Notices

Major cravings today..

Old 10-12-2006, 10:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Major cravings today..

These cravings just won't go away. I even called my neurologist too see if he'd give me a refill.

Somebody please tell me something to make me feel better..PLEASE...
Old 10-12-2006, 10:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Liz, been thinking about you. My Fla sis is here with me now, or I'd be sending her to your house! Since she's not available, can you get yourself out of your house and do something, anything? Take a walk or a bike ride? Clean up your yard? Clean up your neighbor's yard? Go to a thrift store and chit chat with the volunteer? The physical cravings last only a few seconds, the mental one can be driven away with distraction. Hang in there.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ventuhome
Hey Liz, been thinking about you. My Fla sis is here with me now, or I'd be sending her to your house! Since she's not available, can you get yourself out of your house and do something, anything? Take a walk or a bike ride? Clean up your yard? Clean up your neighbor's yard? Go to a thrift store and chit chat with the volunteer? The physical cravings last only a few seconds, the mental one can be driven away with distraction. Hang in there.

Yup. Hang tight and don't pick up regardless. Exercise is a big help. I took up powerwalking. Somedays I walked so hard the veins stuck out in my legs but I came home too exhausted to crave!
Old 10-12-2006, 12:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Part of the problem is that we associate our drug of choice with pleasure and relief, and that's what we used to get. It takes time to find relief in other ways. It's a learning process. Most of the time it's not about instant gratification, which can be a tough concept to wrap our minds around. Meanwhile, we do whatever we have to to maintain our sobriety.

Hang in there!
Old 10-12-2006, 02:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hang in!
The best advice I can give is to stay busy. I did everything to occupy my mind..exercised, crosswords, music, TV, reading...anything.
It will get easier...each day you are closer to being you again.

Best,

Golf
Old 10-12-2006, 03:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Liz has posted on a new thread that she has relapsed...might be worth looking at what is causing the cravings so that hopefully next time there will be something in place...a great place to start would be to fess up to the neurologist that you have a problem with the tramadol..I know this has worked for me...shutting the door to a supply has helped me because even though I may desperately want it if I cant get it I cant get it!
I have suffered with migraines all of my life and I have 54 days now and I would describe early withdrawal head pain to be as severe as a migraine but I got through it..I try to prevent them so go for massages, take anti inflammatories if it is bad etc...there are other ways.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I agree with the fessing up to the Dr...
Old 10-13-2006, 08:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

To get the help you need you HAVE to be honest to a Dr you trust,...I know there hard to find but if not you just get stuck going round n round,...!

I just know that my use of benzo's cause's me more hassle than i realize,...!
n Tramadol your gona feel as you can knock um back,...!
and will get w/d's...!
Totally agree with the excercise,...!
and it's Great to know that craveing only last a few sec's in the mind n the rest is up to you,...
Good Luck with it all ((Liz))......xXx...!