Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

Oxycotin withdrawl really bad or whats wrong with me??

Notices

Old 08-16-2011, 10:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello! I committed to quitting oxy this last week after my father passed away. I went to a local clinic but the were full. I sat outside with a friend for 8 hours waiting on a spot. I could not get in so I decided 2 get a motel room and wait it out. I WAS NOT going home if I was not clean. Well its been 6 DAYS! and i still cant sleep, vomiting, etc....is this right?? I thought after day 4 was better been almost 7 days and I still hurt!!! BAD!!!! Granted I was doing almost 1000 mg a day of oxy 30s!!! is this why? Any input on when I will feel better?? THANKS!
Old 08-16-2011, 10:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Recovering Addict

I was taking up to 5 30mg oxys a day, been clean 7 days now and almost all physical symptoms are gone. Still not sleeping more than 4 hours a night and my stomach aches when I eat. Now the mental thing is in full swing and I'm moody, irritable and downright exhausted. Don't give up!!! You're doing an amazing thing and you will get through it.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Recovering Addict

And yeah I think the dosage you were taking had a lot to do with it. How long were you taking ox? I was on anywhere from 30mg in the beginning per day to 150mg a day and most of my physical withdrawls were diminishing after day 5.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks! Atleast I know its not just me....but I know how hard it is. My friend quit after 2 days...said he could not take it but wished me luck and Im doing it! Just didnt think wd would take this long.....THANKS!
Old 08-16-2011, 11:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

nothings wrong with you - it's just the crap coming out of your system. When I first came off them it took a long time - lots of people told me a week or so but I seemed to be sick much longer. HOWEVER, it did start to get better and every day I noticed a little change.

Is anyone there with you while you're coming off them? I'm sure you'll be fine but sometimes it's nice to have someone there and make sure the detox goes ok....

hang in there, tough but certainly can be done. I also say REMEMBER EVERY MINUTE of what you're going through right now. It might be a good incentive never to get in the position to have to go through it again.

keep hydrated and try to sleep (I know, easier said then done.......)
Old 08-16-2011, 11:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Also,
sorry to hear about your dad. that's rough and something extra you're going through at this time. a double whammy for you
Old 08-16-2011, 11:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I was on it for about 8 mo. I went there from Hydros. Yeah this sucks! However, I will never be able 2 face my wife or son again like this. Dr. says its my only option! HA! If it makes you feel his bad it cant be good for you.....THANKS!
Old 08-16-2011, 11:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thanks

Originally Posted by Klynn33 View Post
Also,
sorry to hear about your dad. that's rough and something extra you're going through at this time. a double whammy for you
Thanks! Ya it really made me look at what im putting in my body. A simple drug interaction with the pain killers just killed him. Granted he had addictions, but i was his #1! I LOVE YOU DAD!!!!!
Old 08-16-2011, 11:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

sorry, sad

focus on your wife and son, what great incentive - you'll never get a better reason than them and you needing to be there for them.

when I quit I packed up my son and moved across the country. literally. from one coast to the other because I couldn't do it home where I was. access was too easy and no one understood. So I went through it all about as alone as you could get - I didn't know a soul.

I don't recommend doing it that way.

odd the dr. didn't offer you anything to help with the withdrawal symptoms though.

but hopefully you're almost through the worst. keep posting, it'll help to pass the time and hopefully people with better advice than I have will be by soon

you're doing a good thing
Old 08-16-2011, 11:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Recovering Addict

Agreed with klynn, remember your detox days!!! ANYTIME you think about an oxy, remember the last 6 days.

Won't it feel so amazing when we can say we've been clean for six months? A year? :]
Old 08-16-2011, 11:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

true hopeful - at a year a little dance will be warranted for sure
Old 08-16-2011, 11:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! Ya, I didnt tell he dr. I was quitting, the last time he just wanted 2 up the dosage. So ^%(&^(&*^ Ill do it alone! And boi does it hurt!!!!
Old 08-16-2011, 11:37 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Recovering Addict

08-10-11 when is your sober date kylnn?
Old 08-16-2011, 11:41 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Recovering Addict

Maybe you should tell your doc, this way you don't give in to temptation when you're able to get that refill
Old 08-16-2011, 11:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

it hurts for sure, but nothing worth having is easy right? (or so they tell me....)

water/gatorade/sleep/repeat.
if you're still getting sick in a day or 2 I'd head back to the dr's. just my opinion but dehydration can set in pretty quick - keep an eye on it.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:54 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

and along with the gatorade/water etc, if you feel the need to beat on the pillow or scream for awhile, do that too - it might help

although the other people in the motel might not be so understanding.......
Old 08-17-2011, 01:08 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Klynn33 View Post
and along with the gatorade/water etc, if you feel the need to beat on the pillow or scream for awhile, do that too - it might help

although the other people in the motel might not be so understanding.......
LOL...Done that already! The maids think Im a gay couple cuzz my friend was here with me for a few days till he went back. Ya, he offered me some when he seen me on the floor half dead screaming...a 1000mg a day is a sh!t load!!! I told him 2 get out. I almost took it it hurt that bad....however, I just thought of my family, business ans goals and what this crap has done to my body and he left.......Im still hurting....Howwever, I WILL BEAT THIS!!!!

Also, god idea on dr. if I tell him he wont refill more chance of sucess, i feel like i just wanna go on with my life. I dont have depression just want the pain to go and sleep 2 come I have NO CRAVINGS what so ever now...maybe weird but I dont. Im just done.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:11 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

One thing. Do over the counter sleeping pills actually work or no?
Old 08-17-2011, 01:21 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I used to take over the counter sleeping pills - they worked but left me really foggy in the morning, hard to get up for work so I stopped. I take melatonin now, it's natural but usually does the trick to at least help me relax a bit. BUT things work diff for everyone, for now getting some sleep is what matters so whatever works for ya.......

wishing i had some now - can't sleep for the life of me and have to be up in a couple hrs for work, I'll be quite pleasant I'm sure

great job turning down the 'help' your buddy brought you!! that takes willpower, not sure I would have been able to do it, so kudos to you!! and yes, that many mg a day is not just a lot, it's an insane amount. I shudder to think what I used to take also.....guess we should be glad for another shot!

lol poor maids. funny story though
Old 08-17-2011, 01:29 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Ya. I have alot 2 live for and its so expensive to just feel normal when you can detox then feel normal for free...LOL what a concept but the drug does talk 2 me....its like " Cmon you can handle it now u been through it u can do a little" and im like " F U PILL! I cant handle it thats how i got here! So GO AWAY I love myself to much to ever let you sneak back into my life ever again! And YA a 1000mg a day scared the crap out of me day 2 day I wasnt sure I would be alive. I am for some reason I still have stuff to do here on this earth! THANKS! hope u make it too and leave this behind you@!