SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Substance Abuse (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/)
-   -   cocaine and sex drive (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/108612-cocaine-sex-drive.html)

ingodshands 11-23-2006 06:03 PM

cocaine and sex drive

My husband has lost his sex drive apparently due to his addiction to cocaine,
is there anything I can do to get it back?

windysan 11-24-2006 06:41 AM

What Blood said.

When he finally cleans up you better watch out.

Sounds like the coke has him pretty good. Talk to him about it yet?

ingodshands 11-24-2006 10:46 AM

He is a bindger and we have being having sex troubles for more than a year. We used to be together like once a month, we spend 7month without sex, but he says he doesnt know what is going on.
He started going to therapy again so he should stay clean the problem is after a few months the problem with drugs is back on, I am very dissapointed and hopeless

windysan 11-24-2006 12:07 PM

7 months is a long time for a man. Maybe it is the coke or a combination of coke and psych stuff. Coke doesn't help things. Maybe you should talk to him about getting some help.

BSPGirl 11-24-2006 01:07 PM

Anti depressants can reduce your sex drive to zero, I always find that ironic as having sex is a great anti depressant cuz of release of endorphins. Anyway, good luck with it, the cocaine might play a big role in this all, yes.

Marte

stonespike 11-24-2006 04:45 PM

Honestly, i think all drugs have an effect on sex drive to some extent. Anything thats altering natural chemical production/use in the body alters normal functioning and drive. It's just part of the territory when you use chemical/mood altering substances.

deax 11-24-2006 07:23 PM

I don't know what it was about my ex, but he was a binger too- alcohol and coke, maybe crack too, I accpet that I don't know the truth about anything anymore- and nothing ever seemed to interfere with his sex drive. Somehow he managed to defy all kinds of 'rules' when it comes to various substances and addictions, though. I'll never understand him.

ingodshands 11-27-2006 06:09 AM

deax - I didnt undestand what you mean with your post

deax 11-29-2006 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by ingodshands (Post 1116264)
deax - I didnt undestand what you mean with your post

Sorry, I was a little unclear. I just meant that I know that my ex was using pot, coke, crack, alcohol while we were together, but his sex drive was never lacking. In fact it was pretty high. And I know that coke usually lowers your sex drive, so I was just saying that he's unusual that way and it's one of the many many things I can't figure out about him. Sorry, I guess it was a pretty pointless post. I'm constanly trying to make sense out of chaos. :e136:

ingodshands 11-30-2006 10:39 AM

That is ok, I just wanted to understand your post, I though it was a matter of language since my english is not that good ( spanish is my first language )