Notices

Day 3 no suboxone what should i expect

Old 03-18-2020, 06:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 no suboxone what should i expect

So today is day three of no suboxone and idk what to expect or think. Idk if im feeling it quite yet still feel normal praying that god stays by my side and that i continue to feel normal i been on suboxone for almost two years now and sober from meth and heroin since may 16th 2018 but was prescribed suboxone by doctor and took for last two years almost now im ready to be sober from the suboxone too. Any advice on how to get threw withdrawls would be helpful as from. What i have read and heard it's so strong u wont start feeling the withdrawls till. Bout 3 to. 4 days innto being off of them is this true also?
Old 03-18-2020, 06:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Was your dose tapered down gradually? Mine was tapered over six months to such a tiny dose but I still had about a week of discomfort. It was mild though and that's because of the taper.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I did taper down off it to only .5mg a day and then i just spoke to my husband and told him i was ready to be off them completely as i have been recently reading subs cause throat cancer or cancer in mouth and that scares the **** outta me had i known that id of never gotten on the subs..so here i am night 3 and i did take some zzzquil tho to help with sleep my w/d symptoms seem mild now but will they only get worst??? Only on day three and had the shiver and was cold all day felt uncomfortable in my own skin. Also really tired soooo tired and so blah like i just keep dazin off i know gods on my side or id be goin threw hell rn thank god im not
Old 03-18-2020, 07:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by daisy1 View Post
Was your dose tapered down gradually? Mine was tapered over six months to such a tiny dose but I still had about a week of discomfort. It was mild though and that's because of the taper.
I did taper down off it to only .5mg a day and then i just spoke to my husband and told him i was ready to be off them completely as i have been recently reading subs cause throat cancer or cancer in mouth and that scares the **** outta me had i known that id of never gotten on the subs..so here i am night 3 and i did take some zzzquil tho to help with sleep my w/d symptoms seem mild now but will they only get worst??? Only on day three and had the shiver and was cold all day felt uncomfortable in my own skin. Also really tired soooo tired and so blah like i just keep dazin off i know gods on my side or id be goin threw hell rn thank god im not
Old 03-19-2020, 07:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

From what I remember of my experience I think you will be ok from this point, and won't get worse. I got the sweats and chills for at least a few days and then bizarrely it would return over the following months but left quickly. My doctor said well it just will be uncomfortable for a while, you can't avoid that. Hang in there it sounds like you're doing well!
Old 03-21-2020, 07:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you daisy i am doing well now on day six with no suboxone and im feeling good so far today i am trying to leave it in gods hands and praying for the best thanks again for telling me what to expect 😊