SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/suboxone-methadone-maintenance-detox/)
-   -   Soboxene Detox is not as hard as everyone say (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/suboxone-methadone-maintenance-detox/438772-soboxene-detox-not-hard-everyone-say.html)

deek161 05-23-2019 03:43 PM

Soboxene Detox is not as hard as everyone say
 
I was on Subs for 5 years 18mg a day .. 2 weeks ago I had enough.. so I tapered down to 2 mg a day .. I had some stomach issues that I took over the counter medicine for and couldn't sleep very well but it was nothing that everyone said it would be .. I jumped complete off 3 days ago and itís been actually very ez .. yea some chills but no depression instead i m happier than Iíve ever felt !!! Itís like the world opened up to me and I can feel again... Iím not sure why people post all these horror. Stories but itís not that bad a t all ... If you want it you will kick also .. just stay busy stay working stay in the gym and donít think about it .. whatever you do donít read the horror stories cause thatí just puts negative thoughts in your heads .. Good luck to all !!!

Bubovski 05-23-2019 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deek161 (Post 7190498)
I was on Subs for 5 years 18mg a day .. 2 weeks ago I had enough.. so I tapered down to 2 mg a day .. I had some stomach issues that I took over the counter medicine for and couldn't sleep very well but it was nothing that everyone said it would be .. I jumped complete off 3 days ago and itís been actually very ez .. yea some chills but no depression instead i m happier than Iíve ever felt !!! Itís like the world opened up to me and I can feel again... Iím not sure why people post all these horror. Stories but itís not that bad a t all ... If you want it you will kick also .. just stay busy stay working stay in the gym and donít think about it .. whatever you do donít read the horror stories cause thatí just puts negative thoughts in your heads .. Good luck to all !!!

Subs?---must lookit up. Glad to hear you are doing well and gyming.
Can't say the same for my benzo taper though.
How we address withdrawal is of course important though.

Dee74 05-23-2019 05:21 PM

I think different people have different experiences.
I'm glad it wasn't too painful for you deek :)

Good luck with your surgery :)
D

deek161 05-23-2019 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubovski (Post 7190514)
Subs?---must lookit up. Glad to hear you are doing well and gyming.
Can't say the same for my benzo taper though.
How we address withdrawal is of course important though.

Subs is short for Soboxene

deek161 05-23-2019 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 7190540)
I think different people have different experiences.
I'm glad it wasn't too painful for you deek :)

Good luck with your surgery :)
D

Thanks !! I was scared I wasnít gonna kick in time and go through pure hell during my surgery but I quit a month early with 100 soboxone left in my drawer .. I need to flush em down the toilet but for some reason it was easier knowing they were there ..Itís 98 percent physiological really .. as long as I stayed busy I was ok .. I got up at 5am and went to work till 5 then got home and went to the gym .. then came home and cooked and cleaned for my son ď Iím also a single father ď .. then it was bed time ... I think people that lay around have a way harder time than if they would just stay active ...

deek161 05-23-2019 06:20 PM

One last thing.. I was ready sooooo ready ... Iíve been a slave to one drug or another all my life and was looking to get off .. when I found out I had to have surgery I knew right then that was god telling me itís time .. Soboxene the first 2 years was great .. then it turned on me , severe Depression.. I didnít want to go anywhere or talk to anyone .. then.my memory started slipping and that really scared me .. now I can feel my happiness coming back like really coming back and I can feel my mind clearing up .. Thank you God thank you for this chance at another life cause I know it was my god who got me through this I prayed everyday and he was listening !!!! Soboxene is the Devil or really is and Iím not a Bible Thumper Iím just a survivor!

GOAL1722 06-09-2019 07:26 PM

Its amazing to hear a solid success story from someone detoxing off of Subs. Congratulations what you have been able to do in my opinion is a HUGE accomplishment. Its something I hope to do myself very soon. Ive been on clean on suboxone for 5 plus years and I think I'm ready to detox off. Im not noticing any major side effects other than trouble sleeping every once and a while and the occasional constipation. I appreciate you sharing your story it gives me hope that I can do it and it wont be like taking a ride through a hurricane with the top down.

Alisha2928 06-11-2019 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deek161 (Post 7190574)
One last thing.. I was ready sooooo ready ... Iíve been a slave to one drug or another all my life and was looking to get off .. when I found out I had to have surgery I knew right then that was god telling me itís time .. Soboxene the first 2 years was great .. then it turned on me , severe Depression.. I didnít want to go anywhere or talk to anyone .. then.my memory started slipping and that really scared me .. now I can feel my happiness coming back like really coming back and I can feel my mind clearing up .. Thank you God thank you for this chance at another life cause I know it was my god who got me through this I prayed everyday and he was listening !!!! Soboxene is the Devil or really is and Iím not a Bible Thumper Iím just a survivor!


Thank you so much for this. I have been on it now for about 3 years and I am depressed, I don't want to do anything , it is a struggle not to sleep all day.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:16 PM.