come to a conclusion that it effects the normallity of their lifestyles. I know, I was a pot smoke from the age of 11yrs old to the age of 36yrs. It's the mind set of the individual basically.
Robbie

PS. I do commend you for apologizing, it shows something positive about your character. (smiles)
Robbie
Old 01-14-2007, 04:13 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thumbs up ;-)

There, now

God I love happy endings!
Old 01-14-2007, 04:15 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey Veronica - your beautiful letter

A true piece of eloquence Veronica - you're quite the writer!

Very interesting approach, too. Write a damn letter of official and final DIVORCE from your DOC! lol

Make it personal. Personification of the problem substance effectively gives you a mirror right back on yourself and all the reasons why pot is no longer an option in your life.

The psychological analyses are intriguing -- in practice it's a plumb great idea and i LOVE it! Might just follow suit my own self.

Ten
Old 01-14-2007, 04:59 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I certainly didn't mean to hurt anyone, and I have my own addiction problems with cannabis. I have beaten them and they arent comparable to alcohol.
If you think you have cannabis addictiion problems than you are lucky you dont have real problems.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:53 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
outtahere

If you think you have cannabis addictiion problems than you are lucky you dont have real problems.
How many more "real" pot addiction problems does she have to tell you about?
Old 01-14-2007, 06:13 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please stay on the topic of the thread starter, which is her desire to quit using Marijuana. If you don't agree with her choices for her recovery then please ignore the thread.

The best of luck to you Veronica. Please continue to seek the support from others here.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:21 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

UGGG..I think we are right back where we started. My problems are very real.

Anyhow..thanks to all who read my post and showed support. I appreciate it.